• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Sale of the Dead [US] Week 1 - Dead Rising 1-2-OTR, RE 4/5/6, Walking Dead

Rukes

The front page still gets no respect
Capcom really doesn't seem to want to discount "Ultimate Ghosts & Goblins" PSP ever :/

Zimmy68

Well damn

I own Re4 on:
GC
Wii
PS3
PC

And I'm STILL hovering over the buy button. Why????

I'm with you. I was almost grateful that they asked $20 for it so I could avoid it.
Now it has hit my buy price.

I'm holding off since it doesn't provide anything over the PS3 version except 1080p.
The thought of going through the chainsaw village with a pee shooter after unlocking everything in other versions doesn't seem appealing to me.

Fisty

I'm with you. I was almost grateful that they asked $20 for it so I could avoid it.
Now it has hit my buy price.

I'm holding off since it doesn't provide anything over the PS3 version except 1080p.The thought of going through the chainsaw village with a pee shooter after unlocking everything in other versions doesn't seem appealing to me.

Bruh 60 frames

Blindy

I have TWD S1, the DLC and TWS S2 for PS3 but am interested in TWD Michonne for the PS4, has Telltale made any system to transfer PS3 save data over to the PS4? Might make my decision for what system to get this game n.

Bought DR1, never played it so I figured this would be an alright port to go in on. Did they ever fix that frame drop when you hit a zombie?

Man, I was really hoping the Legacy of Kain series would go on sale.

Bought DR1, never played it so I figured this would be an alright port to go in on. Did they ever fix that frame drop when you hit a zombie?

It's not a frame drop, it's a "feature" called hit-stop. Usually the blunt weapons in the game are the ones that cause the effect, I believe.

You can buy it on pstv store and install, but it shows up as incompatible when you try to start. Never got fixed in the US.
Ugh there's no workaround for this? I accidentally bought it a while back thinking it was a PS3 game and when I found out it was PSP I was at least somewhat relieved by the fact that I have the PSTV and could play it there. That sucks that it's pretty much a worthless download.

MrDaravon

Tempted to get Harmony of Despair, I recall the game being met with a pretty lukewarm reception but I played a decent amount of it back at launch on 360.

Krammy

How's the replayability of Resident Evil 6 compared to Resident Evil 5?

I enjoyed going back and playing Resident Evil 5 a bunch of times (getting all the jewels), and I've never played Resident Evil 6. I heard Resident Evil 5 had a worse conversion for couch co-op on PS4 though, running at 30fps while Resident Evil 6's co-op runs at 60fps. Because of those two reasons, I'm hovering on Resident Evil 6 over Resident Evil 5.

Could really use some quick advice on this.

EDIT: Looking around, it seems like the replayability sucks. Now I have to choose between low replayability or a shoddy couch co-op experience. Grrreat.

JayEH

I enjoyed going back and playing Resident Evil 5 a bunch of times (getting all the jewels), and I've never played Resident Evil 6. I heard Resident Evil 5 had a worse conversion for couch co-op on PS4 though, running at 30fps while Resident Evil 6's co-op runs at 60fps. Because of those two reasons, I'm hovering on Resident Evil 6 over Resident Evil 5.

6 has a good chapter select menu if you just want to get all collectibles and such.

So has the opinion on Lords of Shadows 2 changed at all over the years since release? I loved the first game but the overall negative vibe at release kept me away. I've almost bit a couple of times recently but I have so many unfinished games I've been hesitant. I have really been getting a Castlevania urge lately though so I'm thinking of biting at the $15.99. Is the game really THAT bad?

The worst sale in some time. For a Halloween themed sale it's terribly lacking in content. There's plenty of stuff that would fit in this sale like Undead Nightmare, Demon's/Dark Souls, Devil May Cry, Dead Island, Bayonetta should be there, etc. I mean damn Sony, your Halloween sale last year was pretty fantastic and this year it's like you just slapped a banner up there and called a day. Whatevs.

robotrock

Banned
The worst sale in some time. For a Halloween themed sale it's terribly lacking in content. There's plenty of stuff that would fit in this sale like Undead Nightmare, Demon's/Dark Souls, Devil May Cry, Dead Island, Bayonetta should be there, etc. I mean damn Sony, your Halloween sale last year was pretty fantastic and this year it's like you just slapped a banner up there and called a day. Whatevs.

Please look forward to Week 2. That's all I can say.

EDIT: Looking around, it seems like the replayability sucks. Now I have to choose between low replayability or a shoddy couch co-op experience. Grrreat.

The replay value sucks only in the sense that it's a terrible game. There's chapter select plus you can play as either character in each chapter for some different perspectives. Again, the game itself isn't very good coming off of RE5.

Gonna hold you to that. Give me my DMC HD Collection on sale pretty please kthxbye!

firelogic

But week 2 isn't even halloween. It's in November. What kind of a "Sale of the Dead" takes place in November? Poor planning on Sony's part. They shouldn't have done that Bethesda/SquareEnix sale last week.

Alucrid

Banned
i bought asemblance because i remember hearing a few people say good things about it. i was enjoying it until trying to get one specific ending. after looking it up online the requirements are so pinpoint specific that it's been impossible for me to do despite numerous attempts. pretty sour note to end on and wouldn't recommend anyone else getting it if you care about seeing the whole thing.

netguy503

So has the opinion on Lords of Shadows 2 changed at all over the years since release? I loved the first game but the overall negative vibe at release kept me away. I've almost bit a couple of times recently but I have so many unfinished games I've been hesitant. I have really been getting a Castlevania urge lately though so I'm thinking of biting at the $15.99. Is the game really THAT bad?

The game is on sale at Best Buy this week for $5. So NO, $16 isn't a good deal. Especially for that game.

2cool

Banned
Why even make it a 2 week sale.. When the first week is so crappy?

And in my memory the week 2 of 2 week sales has never been any good anyways.

People want to buy games and they put just small 20% discounts up and games that have been discounted 50 times already. Whoever does this job at Sony does a bad job.

Just got the RE 3-pack. Seeing as I haven't played RE 5 for more than an hour, never played 6, and haven't played through 4 since the GC launch these will be very fresh experiences for me. I'm satisfied, and it's nice to have these in a folder alongside RE1 and Zero.

I had no idea RE4 was 60fps till reading this thread. Can't wait!

J_Viper

So I got the Steam edition of RE4 from a friend, but it looks kinda...bad. Some of the textures look as if they were lifted right from the PS2.

Does the PS4 version look any better?

I'm in for Oxenfree BIG time. I've been waiting for the right price.

And I so want to get RE4, as I've never played it. I can wait, though, as I really don't want to pile any more games onto my backlog than necessary. My 2016 New Year's Resolution is to work through my backlog and I've been doing quite well at it!

And I'd love to get the Dead Rising games, but I've played them to death and I don't necessarily have the time right now (and see above).

Did I mention I am absolutely getting Oxenfree?! I've been hyped to play it for some time, but just could never justify the $20 for it.

Is Poltergeist: Pixelated Horror just kind of like a "pixel version" of the Genesis game Haunted?
For the love of all that is undead, someone please answer this man. I absolutely adore Haunted and would love to play a spiritual successor.

To this day, I think I'm the only one on this board who has been curious about HOW 2 SURVIVE.

I played it briefly on PS3, but flipped my shit when I found out the servers were region-locked and couldn't play with my friend.

Top Bottom