• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN thread: PSN up in all areas except HK/Korea (Store is not up yet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Killthee said:
Sorry if old, but it looks like the JP site was updated yesterday:

Google translation:

Japan going live first?
There is no news in this post.
Machine translations are bad.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Aeana said:
There is no news in this post.
Machine translations are bad.

You can translate it for those of us that don't speak moonrunes?

Called it!

It's Day 22 I believe

4/20 is when the service was taken down. 4/16 is when the service was having issues/servers were rebooting/attack started.

Today is 4/12-13/11.

Plasmid

Plasmid said:
This is worth the 249.99 purchase of a ps3.

Happy to see PSN going back up soon (maybe) gotta get my infamous for 9.99 time!

Also please don't kill me but what's the possibility of this happening again? Has sony really beefed up their security to prevent this?

repostin for new page

Aeana

TheSeks said:
You can translate it for those of us that don't speak moonrunes?

Called it!

4/20 is when the service was taken down. 4/16 is when the service was having issues/servers were rebooting/attack started.

Today is 4/12-13/11.
It just says that they've made progress with the security and they'll be reinstating the service in each region gradually as soon as they are able to guarantee security for each customer.

In other words, o<

TheSeks

Aeana said:
It just says that they've made progress with the security and they'll be reinstating the service in each region gradually as soon as they are able to guarantee security for each customer.

Wow, so Japan takes... days to post what SCEA did. :lol

So guys, any word on refunds for people who have MLB TV on the PSN?

We know about the Playstation Plus people (like me) getting an extension for a few weeks free, but what about the MLB.tv people (like my friend) who is miffed that he has missed so many games already, and where an extension wouldn't work?

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
Mr. E. Yis said:

We know about the Playstation Plus people (like me) getting an extension for a few weeks free, but what about the MLB.tv people (like my friend) who is miffed that he has missed so many games already, and where an extension wouldn't work?

Doesnt a MLBTV subscription apply to both a PS3 and PC at the same time?

Mr. E. Yis said:

I sincerely doubt Sony will do anything about the MLB TV as it'sa 3rd party app that could also be used from a computer.
I'm sure PSN Plus peoples will get an uber bonus from all this.

Whogie

Plasmid said:
Also please don't kill me but what's the possibility of this happening again? Has sony really beefed up their security to prevent this?
They wouldn't be down so long if security didn't end up a little bit better. They're giving away services and games for this, they don't want to see it happen again.

TheSeks

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5477-WPJM-9388#existingsteamacc said:
Steam achievements are earned in lockstep with PSN Trophies: earning a PSN Trophy while logged in to a Steam account will award you the corresponding Steam Achievement once you have linked your PSN and Steam accounts. Achievements earned in Windows or OSX do not unlock PSN Trophies.

So... wait... you can earn Steam achievements even with PSN down right now provided you link the accounts later? Am I reading that right? Is that right? o___O

Plasmid

Whogie said:
They wouldn't be down so long if security didn't end up a little bit better. They're giving away services and games for this, they don't want to see it happen again.

I realize this, but it just seems after the first attack was so simple i'd wonder what could be done to prevent it.

I'm happy to see it coming back up though!

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
TheSeks said:
How do you make sense of that out of the poor Google translation. For all we know, it's the same "Service is currently under testing and we're nearly finished. Service should be back soon (haha, fat chance)" non-news posting SCEA has been doing.
I'm bored and grasping at straws at this point ^_^;

Mr. E. Yis said:

The only other subscription extensions that have been mentioned are for SOE MMO's and Hulu (credit for 1 free week). No word on Netflix or MLB.tv, but frankly I doubt they'll offer anything for them because you can watch their content on other devices and Sony isn't directly tied to them. It'll be up to Netflix/the MLB to hand out free credit for the downtime like Hulu did.

Arsenic

Plasmid said:
Just know nothing is guaranteed but im sure Sony is hoping for the best. They've most likely installed better detection systems or a team of analysts who can keep on top of certain activity. Im making stuff up

TheSeks said:
So... wait... you can earn Steam achievements even with PSN down right now provided you link the accounts later? Am I reading that right? Is that right? o___O

I'd like a definitive answer on this as well...
It's one of the reasons I haven't touched portal 2.

TheSeks

corrosivefrost said:
I'd like a definitive answer on this as well...
It's one of the reasons I haven't touched portal 2.

The "once you have" is what's throwing me off. We know that linking the accounts is what will make it "lockstep" earn between the two services. But if we can't do that right now, do we earn them both later once we link? D: Vague responses.

darkwing

TheSeks said:

from what i understand, you have to be logged into Steam when you get the Trophy at that moment

TheSeks

darkwing said:
from what i understand, you have to be logged into Steam when you get the Trophy at that moment

That's what we know. But the knowledge base article I linked says kinda different. I really do wish Valve would make a response about the downtime and let people know somethings (like this) about it. :/

darkwing

TheSeks said:
That's what we know. But the knowledge base article I linked says kinda different. I really do wish Valve would make a response about the downtime and let people know somethings (like this) about it. :/

nah from that KB article, it looks like it just says you have to link the Steam/PSN id first to get both achievements/trophies, from what I understand reading that one

QuantumBro said:
I sincerely doubt Sony will do anything about the MLB TV as it'sa 3rd party app that could also be used from a computer.
I'm sure PSN Plus peoples will get an uber bonus from all this.

