• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Announcement: Code Redemption Temporarily Disabled

Kuro

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/11/29/playstation-network-announcement/

We are aware that users are experiencing some disruption to the PSN service. To minimise the inconvenience we have suspended the “redeem voucher” functionality whilst we investigate further. Unfortunately this means that money cards, product vouchers, PlayStation Plus vouchers, PS3-PS4 upgrade vouchers and any other vouchers for digital content are not redeemable at this stage. Other PSN features such as log-in, online multi-player gaming, PlayStation Plus trial, PS Store (excluding voucher redemption), trophies, messages, friends etc. are all available.
We apologise and will provide an update to this announcement soon.

lt519

I've been trying to stack mine all day and it just kicks me back to the home screen. I'd be pissed if I were just trying to activate my initial membership.

I was able to redeed 1 code 2 hours ago. Saving my 2nd code and redeeming it in spring when they have the 12month 3months free promo.
When do PS+ codes expire? (Or do they at all?)

Well that explains why I've been getting an error while trying to redeem my 1 Year PS+ for the past 3 mins... Was starting to get worried. Ah well, I'm in no rush.

Tampinha

I tried to redeem a few times through the store and just got errors, but I just tried to redeem it through the account management option in the XMB and it went fine.

iceatcs

One of the few downsides to an all digital future... When shit gets broke.

I think it will never fixed, even Apple failed their servers when big OSX or iOS update.

I think it is time to separate servers location in same region, aka mirror server.
If the current one full, go to the different servers location. Not go to the different server rack, that will never work.

Keep up that beta-testing early adopters! I am watching from afar.

Ha, it does suck, but just because I want it to register. Luckily anybody with a PS4 should have already locked in that 30 day trial and it looks like you still can do that side of it anyway.

At least you can watch us play our games on twitch!

I'm saving my code for when Sony does the "Buy 12 Months of PS+ Get 3 Free" promotion again. It happened around March this year, so I hope it'll happen in a few months from now.

-Winnie-

I dunno if it's a PSN-side problem or not, but goddamn, the PSN store and downloads have been insanely slow on my PS4. Online play and streaming seems fine, but everything else... terrible.

LQX

Wow, it will be something else if all those people that redeemed codes but got nothing loost them forever and have to prove they actually redeemed/bought them.

I tried to redeem my Killzone code through the SEN website and it works. PS4 didn't. After I did this I went to download/purchase history of PS4 PSN store and started downloading from there.

Majanew

Banned
I was just coming on here to see if there was a problem redeeming codes. Was trying to put my $30 PS+ code in. Yuropeans messin' things up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
They need to get their shit together, especially when most people are now paid PS+ subscribers

I've been trying to stack mine all day and it just kicks me back to the home screen. I'd be pissed if I were just trying to activate my initial membership.

I was! My very first foray into the PSN/PS+ world after a decade on Live, was today. Tough start. But I wanted to play BF4 online so rather than wait till I can use my free 30 days, I just bought a year's worth. They really suckered me in, already.

LkPr

is Sony support easy to deal with?? Earlier i tried entering my PS+ code and it looked like the system was going to take it but then my system froze so I had to re-start. Now when I try to enter the code online it states "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid" but I just checked my account and the subscription hasn't been applied!!

kick51

Banned
I was! My very first foray into the PSN/PS+ world after a decade on Live, was today. Tough start. But I wanted to play BF4 online so rather than wait till I can use my free 30 days, I just bought a year's worth. They really suckered me in, already.

you'll realize you were a sucker for a decade once the free games start piling up :)

it's okay, we all were.

LkPr

Sony Support just said PSN was still down for code redemption... so if you are getting the "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid" message wait until tomorrow.

Lace

is Sony support easy to deal with?? Earlier i tried entering my PS+ code and it looked like the system was going to take it but then my system froze so I had to re-start. Now when I try to enter the code online it states "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid" but I just checked my account and the subscription hasn't been applied!!
I had the same issue but when I tried later in the day it worked. I wouldn't be concerned.

Derrick01

Banned
Europe is hammering servers too hard.

The fact they're even on the same servers as us is stupid. There's going to be people in NA who are trying to play and can't figure out why PSN's down 2 weeks after it came out. It's going to be unacceptable to them...and it is quite frankly. We are paying for this garbage now and there's no excuse to keep having the same network problems PS3 had.

Top Bottom