• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Announcement: Code Redemption Temporarily Disabled

jboss

Neo Member
It seems to be working on all Platforms, go go go!

I was originally getting a message that the code was invalid in the webstore. Now I'm getting "This Prepaid Card cannot be redeemed on a PC."... I suppose that's progress right?

Sykane

I was just able to redeem my 30 days of PS Plus that came with the console (and it stacked) the $10 that came with the console and the code from the PS3 version of Assassins Creed 4 to download the PS4 version. Things look to be in order? None of these would work for me last night.

luffeN

Austrian user with US PS+ code, tried it via Settings, PSN, Account Information, Wallet, Add Funds, Code and it worked.

Hey guys! its my first time using ps+ for my ps4 and I need to input a credit card info. However, I dont have a credit card from the US. Does anyone have here, and if theyre okay with it, put the credit card info just to get my ps+ sub, then they can delete their CC info. I'll give away my password for my psn account. :)

sorry for the double post. :( i just really wanna play resogun and kz online!!!

ill give away my 7 day trial. if thats worth anything. hahahaha

th4tguy

How do I check when my psn+ expires? I just input my second psn+ year code and everything seemed to work fine but when I check my account info via the ps4, it says it expires next year.

Edit: It fixed itself.

Vooduu

I was originally getting a message that the code was invalid in the webstore. Now I'm getting "This Prepaid Card cannot be redeemed on a PC."... I suppose that's progress right?

PS+ cannot be redeemed on the webstore. Only on Playstation consoles.

I was finally able to redeem a code through PS4. First time with PS+, is there a convenient place to see what all is available for free without browsing through everything on the store?

jwhit28

I was finally able to redeem a code through PS4. First time with PS+, is there a convenient place to see what all is available for free without browsing through everything on the store?

On the Sony Entertainment Network website go to the PS Store or whatever it's called. You can sort by PS+ -> Free Games and add all the free PS3/PS4/Vita games to your cart at once and checkout.

Tried redeeming on PS3 PSN Store and it just gave me an Error message. So I should redeem in the account settings instead? Or has anyone been able to redeem on PS3?

Can I redeem the 30 day trial and the 12 month code at the same time to get 13 months?

Redeem the trials first! After you are a "paying customer" you are no longer able to input trial codes. I was able to input the opening 30 day code along with a 7 day code from Killzone, but after I plugged in my 12 month card, I was unable to input a 7 day code from BF4.

Is there no way to redeem a PS Plus code on PC my PS3 doesn't come in till next week. An the selection of games now seems really good. The go away tomorrow right?

jboss

Neo Member
Is there no way to redeem a PS Plus code on PC my PS3 doesn't come in till next week. An the selection of games now seems really good. The go away tomorrow right?

For the US, one or two games should be going away on Tuesday, Dec 3rd. I'm not sure which ones specifically, though.

Games are phased out one or two at a time as new games are added, so you don't have to worry about EVERYTHING going away in a few days... but something you really want could be removed :/ We should get specific details of what's going away at the Playstation Blog on Monday.

JoeFenix

Got my PS+ code to work by using my Vita. Wouldn't work on either PS4 or PC but worked on the first try on Vita.

Pretty weird but I'm glad it finally went through, was starting to get worried!

Mrbob

I currently am on a 30 day PS+ trial can I add my ps+ year code and have it stack?

Yes.

If you don't have Plus yet activate the 30 day trial first because the 30 day trial is only for new users.

Also, here is a 30 day trial for some gaffer who doesn't have plus yet. Please confirm when used:

E2T83CN35473

efeman

Banned

I'm pretty sure that's intended actually. I don't know what the deal is, but that's always been around. I couldn't get my card or amazon code to enter in on the store, and doing some quick googling shows other people from long ago seeing the same thing.

Now for my PS3 and Vita to arrive next week...

Just to confirm, have people that were getting the 24 hour locked out error code been able to redeem their ps+ code without waiting the full 24 hour period? And does repeated tries extend the lockout does anyone know? I'm scared to try it earlier.

Guevara

Just to confirm, have people that were getting the 24 hour locked out error code been able to redeem their ps+ code without waiting the full 24 hour period? And does repeated tries extend the lockout does anyone know? I'm scared to try it earlier.

I was getting the 800------ error code last night after trying my Amazon code on a Vita and PS3 multiple times.

Worked for me finally 5 minutes ago.

I just claimed a ps+ code successfully via ps3 even though I was getting the 800------ lock out code. Now to download Resogun and play bf4 online!

Top Bottom