• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 01/24/08

jvm

Gamasutra.
Can someone please confirm that this GH3 Classic Rock Track Pack is new. It shows up as 24 January 2008, but it wasn't in the PlayStation.Blog update.

I'm adding it to the top post, for now, assuming it really is new, but I'd like to hear from someone who follows the GH3 add-on content.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
MoxManiac said:
Is Pixeljunk monsters the tower defense ripoff? If it is, i'm buying it.
Yep its a keeper! awesome game with more depth it looks like. Its freeking hard too :( run little guy run!!!!!

So will Tanod's baby appear on future banners :) that would be one cute and meaningful banner.

Zoe

I noticed this on another forum. The current top 11 (mix between my account and one that never gets used):

1. Tori-Emaki
2. Mesmerize Trace
3. Super Stardust HD
4. PAIN
5. High Velocity Bowling
6. Aquatopia
7. Mortal Kombat II
8. Trials of Topoq
9. Mesmerize Distort
10. Operation Creature Feature
11. Warhawk <--- Might be something else above this

Geez, I never would have thought those Eye games would be so popular.

dfyb

Banned
MoxManiac said:
Is Pixeljunk monsters the tower defense ripoff? If it is, i'm buying it.
"ripoff"............ of a wide branching series of custom user-made warcraft/starcraft maps? oooooooooooooooooook

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Zoe said:
I noticed this on another forum. The current top 11 (mix between my account and one that never gets used):

1. Tori-Emaki
2. Mesmerize Trace
3. Super Stardust HD
4. PAIN
5. High Velocity Bowling
6. Aquatopia
7. Mortal Kombat II
8. Trials of Topoq
9. Mesmerize Distort
10. Operation Creature Feature
11. Warhawk <--- Might be something else above this

Geez, I never would have thought those Eye games would be so popular.
Those top list are used as a marketing tool to get you to buy/download the latest stuff out there. I am sure its a per weekly basis or something though why the hell would Mortal Kombat be there is anyones guess. If it was really a top downloads GTHD would never leave the number one spot.

Don't know if this was mentioned but GHIII add-on is on there too. It's weird that it wasn't listed. they may have slipped it on there while everyone was killing the server for DMC4 :lol

Btw. $6.49 for it.

Speevy

Banned
Since no one answered this before, I thought I'd ask again.

Is there any word on whether they will add online gameplay to PAIN?

M3wThr33

Banned
PistolGrip said:
Those top list are used as a marketing tool to get you to buy/download the latest stuff out there. I am sure its a per weekly basis or something though why the hell would Mortal Kombat be there is anyones guess. If it was really a top downloads GTHD would never leave the number one spot.
When I looked, Mk2 was at #2.

Zoe

M3wThr33 said:
When I looked, Mk2 was at #2.

The list is different depending on what you've already downloaded. All purchased items and some demos are removed from the store once you have them.

(that's why I took the list from the account I never use)

tizer111

Need for Speed ProStreet Extender Pack Premium Car Bundle #1 ($5.99)
This bundle includes the following cars, only available through the PlayStation Store: Aston Martin DBR9, Porsche Carrera GT, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, Porsche 911 GT3 RS, Lancia Delta Integrale Evo, Dodge Challenger Concept.
File size: 100 KB

Need for Speed ProStreet Extender Pack Premium Car Bundle #2 ($5.99)
This bundle includes the following cars, only available through the PlayStation Store: Koeniggsigg CCX, Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG, Aston Martin DB9, Audi R8, Porsche 911 GT3, Honda S2000.
File size: 100 KB

Wow, that's a lot of cars. I take it the actual cars are on the game disc and that 100kb download just unlocks them?

EA money milking machine in full force...

The Jer

Congrats tanod. just think, you'll be able to tell your kid he/she was born on the same day as the DMC4 demo.

DMC4!

ChryZ

tanod said:
posting this from my psp in a hospital. tanod family soon to be +1. :) i think the hospital firewall is keeping me from using remote play though :mad:
Argh, I missed the good news!

Congratz! Boy or girl
(human or chimera?)
?

Darji

Banned
ChryZ said:
Argh, I missed the good news!

Congratz! Boy or girl
(human or chimera?)
?

its a girl^^

ResistanceFallofManFirstScan.jpg

anyway congratz Tanod^^

ascii42

PistolGrip said:
Right, but since it removes games from the list when you buy them, nobody ever sees GTHD there.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
ascii42 said:
Right, but since it removes games from the list when you buy them, nobody ever sees GTHD there.
He used an account where he didnt download anything and GTHD wasnt even on the top 11.

ascii42

PistolGrip said:
He used an account where he didnt download anything and GTHD wasnt even on the top 11.
Ah, right I see. That is interesting then. I guess it's probably not that easy to find anymore, and most people probably don't know it's there. It's too bad the Playstation store and the XBOX Marketplace don't have a thing where you search for all free content.

jvm

Gamasutra.
pancakesandsex said:
Which version of Jet Moto 2 is on PSN?

The original version with 8 riders at a time in 1p? or the gimped greatest hits version with only 4? There were other differences too but i forgot.

Other differences in GH version:
-Faster framerate due to less racers (lame, gimps difficulty to some extent)
-all tracks unlocked from the start (lame)
My recollection is that the remake was by 989 Studios. From everything I've seen so far, no mention of 989, either in the boot splash screens or in the credits.

So I'm going to so the original. Sound ok?

Ristlager

I have plenty of cash, get an error. "something something please try again later". I have tried later but it does not work. DAMN IT, DAMN IT TO HELL.

