• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Announcement: Code Redemption Temporarily Disabled

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I dunno if it's a PSN-side problem or not, but goddamn, the PSN store and downloads have been insanely slow on my PS4. Online play and streaming seems fine, but everything else... terrible.
Is AT&T your ISP? Some people are having issues with PS4 downloads when using AT&T's DNS servers. If you're on AT&T try switching to Google's DNS servers (8.8.8.8 // 8.8.4.4).

LifEndz

Bought 2 years of plus. My OCD is driving me nuts with this. Guess more people bought Plus memberships than they expected.

Zee-Row

Banned
Damn it , Sony better upgrade the servers now that we are officially paying for online. They can't be held to their last gen standards anymore.

Killthee

The next month's PS3/PS4 games don't cycle over until after the 30th right?
Usually 1 game gets replaced every Tuesday. They don't reveal what they're removing till the week the before it gets pulled, but the Dec schedule will probably be something like:

Dec 3: Dragon's Dogma removed | Borderlands 2 or Grid 2 added
Dec 10: PS3 Retail/PSN (Ico?) removed | Grid 2 or Borderlands 2 added
Dec 17: PS3 PSN (Bittrip Runner 2?) removed | Dyad added
Dec 24: Hotline Miami removed | Urban Trials added
Dec 31: Soul Sacrifice removed | Sonic ASRT added

sazzy

I jist got a vita and ps plus from amazon, no games. Was hoping to download and play the free ps plus ones.

This really sucks.

Killthee

Still can't redeem my BF4 voucher. Tried on the computer through SEN, PS3, and PS4.
Have you tried PSN -> Account Management -> Redeem Code on your PS3? Some people are having success doing it that way.

Yeah, I need them to fix it in time for me to get Shadow of the Colossus. I passed on the $10 deal for that game today because I figured I could get it for free.

Have you tried PSN -> Account Management -> Redeem Code on your PS3? Some people are having success doing it that way.

I just tried that a few times minutes ago. Didn't work. ...I'm going back in!

I also tried to redeem earlier on my PS3. This was before I successfully did it on the Vita later with another code. Anyway, it looked like it was going through but I got an error code before it would finish the transaction, but a couple hours later I saw that it had gone through.

fernoca

Yeah. Kinda weird. I redeemed an online pass for the Last of Us without a hazzle, then noticed this thread, tried to go back and redeem a PS+code...and didn't worked.

Tizoc

Why not just limit it to a certain amount of people per 15 minutes or 1 hour?

Either way I'm relieved I was able to get $50 added to my account before this happened. If Dec. 3rd has some good stuff that interest me I should be able to reach $60 for that $10 back in Mid December.

It does seem to be letting one code through and then stopping subsequent ones. I redeemed Lego Marvel just fine and now it won't let me redeem Knack or any of my credits

Lt.Chips

It does seem to be letting one code through and then stopping subsequent ones. I redeemed Lego Marvel just fine and now it won't let me redeem Knack or any of my credits

I think this is what's happening. I redeemed my first code just fine, and 2 minutes after, my second code doesn't work.

Sony better be fixing this nonsense right now...

Mistake

I just got my code working this way for Uncharted 2

Edit: I forgot to enter in my Journey code and tried that. Didn't work. I'll just try again later

Vooduu

So entering a random set of characters in the "Redeem Codes" section under account management (PS3) gives me the same error without any delay. This leads me to think that I'm not evening connecting to a server while some of you are.

Thanks Sony.

Nothing still, Vita, PC, PS3 or PS4. Errors on all but the PS4, which just boots me to the main menu.

Was hoping to download some stuff overnight. THANKS A LOT, UK.
No really, glad you guys got your consoles. :D

veras

So entering a random set of characters in the "Redeem Codes" section under account management (PS3) gives me the same error without any delay. This leads me to think that I'm not evening connecting to a server while some of you are.

Thanks Sony.

You probably tried to redeem it too much and have the 24 hour tempban from entering codes on your account

Google the error code and you'll find out, but fairly sure that's what it is based on your description

Top Bottom