• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSO Blue Burst Beta Client

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I can't remember when I registered if I had to give any credit card info. Am I gonna be automatically charged for this when the beta ends? Or is this game "going retail"
as you guys say meaning that it's going to be sold in stores and you are picking it up soon?

kiryogi

Banned
Final call for the team! Tre and Jayle were already removed to note. Itsuka was promoted to leader and des/dynamite will be staying. Is there anyone else that's still interested? Retail has finally hit just about 8 minutes ago. Servers just went down at around 4pm PST to implement the new stuff, here comes retail!

Sega is proud to announce the launch of Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst. After a month of Open Beta testing, the game will be officially released June 13. Thanks to all the Open Beta testers, we’ve been able to isolate and fix several major server issues as well as a number of compatibility problems and bug fixes. Beta testers have only gotten a sneak peek into what Blue Burst has to offer. Take a look at some of the new content coming your way:

* Episode II is coming soon with all new Lab Quests and Difficulty modes.
* Take on any player in Battle Mode for some PvP action.
* Cooperate with friends to tackle Challenge Mode.
* PC-exclusive Episode 4 debuts on U.S. servers featuring new enemies, new environments, and amazing new items.
* Updated Quests and all new GM run events!

GO GO GAF TEAM! PSO HORRAY!

kiryogi

Banned
kiryogi said:
Final call for the team! Tre and Jayle were already removed to note. Itsuka was promoted to leader and des/dynamite will be staying. Is there anyone else that's still interested? Retail has finally hit just about 8 minutes ago. Servers just went down at around 4pm PST to implement the new stuff, here comes retail!

GO GO GAF TEAM! PSO HORRAY!

edit: there seems to be an extra 2 free weeks if you sign up for an license. Trial? in any case let's hear some more call ins!

M3wThr33

Banned
Well, I plunked down my card and got a Hunter's License, so I'm here to stay, but haven't played recently.
So let me join, biznatches!

Koshiba

I honestly never played PSO before but I might go ahead and check out Blue Burst. :) Once I get faster internet again at least..

kiryogi

Banned
Nope, they just reset the the current count. We still have around 65+ team points overall. See me or Itsuka tonight post 9pm PST if youd like to join the team.

Char name: Kyori

edit: Also to note, Vhard will be added this Thursday, and episode 4 will be around june 23rd :O

Swordian

M3wThr33 said:
Might be crazy, but it seems a bit unstable for me. Now, my connection is bad, but nothing else was having issues.

I was having trouble at the same time as you. I think it was Sega's fault.

teiresias

Wait, is this beta still going on, I thought it was over by now? If not I'll probably hop on a play a little bit tonight after getting home from work. I haven't played in a while since I've been so busy.

Swordian

teiresias said:
Wait, is this beta still going on, I thought it was over by now? If not I'll probably hop on a play a little bit tonight after getting home from work. I haven't played in a while since I've been so busy.

The beta ended on Monday.

kiryogi

Banned
For sake of retail, let's have a rollcall on whos currently on Team GAF!

Kyori
Itsuka
Desade
Dynamite-Jin
Kyomi
Mew 1/3?
Eugene (Will be back around ep4 and has been the team's biggest contributor)
Hypaacore
Celeste

Look out for these folk around Tethys block 6.

kiryogi

Banned
Some captivating pics of ep2! Althoguh not that detailed or complex, the scenary is still quite something to behold today.

psojungle.jpg

psojungle2.jpg

psojungle3.jpg

psojungle4.jpg

psojungle5.jpg

Koshiba

Aww. I can't wait to play! :) But I probably won't start it until some of my other friends have the time to start playing too. I don't like playing MMO's without friends. Lol.

desa

Almost ten days and no one made a post? Well here's an image of me and Kyomi in episode 4.

So I played for about 4 hours and have not gained one level due to my numerous amounts of deaths courtesy of this mofo:

and also those boxing praying mantis and god damn birds.

Screw you episode four! I lost about 40k of xp. Might be more.

Happy hunting!

Yeah, I've only stuck to Hard so far on Ep 4. It's nice to see a mini-boss type enemy though. I'm not really playing Ep 4 until they fix the stupid rares glitch (can't pick up rares, you just disconnect when you try).

Koshiba

I finally got myself an account. My character name is Koshiba.. So if anyone wants to help out a newb, message me? :) It'd be nice to have some people to play with.

kiryogi

Banned
Yeah! Talk about silly dead in this thread!! Well here's some ep4 pics from me, but the exterior of crater is really nothing visually special to look at. The mobs are a total blast for a Partisan whore like me tho.

Also on another note, we still have one more spot on team GA! Get in contact with me (Kyori), Kyomi or Itsuka if you want to join!

We got Del rappies!, Dorphons (Note my expression of whoa, those things are a complete pain), and great draw distance. The maps so far in ep4 are huge compared to anything previously.

edit: dynamite, they fixed it.

psoep41.jpg

pso42.jpg

pso43.jpg

pso44.jpg

pso45.jpg

edit; Koshiba, look for the GA crew on the Tethys ship, block 6.

Koshiba

I've been on Tethys block 6 several times but it's always empty. =( I usually join the more populated servers so I can try and meet new people.

kiryogi

Banned
Koshiba said:
I've been on Tethys block 6 several times but it's always empty. =( I usually join the more populated servers so I can try and meet new people.

Really? about what time? I'm usually on around 10+ PM PST.

Koshiba

kiryogi said:
Really? about what time? I'm usually on around 10+ PM PST.

I get on rather randomly recently since I've been a bit busy with some things so I guess it'd be a hit or miss. :p Plus I'm pretty low level at the moment since I'm a PSO newb and haven't had as much time to play but soon I should have more time to play. Just got to get things settled down in my personal life and then all that time can go towards PSO. xP

Cimarron

I just download Blue Burst. I'm going to be starting up a HUcaseal and a FOnewearl does anyone want to set up a time so that we can party together? Please....

Swordian

Cimarron said:
I just download Blue Burst. I'm going to be starting up a HUcaseal and a FOnewearl does anyone want to set up a time so that we can party together? Please....

I've been stuck on hour-limited dial-up for the last three weeks and will be for 2 weeks more. So, I'm normally on a little in the morning and a little in the evening. My normal character is a HUcaseal named Kyomi and if you see me I can add you to team GAF since I think we have one slot left.

So, where has everybody been? We now have all of Ep4 and Ultimate and I haven't seen anybody on or seen anybody registering rares.

DumbNameD

I thought I would return to Blue Burst sooner, but now I'm back and ready to go! I'll be on Tethys-6 as Eugene, and if it's passworded, the pass is usually gaf. And I could do to clear out some bank space, so if anybody wants stuff (mostly low-level gear, slot units, etc), find me.

DumbNameD

Cimarron said:
Tethys-6 is this the GAF meeting place.
Would be, as far as I know. Except there's hardly anybody from the group on besides the occasional pop-in from Hypaacore and Kyomi(Swordian). What's your character's name? I'll trade guild cards with you if you want.

Hey everyone i'm gonna become a slave to PSO again lol. I'm not complaining its always been my favorite online RPG. Anyway does anyone still play? i guess even if you guys don't i'm still gonna play, but just wondering

Top Bottom