Couldn't even buy from the us store with my MC, which has worked up untill now. So both my visa and my MC don't work.

CSSer

Ristlager said:
I have plenty of cash, get an error. "something something please try again later". I have tried later but it does not work. DAMN IT, DAMN IT TO HELL.

Couldn't even buy from the us store with my MC, which has worked up untill now. So both my visa and my MC don't work.

Make sure your billing information is 100% ascii character for ascii character when you input it. Look at your billing statements.

As for please try again later, you get locked out for 24 hrs if you fail too much. Try again tomorrow.

edit- didn't see you've already bought something before, ah well

Ristlager

CSSer said:
Make sure your billing information is 100% ascii character for ascii character when you input it. Look at your billing statements.

As for please try again later, you get locked out for 24 hrs if you fail too much. Try again tomorrow.

edit- didn't see you've already bought something before, ah well

Since there was a huge error in the norwegian bank industry yesterday, and I tried like a hundred times before I found out that it was something wrong. That (failed to much) could be the solution of my problem. So I will try after I come home from watching RAMBO today.:D

RaidenZR

M3wThr33 said:
They all sorta work without it. The Aquarium one is nice without the camera, definitely. I just wish it wasn't so static. Good thing to leave on, I guess.

The Mesmerize ones are almost useless without the camera. (It's actually ONE application. Each additional purchase just adds a few more 'toys' to the list ingame)

Argghh! Man, I followed your recommendation and got burned. Thanks a lot! :(
I can't load the damn things without a camera even connected.

chubigans said:
Well all of them require the PS Eye...they don't even boot up unless it's plugged in.

Yeah thanks. Too late. I bought the Aquatopia one after M3wThr33's post. Now I'm screwed.

Zoe

keiji said:
XI[sai] PS1 game in the jp pstores os free, but is a demo or no?

demo

Edit: Totally random, but there are 99,999 people
LOL, that's probably a programming error
on the Mainichi Issho ranking board now. That's a pretty substantial jump from the last time I checked.

Mmmkay

So what ever happened about the SSHD expansion packs? The in-game store no longer lists the two expansions and that multiplayer one I bought when it mistakenly ended up on the main store still hasn't done anything.

Crisis

Banned
Guys I literally cannot believe that no one noticed this before me. Some of those PSP games that Sony has up on the store for download have dropped in price. Wipeout Pure and SOCOM: FTB are both $10.99 and Gangs of London is now $12.99. They were $14.99 and $19.99 respectively.

tanod

when is my burrito
Tanod Update:

Still in the hospital today. I have my laptop now.

My son was born at 5:26 PM CST Thursday. He and his mom are nice and healthy. Thanks for all the well-wishes. I told my wife that she needs to read this thread later. Maybe I'll print it out and put it in his baby book. :p :D

BTW, Evan is going to be platform agnostic like his dad, I hope. I do own a 360 and half a Wii too, so there.

Speevy

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
Yes. Everything is compatible with everything, EXCEPT the PAL Folklore demo on SD NTSC TVs.

And the entire Playstation 1 PAL catalog on SD NTSC TVs. Yes, I've tried it.

Speevy

Banned
tanod said:
Tanod Update:

My son was born at 5:26 PM CST Thursday. He and his mom are nice and healthy. Thanks for all the well-wishes. I told my wife that she needs to read this thread later. Maybe I'll print it out and put it in his baby book. :p :D

BTW, Evan is going to be platform agnostic like his dad, I hope. I do own a 360 and half a Wii too, so there.

Congratulations!

Lain

tanod said:
Tanod Update:

Just like Speevy said...
Congratulations!

Benedict

After reading the streetfighter 2 HD thread I stumbled across this old news.

Capcom dates downloadable titles
By James Orry - 22/10/2007 - 8:56am GMT
James Orry

Rocketmen to launch in November, followed by Commando 3 and Talisman - no date set for SSFII HD Remix.

At its Gamers Day 2007 held in London last week, Capcom announced a series of release dates for its downloadable titles. Rocketmen: Axis of Evil will get things kicked off in November, followed by the newly announced Commando 3 in December. Both titles will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PSN for 800 MS Points and $9.99 respectively.

Talisman, a licensed Games Workshop board game, is set for April for XBLA, PSN and PC, but we're hoping will be beaten to release by Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - currently estimated for Q1 2008, although it will only ship when it's ready.

European PlayStation 3 gamers can also look forward to the imminent release of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix on PSN.

Source: www.videogamer.com

question: what the hell happened to all these games?

tanod

when is my burrito
Benedict said:

Got delayed. It happens all the time. They'll probably end up coming out some time between April and October.

reminder

Benedict said:
After reading the streetfighter 2 HD thread I stumbled across this old news.

Capcom dates downloadable titles
By James Orry - 22/10/2007 - 8:56am GMT
James Orry

Rocketmen to launch in November, followed by Commando 3 and Talisman - no date set for SSFII HD Remix.

At its Gamers Day 2007 held in London last week, Capcom announced a series of release dates for its downloadable titles. Rocketmen: Axis of Evil will get things kicked off in November, followed by the newly announced Commando 3 in December. Both titles will be available on Xbox LIVE Arcade and PSN for 800 MS Points and $9.99 respectively.

Talisman, a licensed Games Workshop board game, is set for April for XBLA, PSN and PC, but we're hoping will be beaten to release by Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix - currently estimated for Q1 2008, although it will only ship when it's ready.

European PlayStation 3 gamers can also look forward to the imminent release of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix on PSN.

Source: www.videogamer.com

:lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom