• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Accounts Are Getting Banned For Borrowing PS5 Access

waxer

I spend 50k a year in plane travel and get access to a private lounge why shouldn't other people that also fly on planes also not get free access to the private lounge. They pay for the flights. All flyers should have access to the private lounge.
Fucking airline cancelled my membership cause I was photocopying my lounge Id and selling it to other people. So anticonsumer. Bastards.

If they didn't want people to photocopy the lounge pass then they should have made it harder to duplicate. It's their fault I'm banned.

petran79

Banned
You can try it I guess, but you are assuming a lot of things. Mostly that these countries will support you stealing.

In the EU especially such cases are not taken lightly and Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo had to pay fines for breach of market regulations and their own abusive terms of service.

It is just that very few gaming media want to touch such issues because guess who pays for their ads and gives them free games.

F

Foamy

Unconfirmed Member
Good. Glad they're getting account banned so they have something to lose.
I'm sick of scammers and cheap fucks ripping companies off and ruining things for everyone.
The people who are selling access to their PS5 activated accounts should have their PS5 console banned. To hell wit em.

Last edited by a moderator:

oagboghi2

In the EU especially such cases are not taken lightly and Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo had to pay fines for breach of market regulations and their own abusive terms of service.

It is just that very few gaming media want to touch such issues because guess who pays for their ads and gives them free games.
What market regulation are they breaking? You don't own these games, and would the EU seriously argue that a platform owner can't act to prevent users from breaking their TOS?

petran79

Banned
What market regulation are they breaking? You don't own these games, and would the EU seriously argue that a platform owner can't act to prevent users from breaking their TOS?

EU and country's law is above TOS though and this what the court will take into consideration.

Top Bottom