• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Flash Sale "Love/Hate" (Feb. 13th - 16th, Aksys games)

Dizzy-4U

lol thanks for that, some games run better with that option turned off, gonna test it later on today while messin' with Gief.

For that matter, I didn't remember until I saw it in my download list that SFA2 requires pressing multiple buttons to have stronger supers come out

Which got me to wondering when you press all 3 Punch buttons, what button is mainly prioritized and comes out? HP or HK? Cuz depending on if it is a fixed button I can assign it to the shoulder buttons on the Vita.
Punch x 3 = Jab
Kick x 3 = Short

I replaced both jab and short for punchx3 and kickx3 respectively. Since there are no EXs they work like a charm.

Tizoc

Grabbed my wife and kids Knack.

They are really enjoying it, not as much as 3D World, but for 10 Dollars they are having a really good time and it was certainly worth the money.

Get Rayman Legends as well they'll love that as well, unless you already got that on the Wii U.

BamfMeat

Sorry if this has been mentioned:

Is Monster Monpiece worth it? I'm a gay dude so I don't give a shit about the rubbing chicks clothes off aspect, but if it's a fun game, I'm still wanting to play!

Tizoc

^I guess so yeah, from what I heard the gameplay is good, but the whole 'fanservice' aspect just turns me off because I find it unnecessary :p

Punch x 3 = Jab
Kick x 3 = Short

I replaced both jab and short for punchx3 and kickx3 respectively. Since there are no EXs they work like a charm.

Thanks!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
^^ Thanks for saving me $10. One day I will invest time into fighter games but not now.

On the flipside, TTT2 is easily accessible enough to mash out some insane looking combos and chains blindly while listening to some fantastic fighting music on gorgeously rendered backdrops. The content is huge with lots of modes, stages, characters, and an impressive customization feature ensuring you will almost always see the cast of characters kitted out with goofy items and costumes(especially online but even fighting the AI).

You don't need a fighting degree to have fun with Tekken and TTT2 is the best in the franchise so far.

SCReuter

SFA2's intro on PS1 is a noticeably compressed FMV. That's kinda unusual for an Alpha game.

(Don't mind me. I'm nitpicking.)

Riposte

Hard Corps: Uprising is some of the best 2D gaming there is.

Guilty Gear Xrd probably doesn't even need a recommendation, but crazy good price for a new game.

It truly warms my heart in seeing the postive reception towards Knack and I hope you people join my struggle in getting a sequel :(

Got divekick and there's surprisngly amount of depth to it. I was also happy with the diverse characters to choose from. Online play is low in player count sadly :(

Street Fighter 3rd strike Complete is a great port and I was orginally wanting for Capcom to port it to PS4, but caved in.

I want to buy Guilty Gear, but have to save some money sadly, The PS Plus demo of Guilty Gear was great and I reccommend people play the game.

With regards to Little Big Planet 3, I do want to play it, but I'm not liking the amount of bugs that I'm hearing. Are there plans to patch the issues some people mention in this thread?

Only care for PS4 + Vita and only Rayman Legends tempts me. But Ima pass this go around, most of those games seem like good candidates for PS+ in the future.

^^ Thanks for saving me $10. One day I will invest time into fighter games but not now.
TEKKEN and Dead or Alive are some of the easiest fighting games to get into and would be a great start to get use to the genre.
I actully consider Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat more difficult than the games I mentioned due to you REALLY needing to know characters special moves to get ahead of your opponent :)

Vidpixel

Gah, I'm seriously debating about picking up Guilty Gear Xrd Sign. How's the single-player component for those who own it?

drotahorror

Any impressions on temple of Osiris? The game plus season pass equating to less than the game itself seems like a good deal

Just grabbed it and put a couple hours into it straight. Seems real solid. If you liked GoL then you'll like this. Framerate is jumpy though, it's variable 30-60fps. But it's playable for sure.

