• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale "Love/Hate" (Feb. 13th - 16th, Aksys games)

Toki767

eh what's the final word on DOA5U - is there gonna be a free upgrade or something to LR?

For players who already have Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate (PS3™/Xbox 360), a free update is available which will upgrade the game to Dead or Alive 5 Last Round and allow online play with players who have the retail or digital version of Dead or Alive 5 Last Round. Players can also purchase the Last Round Set which contains new characters and costumes.

*The free update does not include new DOA5LR content.
*New stages, hairstyles, costume options UI, and skin shader technology only available on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.
*Can also be carried over from DOA5U.
DOA5U save data can be carried over to DOA5LR versions from the same hardware manufacturer.
*Users can fight online against users with the same title and platform.

drotahorror

It's not really hard if you watch the enemy patterns and get your timing right.

It's definitely more challenging than most modern games, but that's what makes it fun. It never feels unfair.

I think it's pretty tough. I started it on hard and the amount of 1 shot deaths is staggering. I feel like even 2 shot deaths are cheap sometimes as well. It's cool though, makes me practice and get good. Sweet game.

mao2

Ok so I need help on these:

Virtual Fighter 5 Showdown - $6 fighter?
Tekken Tag 2 - Liked Tekken 5 so maybe this is similar?
Lara Croft Osiris - I got the original free from glitch on a demo. Time to support devs?
Tekken x SF - Got on Vita. Like to buy cheap fighers
Geometry Wars 3 - looks like Super Star Dust?
Rayman Legends - Got free on 360 from Oman - worth it on PS4?
Since you like fighters, I recommend Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown and Tekken Tag Tournament 2. Also buy Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus R for Vita if you haven't gotten it already. $3.00 is a steal.

Grabbed YDKJ pack for $10 as it's not even available here in the UK and I wanted some kind of party game for my machine.

Hopefully one day Sony will bring out another Buzz, I did tweet Relentless Software about it but they said that the decision lies with Sony. With more and more people owning mobiles devices, they could even do as a digital download and phones/tablets for the buzzers to cut costs down.

843uONj.jpg

What's the online scene like for Soul Calibur V, do people still play it regularly? Kinda tempted to buy it, but only if I can get online and still find a match without much hassle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Final damage;

GGXrd - $24
Jackbox - $10
Towerfall - $4.50 (Figure this is going to be a PS+ game soon but I feel like it's worth owning)

Spent WAY more than I expected. You win, Sony.

breakfuss

I caved and bought Knack and Rayman Legends

Same.

Folks, don't sleep on Rayman Legends. It is bloody brilliant. Just a joy to play. Shame this series doesn't sell better because honestly it's the best 2D platformer to come out in decades. Well, that and DKCR. I'm even considering buying the vita version so that I can have it on the go. Too bad it isn't cross-save.

On the other hand, against better judgement...I picked up Knack. Utter and complete trash. I'm sure I'll manage to squeeze some enjoyment out of it but that'll take some effort. lol people keep saying they want this for PS+. No, you do not.

Dazza

Final damage;

GGXrd - $24
Jackbox - $10
Towerfall - $4.50 (Figure this is going to be a PS+ game soon but I feel like it's worth owning)

Spent WAY more than I expected. You win, Sony.

Was already a PS+ game, but worth owning definitely

I got Jackbox myself, awesome awesome party game, appeals to non gamers too

Skrams

Got Capcom vs SNK2, KoF '99, Third Strike Complete Edition, Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Alpha 3, Tekken, and Monster Monpiece. I bought most of them because they were cheap and then Monster Monpiece because I wanted to say I own it. I also sort of like card games and then there's the gif.

Thought about Dynasty Warriors and Ragnarok for a little bit. I can't really convince myself when I have a barely played copy of Hyrule Warriors and MH4 Ultimate waiting to be played.

I'm also having weird problems where the games I just bought aren't showing up on my download list on the web store. They show up on my Vita, but just not the store. This also happened in the other sale about a month ago with the 10% off code, but those eventually appeared in my list. No idea if this is a common problem or not.

wilflare

Got Capcom vs SNK2, KoF '99, Third Strike Complete Edition, Alpha 1, Alpha 2, Alpha 3, Tekken, and Monster Monpiece. I bought most of them because they were cheap and then Monster Monpiece because I wanted to say I own it. I also sort of like card games and then there's the gif.

