• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSM3 Rumor: Spark Unlimited could be working on Next Onimusha game

Dahbomb

I remember reading that almost 600 people were working on DD...that included the DMC team and probably many others too.if they are working on the sequel a big number of people must be working on that plus on (the already announced) expansion for the original game.
That is true that a lot of people worked on DD but I don't think that many people are going to be working on an expansion nor do I think they are going to churn out a sequel that quickly. Then again Capcom did say they want to put out sequels at shorter intervals...

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
no

not like this

1264F-1000x1000.jpg

Damned sad news. My haiku review of Legendary from here: http://bitmob.com/articles/haiku-review-legendary-ps3

Our world's myths inspire:
Bland shooting, too few monsters,
Too many sewers!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
How the hell are they getting all this work? They have not produced one single "average" game let alone a good one.

How the hell are they getting all this work? They have not produced one single "average" game let alone a good one.

The inherent problem with outsourcing is that the people who are really quite good at their jobs are generally expensive and like to take a while to make their games.

If you're the lowest bidder, you'll find a lot of work. That massive over-expansion as a result of taking so many projects is what killed GRIN.

In my opinion Onimusha 3 was a mixed bag. I loved the intro with Mozart's Requim and Jean Reno speaking French, but how the HELL could he only be dubbed with a very bad American voice in-game?

It really broke the game for me.

Also

Jubei Yagyu >>>>> Samanosuke Akechi

I mean, Jubei was modelled after the late Yusaku Matsuda , how cool is that?

Nizz

According to the latest rumor provided in the November issue of PSM3, Capcom may have asked Spark Unlimited to revive and reboot an unnamed adventure series. The publication is speculating that the game in question may just be Onimusha.
25722e795e328a149aba817553405f70f7286aa5.gif

ArjanN

I think that if this ends up being true the meltdowns will be far worse than DmC...

I don't think Onimusha was ever as popular as Devil May Cry.
Onimusha 3 and Dawn of Dreams also already experimented with the formula of the series quite a bit.

I think the reactions here are pretty overblown, I consider Spark to be pretty much a new studio at this point, especially given they're also working with Capcom/Inafune etc. on these games.
At least wait for them to show something.

Top Bottom