All right then. He just likes watching the MLB games on his big screen, and hates having to keep his laptop running while it's connected with VGA.

TheSeks said:

It makes sense that if you linked the accounts before PSN went down that when PSN comes back up and you log in to PSN/Steam on your PS3 that the trophies/achievements should sync... but if you sync afterwards, I don't think it will work...

Same way that if you redeem your PC copy and earn the Steam achievements there, you won't ever be credited the PS3 trophies, I guess... so I think you have to at least have it linked, if not be signed in for it to work, unfortunately... and I don't want PSN to come up when I'm halfway through the game so I end up with 1/2 the trophy set on Steam... that would make my OCD scream in rage.

darkwing

corrosivefrost said:
It makes sense that if you linked the accounts before PSN went down that when PSN comes back up and you log in to PSN/Steam on your PS3 that the trophies/achievements should sync... but if you sync afterwards, I don't think it will work...

Same way that if you redeem your PC copy and earn the Steam achievements there, you won't ever be credited the PS3 trophies, I guess... so I think you have to at least have it linked, if not be signed in for it to work, unfortunately... and I don't want PSN to come up when I'm halfway through the game so I end up with 1/2 the trophy set on Steam... that would make my OCD scream in rage.

lol that is why i really haven't played Portal 2 yet

paparazzo

Lolol again they're using "a few more days" after they just said that for the 18th time on Tuesday? Luckily I've been busy with school so this hasn't really affected me but this has gotten ridiculous. Stick to your timeline or don't mention one at all.

TheSeks said:

It says you have to be logged into Steam.

To me it's saying you have to be logged into Steam and also have linked your accounts in order to get it.

The Skater said:
Lolol again they're using "a few more days" after they just said that for the 18th time on Tuesday? Luckily I've been busy with school so this hasn't really affected me but this has gotten ridiculous. Stick to your timeline or don't mention one at all.
People have made it clear that isn't acceptable. They were already bitched at by tons of people for not saying what happened until they knew and there are constant demands for updates (and constant bitching about updating with no new info). Everyone seemed to want a timeline that fairly undefined to begin with.

Plasmid

I had portal 2 and my steam account connected to my PSN, but i never connected portal 2 to my steam (redeemed it). I have 0 achievements on steam for portal 2.

Does this help at all?

watership

My favourite business mag posted this today.

Sony: The Company That Kicked the Hornet's Nest
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/11_21/b4229035889849.htm

Their choice of an image will haunt my dreams though...

1121_mz_35tech_hackers.jpg

TheSeks

Plasmid said:
I had portal 2 and my steam account connected to my PSN, but i never connected portal 2 to my steam (redeemed it). I have 0 achievements on steam for portal 2.

Does this help at all?

Huh? You synched your PSN+Steam accounts together, but haven't redeemed the Portal 2 PC code. Because PSN is down, obviously the PSN trophies you earned aren't going to be linked via the Steam overlay.

What I'm asking is: For those of that aren't synced, will they sync up once we do link accounts. From what your saying (and I'm guessing): No. You need to be online/PSN and earning the achievement at the same time. Lame. :/

TheSeks said:
Huh? You synched your PSN+Steam accounts together, but haven't redeemed the Portal 2 PC code. Because PSN is down, obviously the PSN trophies you earned aren't going to be linked via the Steam overlay.

What I'm asking is: For those of that aren't synced, will they sync up once we do link accounts. From what your saying (and I'm guessing): No. You need to be online/PSN and earning the achievement at the same time. Lame. :/
Yeah, I fear I am screwed here. I broke down and played SP during the downtime. Not a big deal, and with Valve involved, I'm not too worried. I believe they can fix it. Believe!

Great game

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
okenny said:
For being new hardware, both Kinect Sports and Dance Central are showing promise for First and Third party titles. I can't say how much time Kinect has given the twilight of this generation is approaching but I honestly believe that developers who can focus on making dedicated experiences that really cater to the Kinect audience have a chance of making a healthy profit.

I can't wait to see what The Gunstringer and Child of Eden will do. They can hopefully prove the viability of Kinect titles in the download place and that perhaps some gaming experiences are superior in this format.

Is this in the wrong thread?
Edit: Oh lol, nvm, didnt bother to scroll up.
Edit2: Okay, no... I'm just tired. Why is this in this thread?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
watership said:
I refuse to take this further!

You need a Geoball to catch a Geohot.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
chubigans said:
chubigans uses Pressure!
Geohot has fled to South America!
It's Super Effective!

Sony Used a Geoball
but&#65279; it failed
Sony Used a Geoball
but&#65279; it failed
Sony Used a Geoball
but&#65279; it failed

okenny

Banned
Chanser said:
No pokeball can capture that wild Geohot.

Maybe you haven't poked the right balls. Every (and I mean ALL as in the entire human race) man has his price!

Its funny really because remembering Anon's original statement and reading that headline makes it sounds like Sony anally raped Geohot. Maybe Nintendo can play up the angle they only want to poke Mr. Hotz balls and not "stick it" as a way to play to the hacker base which I'm sure are all just waiting for a reason to buy the 3DS.

Many problems have been solved here :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom