• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN "Only on PlayStation" Sale

Does anyone remember why Twisted Metal Black is rated M? I know the mean clown is scary and all, but I'd like to play coop with my son and I don't remember why it's rated M.

Lots of profanity, fucks, people getting impaled, medium shots to close ups of people getting throats slit, etc.

The regular gameplay isn't really M worthy as much as the single-player cutscenes.

Definitely getting Resogun. Is Twisted Metal any good? I have good memories of the PS1 version

Great game with some of my favorite levels. The PS3 really allowed them to create more layered arenas with lots and lots to explore. Single-player is different as it's three consecutive campaigns on three characters, though you can choose whatever cars you want for each level.

I liked it - but it was too long for its own good. Writing doesn't hit the highs of the likes of Life Is Strange, but it makes up for it somewhat with higher production values.

Personally I slightly preferred Heavy Rain(if we stick to Cage games) just because it was better paced (though presentation was decidedly worse). But out of the genre exclusives on PS - Until Dawn is by far the superior choice among all of them.

Okay still sounds interesting enough even if it doesn't quite accomplish what it tries to do. If I had a PS4 I would definitely try Until Dawn as I'm a fan of the genre and horror games

gunstarhero

Everybody should give Shadow of the Beast a try - really unique platfomer and under appreciated game.

One of my favs last year.

akashhhhh

Any feedback on Bound? It seems to prioritize style over substance, but I'm a fan of games like Flower, Abzu, Journey, etc.

B4D1E

There's also psprices.com which has a feature allowing notifications when a game drops in price, along with showing the price history for games. It's pretty useful.

Thank you for the tips. This site is great, you can also see at what point and price a game was on sale. I'll create an account and subscribe for the notifications.

Eagerly waiting this friday's flash sale.

Edit: It appears that EU Store has began the sales. I just picked The Nathan Drake Collection (16.49 €), Uncharted 4 (18.99 €), Infamous+First Light (12.49 €) and The Last of Us Remastered (15.49 €). Next week when I get paid, I'll pick GoW III and Ratched and Clank. I'll be set until the end of year lol.

Tonyx

If you have a vita, and don't own Hot shots, get it. It's one of the platforms best games, imho.

How is it for one that's not a big golf fan and that has no interest for multiplayer?

I read that's a good game but it gets frustratingly difficult and punishes you heavily.

Tizoc

Everybody should give Shadow of the Beast a try - really unique platfomer and under appreciated game.

One of my favs last year.
It isnt a platformer nor is it unique
Still worth playing imo as it is a decent action game, albiet a little long in stage length than id like

Tonyx

Might get it digital just so I don't have to grab the cart every time I need a quick fix.

How difficult is the single player mode for a non golf-master?

I keep reading it's quite unforgiving and the difficulty saps a lot of the fun out of the game.

dtcm83

Hot Shots Golf on Vita finally bought, can't say no to that price. Also grabbed Super Stardust Ultra to try it out on my 3d tv, Pocket Fighter because I loved that game back in the days, and God of War I+II HD because I didn't have them digitally yet. Good sale.

toneroni

How difficult is the single player mode for a non golf-master?

I keep reading it's quite unforgiving and the difficulty saps a lot of the fun out of the game.

I haven't played tooo many hours into it and last time I played was months ago but it was fun and not too hard from what I remember. Had a blast playing it but was sidetracked by other games and hated going to the basement to grab the cart whenever I wanted a quick game.

Noctix

I know gaf loves bloodbourne. But if I suck at dark souls games will I have a better time with bloodbourne or should i just not bother.

How is it for one that's not a big golf fan and that has no interest for multiplayer?

I read that's a good game but it gets frustratingly difficult and punishes you heavily.

I have the ps3 version and have played alone 99% of the time. It's a great game, and fun even if you approach it casually. The upper levels of the 'career' mode can be tough, but until then you'll have a blast unlocking courses and things. IIRC, you can play a custom stroke round and still accrue in game currency to spend on unlocks. I expect you'll get more than $3 worth of fun out of it.

I picked up Modnation Racers, GOW Origins, and Motorstorm Apocalypse. A little disappointed that Motorstorm is ignoring my Disc save and making me start over, but I'll live.

It isnt a platformer nor is it unique
Still worth playing imo as it is a decent action game, albiet a little long in stage length than id like

If you have a vita, and don't own Hot shots, get it. It's one of the platforms best games, imho.

I agree! If only I could beat my last three GIR crowns... If anyone has tips they would be appreciated.

I'm about to purchase GOW collection, Tokyo Jungle, and Motorstorm on PS3.

Are you a Hipster? LOL

Until Dawn is in no way overrated, and is easily one of, if not the, greatest exclusive(s) on PS4. You have shit tastes.
:)
Fam, that puts you in the hipster category if you pick that game over Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon, etc. I don't know how blatantly the pot tried calling the kettle black there, but it was pretty funny to see you try.

Also lol @ shit tastes, my bad, I almost thought this was an interactive medium and as a story Until Dawn couldn't stack up to contemporaries in other mediums. I'm assuming as a gamer you assume that it's some sort of amazing slasher movie story, which would again be the pot calling the kettle black with shit tastes. Son, I'm disappointed, you didn't even try.

irkutsk12

Neo Member
Hi,

I'm one of Bound's devs. For all who were asking about it. I don't want to directly convince you to get it, but I'll give you two hints:

1. You can try the demo and decide if you like the setting. It's a narrative game, so it may not be for everyone.

2. For other opinions please ask at PSVR topics like here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1292822&page=396

or reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/

PSVR owners really enjoy the game.

Thanks!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Lots of profanity, fucks, people getting impaled, medium shots to close ups of people getting throats slit, etc.

The regular gameplay isn't really M worthy as much as the single-player cutscenes

Damn, I don't remember any of that in Twisted Metal Black (I guess I didn't play single player?). A well-earned M rating, then. Thx for the info.

Well, I was going to rent until dawn one day... Guess it's about the same price buying it now xd...

Almost tempted to buy beyond two souls on my european account too.

I know gaf loves bloodbourne. But if I suck at dark souls games will I have a better time with bloodbourne or should i just not bother.
IMO it's easier than Dark Souls 1 and 2 by a good margin. The big monsterous bosses are typically way easier in Souls games and that's the case in BB. Also BB is more forgiving in regards to its version of being hollowed. Not nearly as penalizing as in Souls 2.

G-Bus

Banned

Did you enjoy Darksouls?

I was in the same boat. Liked darksouls but sucked at it. Don't think I made it half way through the game.

Bloodborne is kind of the same deal. I suck at it and learned I dont have the patience for these types of games.

Resogun bought. Wanted to play this for a while now.

Hi,

I'm one of Bound's devs. For all who were asking about it. I don't want to directly convince you to get it, but I'll give you two hints:

1. You can try the demo and decide if you like the setting. It's a narrative game, so it may not be for everyone.

2. For other opinions please ask at PSVR topics like here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1292822&page=396

or reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSVR/

PSVR owners really enjoy the game.

Thanks!

hey! really enjoyed bound! even without psvr! thanks, & best wishes! :) ...

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Super Stardust HD got a PS4 port??
Huh, may have to pick it up...

It also has a VR add-on. If you buy the new VR mode then you can play the regular game in VR, too.

Velcro Fly

GoW3 remaster worth it if I already own the PS3 version? Only got to the first boss or two in it before I stopped playing.

Top Bottom