• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN game sharing and PS3 (de)activation explained

DonMigs85

Sorry for bump, I've mentioned this in some other threads but was wondering if somebody had a number for higher-level Sony support. Emailing them is pretty much useless since they tend to give the same canned responses over and over.
Basically, I have my primary account set up on 2 of my own consoles, and I mutually share with my cousin and a friend, leaving 1 free slot for myself in case the console breaks.
However I checked Qriocity and it showed that all 5 slots were in use. Now I never shared my info with anybody but those 2 guys and they claim they didn't share with anyone else either, at least not intentionally. So I was hoping Sony could reset all my 5 activations or at least the one used by some stranger. What other proof might they need? I have the serial number for the console the account was first created on, and I'm the only one who can access that email address as well. I really hope they can help, need to catch a CSR in a good mood.

AndyD

aka andydumi
DonMigs85 said:
Sorry for bump, I've mentioned this in some other threads but was wondering if somebody had a number for higher-level Sony support. Emailing them is pretty much useless since they tend to give the same canned responses over and over.
Basically, I have my primary account set up on 2 of my own consoles, and I mutually share with my cousin and a friend, leaving 1 free slot for myself in case the console breaks.
However I checked Qriocity and it showed that all 5 slots were in use. Now I never shared my info with anybody but those 2 guys and they claim they didn't share with anyone else either, at least not intentionally. So I was hoping Sony could reset all my 5 activations or at least the one used by some stranger. What other proof might they need? I have the serial number for the console the account was first created on, and I'm the only one who can access that email address as well. I really hope they can help, need to catch a CSR in a good mood.

They will likely not help you. They will tell you to deactivate from your friends. As to escalation, simply ask for a supervisor when you call in in person.

DonMigs85

AndyD said:
They will likely not help you. They will tell you to deactivate from your friends. As to escalation, simply ask for a supervisor when you call in in person.
Crumbs! Some Gaffers clamed they got all their slots reset. Wish I knew what they had to say, or which technician they got. I've spent hundreds on that account :(

AndyD

aka andydumi
DonMigs85 said:
Crumbs! Some Gaffers clamed they got all their slots reset. Wish I knew what they had to say, or which technician they got. I've spent hundreds on that account :(

I am one of those. But it was because they never deactivated when I sent the PS3 in for service. So they have a record of it being serviced and I cannot deactivate those even if I wanted to.

DonMigs85

Good news! After a couple email exchanges Sony actually freed up one of my slots.
I'm guessing they do it as a courtesy only if you're emailing them from the email address tied to the specific PSN ID, and you probably have to have purchased a certain amount from the PS Store. They did mention the one-time thing as well.
Shame they didn't reset all 5, but this is certainly better than nothing.

Top Bottom