//DEVIL//

fuck it. i bought these 4 games for 45$

Guilty Gear Xrd. PS4
Rayman Legends PS4
Knack PS4
Street Fighter Alpha 2 Vita

not bad.

wilflare

how's these
Street Fighter® III: 3rd Strike: Online Edition Complete Pack
Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix
Capcom® vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001

already bought the Alpha games

Tizoc

how's these
Street Fighter® III: 3rd Strike: Online Edition Complete Pack
Super Street Fighter® II Turbo HD Remix
Capcom® vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001

already bought the Alpha games

All are good get them, CvSNK 2 PS2 isn't the best ver. of the game, but it's the most accessible ver. atm.

Has any content actually been confirmed for the Lara Croft season pass? The game seems to have bombed really fucking badly, so I don't want to buy the season pass pack if they're just going to sack it off and not bother releasing any new stuff.

Tizoc

I just bought Rayman Legends on the WiiU for $20 - wondering if I should get it on the PS4
any differences or what not?

Hmm I think Wii U has a few stages requiring the Wii U Pad, but both should have the same stages but with alterations to make up for the lack of the Pad.

All in all though Legends is a great platformer and my GotY 2013.

raven777

How is Dynasty Warriors 8 for PS4? I heard there is free Japanese voice DLC, is this correct? Do they also have all the costume DLCs?

wilflare

Hmm I think Wii U has a few stages requiring the Wii U Pad, but both should have the same stages but with alterations to make up for the lack of the Pad.

All in all though Legends is a great platformer and my GotY 2013.

hmm should I dip again?
---

thoughts on DW8 or should I go PC? is there local co-op

Tizoc

If you've got Rayman Legends, DO NOT BUY IT AGAIN.

It's the same game. You'll get nothing out of it.

I have it on PS3 and Steam and just triple dipped on dat PS4 ver. ;3

Honestly wil if you game on your Wii U more no need to get it on PS4 IMO.

wilflare

I have it on PS3 and Steam and just triple dipped on dat PS4 ver. ;3

Honestly wil if you game on your Wii U more no need to get it on PS4 IMO.

I kinda game on both platforms T_T
lol

thoughts on DW8 - PC or PS4?
wanted Vita but the performance is sketchy

cwistofu

I kinda game on both platforms T_T
lol

thoughts on DW8 - PC or PS4?
wanted Vita but the performance is sketchy

PS4 version has better textures and lighting but doesn't run at a steady 60fps (i think it dips to 50 here and there). PC version runs at locked 60fps but has the PS3 textures for whatever reason.

Can't go wrong with either version, though if you're into the game's DLC, it's gone on sale for 50% a couple times on Steam.

Blind bought the Jack Pack and just tried out all of the games... really, really worth it.

Anyone know if you can do Share Play and thus play with a friend (and their party) who also has a PS4? I figure it might work since everyone would be answering through the website on their phones, unless it's recognizing people via their WiFi address.

Cynn

All are good get them, CvSNK 2 PS2 isn't the best ver. of the game, but it's the most accessible ver. atm.
I've only played the Dreamcast and Xbox versions of CvS2 but I got the ps2 one on a whim. Brother, you're being nice saying it's not the best version. Real nice. Is it the emulation or did the disc on a real PS2 have slowdown as well?

-Digits-

I really want GG Xrd but I can't decide on what version. I don't have a PS4 stick and I really want to use one. Does the PS3 version perform well? I assume the PS4 version runs and looks better.

Tizoc

I've only played the Dreamcast and Xbox versions of CvS2 but I got the ps2 one on a whim. Brother, you're being nice saying it's not the best version. Real nice. Is it the emulation or did the disc on a real PS2 have slowdown as well?

I think it's a combination of emulator and the PS2 ver. being a weaker port than the DC version =X

Tizoc

hmm lol all those PS3 SNK games :/ was hoping it's PS1 so I can play on the Vita :/

Hmm? SNK released PSP and PS3 ver. of a number of their games, they aren't crossbuy, which is lame I know, but every mini and psp game on sale from SNK are vita compatible.

Top Bottom