• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 12/06/07 - Bowling, Wild Arms PS1, GTA4 trailer, MGS4 TGS trailer, themes

careksims

Hopefully they have a MGS4 Theme with full codec sounds(as someone ha mentioned)

Can't wait to see the themes here. I want to try out the Heavenly Sword one.

S. L.

81gcqiv.jpg

tori emaki theme

EktorPR

gamerecks said:
Oh Noes! I dont have enough Microsoft points for the Themes!

Heh. Clever.
(if a lil' too much "in your face")

EDIT: What the FUCK is Tori-Emaki? Looks pretty.

Elios83

Singstar is the most stylish theme, shortly followed by Killzone2 and Heavenly Sword.
The Motorstorm theme has not really high quality backgrounds and the sounds are annoying (too much noise for an icon :lol ).

Tntnnbltn

Yet more theme screenshots...

Tori Emaki:

Snakeball:

Mesmerise: (Everything in this pic is meant to be purple. Also it has different sounds.)

tanod

when is my burrito
Firewire said:
I don't see it! Give me a clue!

I edited it back to normal. I'm trying to think of something more subtle, but before, it said:

Other - 200 MS points each:
*Themes list here*

Shinraven

I bought a ps3 thinking wipeout was coming out soon. guess not! now I wana sell my ps3 cuz its just collecting dust. Im sick of sonys shit. !

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Oooh, the HS theme and Mesmerize theme sounds are totally awesome. Sooooo much better than the click-tang that we're all used to by now.

Niiice.

Shinraven said:
I bought a ps3 thinking wipeout was coming out soon. guess not! now I wana sell my ps3 cuz its just collecting dust. Im sick of sonys shit. !

Sounds like a good idea to me. You should get right on that.

Shinraven said:

I am angry at Sony, but I am not that angry... things will get better.

lynux3

Shinraven said:

Play the original WipeOut until WipeOut HD. It comes early 2008, likely next month (I hope), so its not that much of a waiting game.

andycapps

Edit: NM

Good news on the themes, Killzone one looks a little plain but that could just be the pictures. I'll be checking out all of them later regardless. I'm still waiting for an official LBP one, but I know there is an unofficial one floating around somewhere.

Vashu

chubigans said:
Oooh, the HS theme and Mesmerize theme sounds are totally awesome. Sooooo much better than the click-tang that we're all used to by now.

Niiice.

Sounds like a good idea to me. You should get right on that.

With HS it sounds more like twing-twang right? :D

I know, not funny... Just had to do it.

pswii60

typo said:
Sony's handling of themes really makes me question Microsoft's handling of it. On the bright side, MS is offering the XBox Originals themes for free (I think)...

There are quite a few free themes on the 360, you just have to look through to find them. And there are like 1000x more themes to download on XBL too compared to PSN, probably as a result of it being a money generator.

My gf has bought all the dog themes on my 360 for example! We have labradors one week, beagles the next, golden retrievers the week after.

Still, it's a Lemmings theme now for my PS3.

Shinraven

andycapps said:
Would've been smart to research what/when games were coming out prior to buying a $399+ system, don't you think?

Good news on the themes, Killzone one looks a little plain but that could just be the pictures. I'll be checking out all of them later regardless. I'm still waiting for an official LBP one, but I know there is an unofficial one floating around somewhere.

Wipeout HD on PSN was supposed to be out last month. now its delayed. I was expecting a demo this month. but I dont hear any news

I am a HUGE racing fan, I need my fix. I want speed baby!!! no bigie, burnout paradise will save me next week :lol

tanod

when is my burrito
OK. Added a new theme to the list:

The catch is that it's less responsive, occasionally crashes and looks like the marketing department threw up all over it.

KZObsessed

I almost had a heart attack when I saw Killzone 2 icon, I thought it was a demo or trailer or something :lol

I do like the backgrounds tho, I'm definitely keeping it as Killzone.

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
tanod said:

The catch is that it's less responsive, occasionally crashes and looks like the marketing department threw up all over it.

:lol :lol

Firewire

Banned
Just asked jstevenson about Resistance & R&C themes, he seems open to the idea, so hopefully it might happen sometime in the future. I'd love some official Insomniac theme's.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
tanod said:

lol

How comes the UK icons on the Store aren't real nice and helpful like the US ones (ie theme, game, demo etc under the picture)?

And is it too much to ask SCEE to put the word Theme after the games name so that people know what the hell it is. Jees, it's like SCEE doesn't have a clue when it comes to the Store.

Well at least there's something worth downloading this week, but still no PSN games makes me sad.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
I like the idea of the notifications being totally transparent like the mesmerize theme. More of that please ;)

reminder

US content (not up yet):

High Velocity Bowling
Wild Arms Psone
GTA IV - Trailer 3 "Move up, ladies"
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots – TGS 2007 Trailer
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune™ "Environments" Video
Battlefield Bad Company™ "Frostbite" Video
Battlefield Bad Company™ "Frostbite" Video #2

Don't know what else is new.

http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Store

andycapps

Shinraven said:
Wipeout HD on PSN was supposed to be out last month. now its delayed. I was expecting a demo this month. but I dont hear any news

I am a HUGE racing fan, I need my fix. I want speed baby!!! no bigie, burnout paradise will save me next week :lol

PS3 has Ridge Racer 7, F1, Motorstorm, GT5 Demo, Dirt, etc. That's plenty for me. More power to you I guess. But yeah, I can't wait for the Burnout demo next week.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT HOLY SHITHOLY SHIT HOLY SHITHOLY SHIT HOLY SHITHOLY SHIT HOLY SHITHOLY SHIT HOLY SHITHOLY SHIT HOLY SHITHOLY SHIT HOLY SHITHOLY SHIT HOLY SHITHOLY SHIT HOLY SHIT

WILD ARMS!!!

Evazan

aka [CFD] El Capitan
reminder said:
US content (not up yet):

High Velocity Bowling
Wild Arms Psone
GTA IV - Trailer 3 "Move up, ladies"
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots – TGS 2007 Trailer
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune™ "Environments" Video
Battlefield Bad Company™ "Frostbite" Video
Battlefield Bad Company™ "Frostbite" Video #2