• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 01/24/08

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Congrats Tanod. Your work is always appreciated. Should be the proudest day of your life hope you start his/her training early.

Resistance 4 is just around the corner!

Vashu

I was just informed of Tanod's newest addition to his collection. :D

Congratulations man!!!!

Also: Hooray for PixelJunk Monsters!

And a little extra fun-fact: The Japanese Sega Rally Revo demo has been updated with a little interested change to the gameplay. Basically, they altered the camera, and now the game is Old-school classical Sega Rally as we have all known on the Saturn and Dreamcast. Wow!

Oh, en Dual Shock support has been implemented. I'm not a big fan of Rally games, and I haven't kept myself up to date with news, so this could be old. But I don't think there has been a patch for the game since it launched, am I correct? Maybe it will come sometime this year.

ram

Vashu said:
And a little extra fun-fact: The Japanese Sega Rally Revo demo has been updated with a little interested change to the gameplay. Basically, they altered the camera, and now the game is Old-school classical Sega Rally as we have all known on the Saturn and Dreamcast. Wow!

did they change the controls too? because they were shit (with d-pad) and nothing near sega rally 1/2.

Vashu said:
I was just informed of Tanod's newest addition to his collection. :D

Congratulations man!!!!

Also: Hooray for PixelJunk Monsters!

Oh, en Dual Shock support has been implemented. I'm not a big fan of Rally games, and I haven't kept myself up to date with news, so this could be old. But I don't think there has been a patch for the game since it launched, am I correct? Maybe it will come sometime this year.

How is the camera on the retail game?

i was looking into this one, but i never played the originals, just the US demo, which i suck at

Damn PJM gets difficult quickly. I spent the last hour trying to get a rainbow on the second easy level. You've really got to learn what waves are coming next.

Tailzo

Vashu said:
So, maybe they'll release a patch with such an option for the final game? Also, I think the controls are very nice, I remember it being very arcadey before too, although I'm no hardcore sega rally player. (Though I did own sega rally 1 & 2 for consoles) And congratulations Tanod!

Crisis

Banned
Hey guys. I thought that I would inform everybody of a general train of thought going around in the PixelJunk Monsters thread.

It seems that PixelJunk Monsters is not locked down like Warhawk was. (As is the case with most PSN titles obviously). Q-Games is a very small indie game studio and they've obviously put a lot of work into PixelJunk Monsters. So while the game is technically shareable, the general feeling is that it's unethically sharable. In short - please don't gameshare PJM. It's not like it's going to cost more than $10 anyway and if you like the game it's definitely worth that bit of money to support that game and its development.

Speevy

Banned
They locked me out of sharing anyway so I support indie developers regardless of what my original inclination was!

Speevy

Banned
Marconelly said:
What do you mean? How did they do that?

It just won't let me share anymore.

I can buy a game right now and you can't log into my account and download it, nor can I do the same from your account.

Says too many systems are activated. I even tried logging into a friend's account and deactivating, same result.

tanod said:
posting this from my psp in a hospital. tanod family soon to be +1. :) i think the hospital firewall is keeping me from using remote play though :mad:

congrats tanod x3 multiplier. just don't get carried away naming the baby dante or nero:D

rc213

Speevy said:
It just won't let me share anymore.

I can buy a game right now and you can't log into my account and download it, nor can I do the same from your account.

Says too many systems are activated. I even tried logging into a friend's account and deactivating, same result.

My guess would be that someone you shared with shared your info with other people. =X

pswii60

Crisis said:
Hey guys. I thought that I would inform everybody of a general train of thought going around in the PixelJunk Monsters thread.

It seems that PixelJunk Monsters is not locked down like Warhawk was. (As is the case with most PSN titles obviously). Q-Games is a very small indie game studio and they've obviously put a lot of work into PixelJunk Monsters. So while the game is technically shareable, the general feeling is that it's unethically sharable. In short - please don't gameshare PJM. It's not like it's going to cost more than $10 anyway and if you like the game it's definitely worth that bit of money to support that game and its development.

Unethically sharable?

