• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN possibly hacked by OurMine; Megahurtz stolen, Uncharted downgradeton

J4g3r

I hope they don't share any data, I don't want people to know that I bought DOA Extreme 3.

3oq4OuT.gif

MisterR

Like seriously, are some of you new to the Internet? Corporate social media accounts get compromised everyday. @XboxSupport getting compromised was no reflection of the security of Microsoft accounts either. Until there's evidence otherwise, chill the hell out.

Mostly just console warriors trying to get their shots in while they can.

How does 2FA work with recurring charges for something like Playstation Vue?

I'm making a payment, but not logging on, so will I get a text or something to respond to when they want to charge my credit card?

Espada

And this is why I removed my credit card details (among other things) from my PSN account. My goodness, Sony really needs to fix their security situation.

Capella

I'm making a payment, but not logging on, so will I get a text or something to respond to when they want to charge my credit card?

2FA is only another layer to prevent someone else from just logging into your account if they have your password. It doesn't have any effect on billing or anything like that. If you have recurring charges then it will work like it usually does and you'll probably get an email when you get charged.

Persona7

Banned

It auto charges every month with Vue. I set it up a few months ago and its all automatic.

zephry

Hmm junior member.... And your avatar.... Kind of suspicious.

No PSN is fine. Most likely twitter hack.

What does my poster rank and avatar have to do with anything???

It wasn't accessible for me when the twitter thing was happening. It's accessible for me now however.

Koh

Oh, I'm so scared. Why didn't Sony build better security into their Twitter and Facebook accounts?!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!

Yjynx

What does my poster rank and avatar do with anything???

It wasn't accessible for me when the twitter thing was happening. It's accessible for me now however.
well my apologies then. Your avatar remind me of one of those "hack group". Can't really remember what they called themselves were...

Dabanton

Well hopefully this isn't a PSN hack but I'm thankful that Sony website seems to not want me to use my credit card.

Just use digital codes.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I'll eat my hat if PSN and PlayStation's social media accounts are connected in any way.

Ozigizo

It's a Twitter hack. Our mine has been doing this for months on Twitter.

This is more Twitter's security being shit.

Top Bottom