• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN 2.0: What should it be like? (Twitter #BetterPSN)

Aurizen

I'm really loving everyone ideas! Lets hope Sony is looking and wants to do something about it. I think Steam is a fine example Sony should compete with.

Andrefpvs

- Trophy auto-screenshots saved online instead of locally

I think they're a great feature, but there's two big problems with them:
  • They disappear forever from your trophy list if deleted from the HDD
  • They take up space on the HDD for people who don't care much about them
Saving them online would solve both of these problems. Also, it would allow for them to be viewed on any PS4/PlayStation App, allow them to be compared, etc.

They would not occupy too much space on online servers. You can read the reasoning here.

i-Jest

Better customer service. I've heard horror stories here on GAF about people who've had their accounts hijacked and getting billed for games they didn't purchase. No refund options or liability on Sony's end.

With that said, better security authentication. I don't leave my credit card info in Sony's store BECAUSE I don't trust them with it.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
What do you guys mean?

I mean that PSN looks like a beta amateur game network compared to Steam.

Game pages - barely any information. Some games don't even have screnshots. No user reviews, opinions.

Apps and games all mixed up in one confusing line. And the library sucks. I want the option to customize the home screen with the games I want.

No friends/chat options. Just one big list. No status options.

Better security and not go down every other month. Faster downloads. 5-10GB of online storage for saves, especially when saves can be hundreds of MB's now on PS4. This isn't so much PSN as it is the PS4 itself, but only having to put in a game disc once every few days to a week, to prove you still have the game. I'm sure I will think of more later but that is a great start.

Aurizen

Can we start a movement? I think if we stick together and want this change we have to stick together we can start it on twitter and maybe it'll get enough sound and they'll write articles on this and Shuhei Yoshida might see it and maybe something will come from this!!

I shall call it #PSNINNOVATIONCOALITION

We make a post taking 1 thing from the 1st post's list and tweeting that for example Example :

@yosp #PSN needs Better/more CDN's with universal consistent speeds that max out the client's throughput #PSNINNOVATIONCOALITION

etta

my hard graphic balls
Can we start a movement? I think if we stick together and want this change we have to stick together we can start it on twitter and maybe it'll get enough sound and they'll write articles on this and Shuhei Yoshida might see it and maybe something will come from this!!

I shall call it #PSNINNOVATIONCOALITION

We make a post taking 1 thing from the 1st post's list and tweeting that for example Example :

It needs something shorter and catchy, like the #PS4NoDRM. Maybe #PSN2.0? If we do want to collectively start a Twitter campaign, maybe a mod can add the hastag to the title of this so if people were to google it, they'd find it easier.

jwk94

Oh and most importantly, don't tie each game's live area to your online connection. I'm in a slow spot in my house and the live areas take forever to load.

Chipotle

I don't know how easy it'd be but I was thinking earlier that putting your content into rows really slows things down. Analogue sticks mean it'd be easy to arrange folders you open that give you options (like a weapon wheel in a game) which would be quicker and mean less button presses.

It might work out horribly but maybe arranging the top level of the folders into a kind of honeycomb pattern or something.

This isn't really a PSN issue but the talk of folders in this thread made me think of it.

Armadilo

Banned
I want it to be called PSN Quantum, Everything new and made for the Future, PSN Quantum is announced and everyone is told to update your PS4 and it's a large update. When your console is restarting you can tell right off that it's not the same anymore as a new sexy UI is born, Everything is fast and simple as your Internet connection is what matters when comes to how fast PSN is . One Day Right ..... right... . . .
images

Aurizen

I want it to be called PSN Quantum, Everything new and made for the Future, PSN Quantum is announced and everyone is told to update your PS4 and it's a large update. When your console is restarting you can tell right off that it's not the same anymore as a new sexy UI is born, Everything is fast and simple as your Internet connection is what matters when comes to how fast PSN is . One Day Right ..... right... . . .
images

Lets do it guys! lets start tweeting!! In order to get change we must call of it! #PSN2.0 #PSNINNOVATIONCOALITION

#PSN2.0 wouldn't work as a Twitter hashtag due to the "."

Maybe #PSN2 or #BetterPSN instead? I like #BetterPSN, it says what this is all about.

That works too! as long as we get the word out they'll hear us! If we're in unison and want the same change can happen!

If we can come to an agreement I hope Etta updates it to the 1st post.