Fuck that. They're a business at the end of the day, and if they wanted to lock it down, they would. They haven't, and Sony have given us the freedom to share, so I'll damn well share it. They're not a charity.

reminder

US content (not up yet):

Demos:
DMC4
The Club

Games:
PixelJunk Monsters
Jet Moto 2 (PSone)

Add-ons:
Folklore™ Create-a-Creature Winner Add-On
Stranglehold™ Map Pack Add-On
Stranglehold™ Collector's Edition Map Pack Add-On
Rock Band "Don't Look Back in Anger"
Rock Band "Live Forever"
Rock Band "Wonderwall"
Rock Band Oasis Pack 1
Need for Speed™ ProStreet Extender Pack Premium Car Bundle #1
Need for Speed™ ProStreet Extender Pack Premium Car Bundle #2

Videos:
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground Stevie Williams' Skater Profile
PixelJunk™ Monsters Trailer

Speevy

Banned
g35twinturbo said:
then how did you share the games in the first place?

Changed password for long enough for them to log in (you can only have one person logged into an account at once), and log out.

Plus, I know everyone who's downloaded from my account. They all post here. Good folks.

Thank you SCEE for finally putting up something for us to buy this week. And what a gem it is too. In fact at £3.49 it's a steal. Fantastic value for money.

Although why they haven't put a demo up is anyone's guess, especially as the JP one is all English anyways. Maybe they do hate money afterall.

EktorPR

reminder said:
US content (not up yet):

Demos:
DMC4
The Club

Games:
PixelJunk Monsters
Jet Moto 2 (PSone)

Add-ons:
Folklore™ Create-a-Creature Winner Add-On
Stranglehold™ Map Pack Add-On
Stranglehold™ Collector's Edition Map Pack Add-On
Rock Band "Don't Look Back in Anger"
Rock Band "Live Forever"
Rock Band "Wonderwall"
Rock Band Oasis Pack 1
Need for Speed™ ProStreet Extender Pack Premium Car Bundle #1
Need for Speed™ ProStreet Extender Pack Premium Car Bundle #2

Videos:
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground Stevie Williams' Skater Profile
PixelJunk™ Monsters Trailer

No PixelJunk Monsters demo?! FOR SHAME, SONY!

Speevy

Banned
What's so stupid about a combo game/demo is that someone just casually browing the PS Store has no idea it's for sale.

They should have separate downloads for games and demos, and a "Buy the full version." option in every PSN game demo (like on the other system).

Steroyd

Die Squirrel Die said:
Damn PJM gets difficult quickly. I spent the last hour trying to get a rainbow on the second easy level. You've really got to learn what waves are coming next.

Wave 9 keeps owning me HARD.

My graph looks funny it's steady and stable till wave 9 then it drops like a rock.

Looks like a stock market graph. :lol

Ploid 3.0

Dante said:
How's Jet Moto 2? Never played it.

I didn't like it as much as 1. JM2 was the one that went all over the top in maze like tracks. It was annoying. It was good but didn't feel the same, they tried too hard I think.

Vashu

pancakesandsex said:
How is the camera on the retail game?

i was looking into this one, but i never played the originals, just the US demo, which i suck at

The camera on the retail game here in Europe and the US is more loose, from what I remember. Sorry, I haven't played Sega Rally that much, just got it today in fact. But I was told by a friend of mine who is a big fan of the series.

Tailzo said:
So, maybe they'll release a patch with such an option for the final game? Also, I think the controls are very nice, I remember it being very arcadey before too, although I'm no hardcore sega rally player. (Though I did own sega rally 1 & 2 for consoles) And congratulations Tanod!

Since the game is already out in Europe, I know that it is possible. But I'd have to ask if the guys at SEGA know anything about an update. Would be cool if they updated with a choice, because being able to play old-school SR is just too big an opportunity to let by. And yeah, Dual Shock support should be added too by now, it's become pretty mandatory.

So here's for hoping.

Speevy

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:
I didn't like it as much as 1. JM2 was the one that went all over the top in maze like tracks. It was annoying. It was good but didn't feel the same, they tried too hard I think.

Is it one of those PS1 games that's just friggin' atrocious to look at today like Wipeout and Warhawk?

Kittonwy

Banned
tanod said:
posting this from my psp in a hospital. tanod family soon to be +1. :) i think the hospital firewall is keeping me from using remote play though :mad:

Congrats.

As soon as that kid can hold a controller he or she will be drafted into teh Resistance GAF Clan, this ain't no volunteer army.
Indifferent2.gif

Top Bottom