Thought about Dynasty Warriors and Ragnarok for a little bit. I can't really convince myself when I have a barely played copy of Hyrule Warriors and MH4 Ultimate waiting to be played.

I'm also having weird problems where the games I just bought aren't showing up on my download list on the web store. They show up on my Vita, but just not the store. This also happened in the other sale about a month ago with the 10% off code, but those eventually appeared in my list. No idea if this is a common problem or not.

logout and login on the Webstore - that will fix it most of the time.

m@cross

Right so I get a bad feeling if I buy Knack it is going to be March PS+....

Grabbing Rayman for the VITA, loved the demo, and LBP3 for couch co-op w/wife.

Electrii

Rayman Legends is among the best platformers I've ever played and most definitely the most beautiful 2D game I've ever played. It's easily worth 60 bucks and at 10 it's a complete steal.
Also, I don't get this forum's obsession with Knack, it seems completely mediocre and pretty damn boring.

Right so I get a bad feeling if I buy Knack it is going to be March PS+....

Grabbing Rayman for the VITA, loved the demo, and LBP3 for couch co-op w/wife.

And then Rayman Legends becomes PS+

Rayman Legends is among the best platformers I've ever played and most definitely the most beautiful 2D game I've ever played. It's easily worth 60 bucks and at 10 it's a complete steal.
Also, I don't get this forum's obsession with Knack, it seems completely mediocre and pretty damn boring.

It is not an obsession. It is just that the game is worth the 10 bucks because for that price it truly is a good game.

Like I said earlier, Knack was garbage and was an absolute chore to play through the first time.

After the first play through though other things open up (time trials, various versions of knack, etc.) which makes the game better. It was never worth 60 dollars, not in the slightest. But for 10 bucks if you can play through the campaign it'll start growing on you especially if you are looking to platinum.

It's not even worth 20 but for 10 bucks you could do worse.

Knack is, with 100% certainty, going to be a PS+ game at some point. Only buy it if you have an overwhelming need to play lacklustre shit right now.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I wanna get LittleBigPlanet 3 but I'm almost certain it's fighting with Knack over who will be first Sony full title to Playstation Plus.

So I guess I'll ask again, hope is DW8? My only similar experience lately with the genre is Hyrule warriors and I enjoyed that so is this on par or better?

Wasn't going to pick anything up from this sale, but I ended up caving and getting Laura Croft & The Temple of Osiris. My friend and I have been playing a ton of Destiny and were looking for another online co-op game and figured that, for $8, this fits the bill until The Handsome Collection drops in April!

tanooki27

would i really just despise knack if I got it. could it be entertaining while listening to podcasts and shit? oh god i'm putting so much weight on this $10

Machine

I ended up with Knack and DW8 for PS4. Why do I keep adding to my backlog? I played a little DW8 this morning and was surprised by the amount of speech coming out of the controller. For some reason, I wasn't really expecting it.

medenko

Banned
I ended up with Knack and DW8 for PS4. Why do I keep adding to my backlog? I played a little DW8 this morning and was surprised by the amount of speech coming out of the controller. For some reason, I wasn't really expecting it.

because you hate having too money in your wallet :)

FireCloud

Well, I just couldn't resist. At 11:58am EST, I caved and bought
- Jackbox Party pack
- Rayman Legends (PS4)

Hopefully, this was a wise use of $20. We'll see...

I finally broke on this sale and picked up Monster Monpiece and Rayman Legends (PS4).

Only played two levels of Rayman so far but I can already tell this was worth it.

Leatherface

I've seen people asking but noone responding, is the game still ridden with bugs or would you suggest it to others?

Haven't played any multiplayer yet, but single player has been fine so far. Other than annoying load times and narration/dialog the game is pretty enjoyable.

Seeing Temple of Osiris 60% off reminds to never buy a game day one.

Edit: I heard LBP3 doesn't have full four player coop, but does it have at least two?

Top Bottom