DToneli

Neo Member
That might be asking a bit too much but here we go:
How awesome wouldn't it be if we could acces the PS4 gallery (whilst the console is turned on) on our PC (via our PSN accounts - the same way we manage other infos ) or the mobile app

skelekey

That's a solid list of requests. I'm not sure if this has been asked for already but in addition to wish lists I would like user reviews. The star ratings are ok, but sometimes I'd like more context.

VariantX

-I'd like to be able to organize my friends into groups by things like friends, family, or game title.

-More online storage for saves. For some reason, PS4 save game data is huge compared to everyone elses.

-Actually notify me when friends are online for once.

-Allow me to scroll down the Online Friends preview list without forcing me to go into the menu with the touch pad

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Free online play.

Matches X-box Live in basic service at the very least. If this second one requires a subscription, fine (begrudingly, Valve/Steam doesn't need that) but FFS the network is just poor when you come from X-box Live.

Aurizen

Lets do it guys the #BetterPSN Campaign lets tweet I started!

I also tweeted it to Toshimasa Aoki (@toshimasa_aoki), not sure if he would be any help but the more people at Sony knows the better!

Andrefpvs

Nice :)

A suggestion. Campaigns usually have more visibility on GAF if they have their own thread with the hashtag in the title. It's kind of hard to get this going if it starts on the third page of a thread, which most people won't read.

People also need a standard set of instructions to follow. Who to tweet to, what to tweet, etc. All of this should be in the first post.

So starting a new thread or modifying this one might be a good idea.

Also, to make sure every idea is seen, maybe each tweet should also include a link to the idea list in the first post, if there is space in the tweet.

I don't have the time to help out right now, but I think these are good suggestions :)

etta

my hard graphic balls
Nice :)

A suggestion. Campaigns usually have more visibility on GAF if they have their own thread with the hashtag in the title. It's kind of hard to get this going if it starts on the third page of a thread, which most people won't read.

People also need a standard set of instructions to follow. Who to tweet to, what to tweet, etc. All of this should be in the first post.

So starting a new thread or modifying this one might be a good idea.

Also, to make sure every idea is seen, maybe each tweet should also include a link to the idea list in the first post, if there is space in the tweet.

I don't have the time to help out right now, but I think these are good suggestions :)

Yea, thanks for this. I edited the OP to include the Twitter info. What do you mean by link the twitter for each feature, though? Should we use the number in the list for the specific feature? You mean like this "@yosp #BetterPSN #Nr.19 Two-factor authentication" ?

Armadilo

Banned
I just think that they can't do anything until they put down the PS3 but by then they will probably never do anything because people will accept it for what it is and forget about it

Andrefpvs

Yea, thanks for this. I edited the OP to include the Twitter info. What do you mean by link the twitter for each feature, though? Should we use the number in the list for the specific feature? You mean like this "@yosp #BetterPSN #Nr.19 Two-factor authentication" ?

I meant the link to the list, like this: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=169753355&postcount=1

The message in the tweet itself should be whatever people want, I think.

Aurizen

This is good! I really hope a Mod can edit the Title to something like "PSN 2.0! Better PSN campaign" or something to that nature. Next Game Journalist to write about what we're doing.

I'm really hopeful about this!

Also etta, can you add @toshimasa_aoki to the list of people to tweet. I don't think @playstationnetwork is a real twitter handle.

* Stable. PSN goes down too much.
* Let me appear offline. Sometimes I want some quality me-time with Netflix and don't want people to send me invites.
* Turn off the "Friend you might know" thing. I don't know this guy and I don't want to.
* Far more cloud storage for savegames. Should be effectively unlimited.

etta

my hard graphic balls
This is good! I really hope a Mod can edit the Title to something like "PSN 2.0! Better PSN campaign" or something to that nature. Next Game Journalist to write about what we're doing.

I'm really hopeful about this!

Yea I messaged a mod about changing the title.

Aurizen

Yea I messaged a mod about changing the title.

awesome!

Edit Also etta, can you add @toshimasa_aoki to the list of people to tweet. I don't think @playstationnetwork is a real twitter handle.

Also can you add @amboyes (Adam Boyes) to the list

pswii60

Written reviews for content would be good like on Steam and phone app stores, could also use PS App as option to input. Adds a real community feel on Steam and is great for discovery.

Deadstar

More online save game space is absolutely necessary. Mine is maxed out. What am I paying for here? Put my money towards more space.

A wish list and gifting option as well as more cloud storage would be at the top of my list. Online/offline status and two-factor authentication would also be things I would like to see.

Actually, pretty much everything in the OP would be seriously appreciated.

Top Bottom