• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN possibly hacked by OurMine; Megahurtz stolen, Uncharted downgradeton

Well considering the thread title still says PSN and the OP isn't updated what kind of question did you expect?

yup and tbh any time someone sees sony and anything relating to a hack/DDOS etc. people have terrible memories of PSN being down for months and thus the freak outs commence

Sony's got the absolute worst security, you almost wouldn't think they're doing the best of the big three at the moment.

From the incredibly inconsistent DDOS protection they use, to their two-factor authentication using text messages rather than an actual authenticator...

Edit: I guess this is irrelevant though, considering this was their Twitter that hacked. Oh well

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Jesus christ I put my ATM code into a locker at work and it get stolen on teh twitter thanks sony

Ponn

Banned
Sony's got the absolute worst security, you almost wouldn't think they're doing the best of the big three at the moment.

From the incredibly inconsistent DDOS protection they use, to their two-factor authentication using text messages rather than an actual authenticator...

Edit: I guess this is irrelevant though, considering this was their Twitter that hacked. Oh well

You were able to get your rant in and thats whats most important.

Demoskinos

Yeah, I'm not going to be worried about this until we get an official statement from sony on this if there is an actual leak.

BRB, closing all my bank accounts and converting my money in to gold bars to store under the floorboards of my house because a video game social media account in Brazil was compromised.

Neith

Banned
What is wrong with you?

No shit, no one wants anything to happen to PSN accounts that is a SANE person. Jesus. I have 150 bucks in mine right now. And to hell with that two or three weeks to fix kind of thing.

BRB, closing all my bank accounts and converting my money in to gold bars to store under the floorboards of my house because a video game social media account in Brazil was compromised.

Same. Bro do you have a portable reverse osmosis water changer? Let's go hunting.

What I still never understand about hackers etc. is why did they always go after the Average Joe if they get access to accounts. Other than being assholes I do not see what they truly hope to gain except stealing some money here and there.

But what if your house gets stolen? What then?

tenor.gif

Kyrios

Just so happens I have a very specific floor cleaning/removal service incase of panic due to Latin American social media account breaches.

Glad to help when you're not home!

Kayant

Also Sony failed to protect the children I think they all deserve a copy of crash bandicoot.
Yes. But that wasn't my point. We don't need to be condescending towards people who are concerned. We don't ACTUALLY know what all was compromised we are just assuming it was their social media accounts.
It's ourmine so it's not going to be anything more than that. That has been their MO since forever.

Rflagg

Jesus christ I put my ATM code into a locker at work and it get stolen on teh twitter thanks sony

When will they learn? :(

I am glad this appears to be nothing even though I took my card off everything years ago and I will likely change my password sometime tomorrow since it has been awhile

Bishop89

At work so can't read through all the pages.

Please summarise for me.

Is my psn account hacked or not?
What did get hacked and should I change my pw for it?

So, twitter account was compromised for sure (already fixed) but the legitimacy of the tweets / what they said is to be determined still I take it?

Top Bottom