• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale "Love/Hate" (Feb. 13th - 16th, Aksys games)

mhs004

Right now I'm on level 6-3 in Knack. I do agree people in that it has some issues but it is a really fun game. I actually am having way more fun with knack than the last game I finished, Dragon Age Inquisition. Guys it's worth the $10.

jediyoshi

All sales are final according to the Terms of Service, but I've gotten refunds via the Live Chat. They forward it to someone that decides it, the chat person can't tell you if your request will be granted.

They'll probably be under the impression they'd be wanting a refund on the PS4 first.

Grabbed Knack and Hard Corpse Uprising.

Why did Knack receive so bad reviews? I know it's a bit repetitive but I'm super enjoying it. Should have bought it at launch... .

Will probably still pick it up on disc one day!

Ricker

Right now I'm on level 6-3 in Knack. I do agree people in that it has some issues but it is a really fun game. I actually am having way more fun with knack than the last game I finished, Dragon Age Inquisition. Guys it's worth the $10.

I might buy it tomorrow morning..is it really hard though like some people say or its an exxageration...?(I mean on normal).

Servbot24

Banned
Why did Knack receive so bad reviews? I know it's a bit repetitive but I'm super enjoying it. Should have bought it at launch... .

It's not trendy. I don't intend to imply that's a shallow criticism either. The game just doesn't feel like it belongs in the PS4 era.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
GGXXAC+R, it got updated a couple months back and now supports online multiplayer. Continuum Shift II is very outdated and is the PSP version. Wait for Chrono Phantasma to go on sale on the Vita instead.
+R on Vita does not have online, that's the PS3 version.

aaronwt

I just purchased it. Thanks.

Shizuka

Is Monster Monpiece worth it? I'm a gay dude so I don't give a shit about the rubbing chicks clothes off aspect, but if it's a fun game, I'm still wanting to play!

I'm a gay dude and I don't give a shit about rubbing chicks, still I had a lot of fun with the game. Go for it!

mhs004

I might buy it tomorrow morning..is it really hard though like some people say or its an exxageration...?(I mean on normal).

I'm playing on Normal right now. It can get difficult but you will eventually pass every obstical after a few tries. So it can be a challenge now and then but once you get the hang of how to dodge and jump attack you will be fine.

I knew Guilty Gear Xrd was a gorgeous game from what I had seen before, which is why I felt compelled to take advantage of this sale...but then I remembered...it's a guilty gear game, and i fucking suck at these >_<

mhs004

I just purchased it. Thanks.

No prob. More people on the Knack hype train is welcome.

Another tip for people begging conserve you're sun stones. You may need em at the hardest parts so try to save you're sun stone power. There have been a few times I needed them but couldn't use it.

Massa

It's not really hard if you watch the enemy patterns and get your timing right.

It's definitely more challenging than most modern games, but that's what makes it fun. It never feels unfair.

Darknight

Ok so I need help on these:

Virtual Fighter 5 Showdown - $6 fighter?
Tekken Tag 2 - Liked Tekken 5 so maybe this is similar?
Lara Croft Osiris - I got the original free from glitch on a demo. Time to support devs?
Tekken x SF - Got on Vita. Like to buy cheap fighers
Geometry Wars 3 - looks like Super Star Dust?
Rayman Legends - Got free on 360 from Oman - worth it on PS4?

Really want to get my friend JackBox, but he just moved and won't have internet for a few days. I'm SOL, right? The lack of gifting options on PSN is ridiculous.
You could always call him, ask him for his username/password, then sign in and buy it for him. Could even pay with Paypal if you want it to be your own money.

GrayDock

Got Knack and it's "old school" hard, when some tries will do, but some cases will need lots of tries.

Would love a Crash, a Jak, a Ratchet or a [dream] Megaman [dream] with the Knack engine. It fits so well that it should be done.

Knack is more Game of the Year material than Dragon Age for me personally. At $9.99, it should be a crime to get it for this very low price.
I still hope it joins PS Plus, so it can convert people in accepting that Knack is a great game.

Grabbed Knack and Hard Corpse Uprising.

Will probably still pick it up on disc one day!
Reviewers been out of touch for a while. I saw some Knack copies avaiable at Ebay in the $13-16 range and Killzone as well(not good).

Kriken

Eh, I caved and bought Rayman Legends, which would make it the third time I've bought it. Also went for Hyperdimension Neptunia for some reason :/

TheJerit

Really want to get my friend JackBox, but he just moved and won't have internet for a few days. I'm SOL, right? The lack of gifting options on PSN is ridiculous.

Not getting Knack yet. I'd rather have a physical copy for the same price, or wait until it's free on PS+

Buy a psn giftcard or digital giftcard and have him buy it through the browser. Done and he can download when he gets back online.

wilflare

Lara Croft Osiris - I got the original free from glitch on a demo. Time to support devs?

would love some opinions on these too

The Flash Sale page keeps killing my PS3, three resets with HDD check, but I eventually got what I wanted.

All I did was download Hard Corps Uprising (got it, Rayman and Hyperdimension Neptunia) and it crashed. I even used the webstore to checkout, it crashed simply on a download. Thankfully it was after I had pressed the "ok" button on the "install complete" screen so it didn't corrupt my download but still. The PS3 had to check its hard drive for errors and everything. Sony really needs to optimize the webstore, come on.

SickBoy

Virtua Fighter 5 is awesome. That is all.

Actually, no it isn't. If you're ever going to have friends at your home who aren't serious gamers, the Jackbox Party Pack is a seriously good deal at $10 or whatever it's selling for.

I bought it at $25 and don't regret it all, after a few sessions over the holidays (except Christmas, thank you hackers).

Virtua Fighter 5 is awesome. That is all.

Actually, no it isn't. If you're ever going to have friends at your home who aren't serious gamers, the Jackbox Party Pack is a seriously good deal at $10 or whatever it's selling for.

I bought it at $25 and don't regret it all, after a few sessions over the holidays (except Christmas, thank you hackers).

Jackbox is totally worth it. We've been playing Fibbage a lot, also some Drawful. The smartphone stuff is brilliant, you don't need gamer friends to play it.

Flandy

Should I get Rayman on Vita or PS4?
Or Wii U? :p

I know Vita has some exclusive levels but I think I'd rather play it on my 1080 monitor :\

Tizoc

it's SFxT, TxSF is still years away from being made :p

VF5 is great one of the best fighters of the past generations.
TTT2 is the best Tekken game in a while and like VF5 is a fun game to play with others and just mash buttons like crazy

Lara Croft ToO is a good co-op game to play, and this one supports 4 players

SFxT, is one of my fav. fighting games, has a nice combo system IMO.

Rayman Legends is my GotY 2013, def. get on dat ish especially if you have others to play with.

Toki767

Final damage:

Guilty Gear Xrd - $24
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:birth - $14
The Jackbox Party Pack - $10
Rayman Legends - $10
Dynasty Warriors 8 XL CE - $18

Total spent in this sale: $76

That's definitely not too bad when you consider it's 4 PS4 games and 1 Vita game.

overcast

I just bought Tomb Raider. Going to hold off on Rayman, I owned it once and if I double dip I want it physically.

Everybody else should buy that game, it's outstanding.

Top Bottom