• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSO Blue Burst Beta Client

desa

Damn you guys played all last night. I finished 2.3 last night with Kiroyi and Izumi. So I'm still way behind from you guys. I was gonna play catch up as soon as I got out of classes but stupid sega.

Hahah, I did and it was a success with about a min left on the clock...but my virus scanner popped up before I got a chance to go to the principal. I had fullscreen on so it booted me off and I had to start over again, with Kiroyi and Izumi.

2-3 was fun... I soloed it. Got real lucky- my mag got 100% right at the end and I defeated the last Pan Arm with 2 seconds left on the clock.

I don't see why you're being so critical of SEGA on the Ep2/Hard+ thing yet. It's a beta that's not fully-featured yet. It'll come in the future.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So what's on the beta? Is it just the levels from Episode 1? Not sure if I want to go through them again for the umpteenth time. :)

Is anything new in this beta?

No... but I still think that Sega's just working on implementing the new content, not just holding it back.

The wording you get when you attempt to make an invalid room like that is "Function not available at this time".

Alex

My only complaint is how sloppily they've handled this "beta". The content can wait, it's not like I haven't seen it before.

One nice thing I keep hearing though, is that beta characters won't be wiped at release for folks who intend to subscribe.

Also; yay, I got a new error message for once. Server under maintence. At least it's correct now.

kiryogi

Banned
Alex, the limit can be expanded to 20-30 members by purchasing expansions. For that we need team points! Which are recieved from registering rares you don't want.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
You guys should TOTALLY play this on Xbox Live, I mean it has voice chat and a green DVD case! Plus I hear Episode IV is totally overrated and stoopid. Besides, $3.95/month is a steal just to be able to play with me!

Alex

Kir: rox, you're gonna stick with this for awhile through retail, right?

Folken: Get a new video card. :p Mission based play and guild system rox. Plus they susposedly, yknow, SUPPORT this one.

Man, I'll send you my old Geforce 4 if you want. Not like this takes much to run, just don't go back to the Xbox version and have to deal with the people drawing dicks in the lobby chat. Man, that's just pitiful.

kiryogi

Banned
Brandon F said:
You guys should TOTALLY play this on Xbox Live, I mean it has voice chat and a green DVD case! Plus I hear Episode IV is totally overrated and stoopid. Besides, $3.95/month is a steal just to be able to play with me!

I hear voice chat is one of the reasons not to play it :eek:

Alex: Maybe, but here's hoping lots of folks stick to it afterwards. If the attach rate is high you can count me in for sure, but it's already addicting as is, another month or two in the next few wouldnt hurt.

Brandon F

I'm gonna do a format and clean install this weekend, see if that changes anything. I have a feeling it's software related and not the card itself...I pray it is.

desa

After checking out that PSU thread (man that game looks awesome! new screens and two short clips of them, and hands on impressions), I need my pso fix now! Dammit hurry sega and resolve this issue at once!

BioFan

Brandon F said:

wait it is $3.95/mth now???I remembered it was $8.95...I'm in if they lowered the monthly fee :)

M3wThr33

Banned
They've isolated th L200 bug, but are still having server troubles.
Game Server is
image.php

Patch Server is
image.php

Swordian

Ok, I just finished soloing for a bit to get back into the swing of things. I've been hanging around Tethys, Block 6 and I've seen a couple GAF teams, but they're locked. Can we set up specific name/pass so people can join late if spots are open?

My current character is a HUcaseal named Kyomi.

Alex

This beta is wrecking my sleep habits. Sorry I dropped like that, Des. Internet clipped out. I'll be on later tonight

teiresias

I'm playing, but have yet to unlock anything past the forest, I forgot what the requirements were. I've also been into the Tethys/Block 6 area and seen a few GAF games, played with Oni Links once for a while.

I generally just hate dropping into people's games unannounced. If we set up a fixed time for later tonight (it's currently 2:15pm EST here in VA) maybe we can set one up.

My name is Teiresias and if I make a game for myself I generally just name it Teiresias, haha.

Alex

I hit 30 and entirely beat all the current beta content, so Im not grinding any further. I'll probably just just help folks at make a new character soon.

We always play in Tethys block 6. Seems to be lots of scattered GA folks. We have a team, but it only holds 10 people currently (and is full) due to the fact that we can't get any Rares stuck in normal.

Alex

To hell with that, Tre. You'll never catch me! NEVER.

In all seriousness though, being a force is fuckin' hard. It's like... trying to buy three thanksgiving-esque meals a day on foodstamps hard. My level eight Force is burning through my level thirty two Hunter's cash reserves, it's nuts.

Des: help me finish 4.4 later. I never wrapped it up.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I played exclusively as a force in the Cube game. I didn't find it to be particularly tough. Is this version totally rebalanced, or something?

I'm a lvl 21 Hunter at the moment and I just finished 2-3. My tag is DynamiteJ. I usually name my games Dynamite or DynamiteGAF, so drop on in. I'm new to the game too. It's been a lot of fun so far and I'll pay for it when the beta is over. :)

teiresias

OK, I give up, is it impossible to get past the Forest unless you're in a group? I've beaten it on normal, and it won't let me start a hard game, giving me the "content not available" BS, this is the most retarded beta I've ever played quite possibly.

You have to go to the principal's office and do all the quests. The game progresses differently than the console versions. There's 3 quests for Forest.

Brandon F

Got a level 8 Ranger named Folken.

Sorry I wasn't so chatty when we played Alex, had a long night and sorta got a headache. Just really happy my PC is stable again. Thanks for the heads-up on the quest rewards, my boobery knows no limits.

Alex

Folken, you going back on tonight? Any other folks looking to play a lower level character or an alt?

desa

Yea, I'll help you Alex. This will be my what, sixth time whoopin Falz ass. Come on sega open up the rest of the content!

desa

Got this over at the official PSOBB boards. All answered by a mod working at Sega. Credits to teknolaiz.

General Game Related Questions

1. Will there be a wipe at the end of beta?
Clumsyorchid: There will not be a character wipe when beta ends.

2. Just wondering, is it possible to play PSO offline? I know the characters are server-side, but was just wondering if you could play offline with a new set of characters or something.
Clumsyorchid:pSO Blue Burst is online only, this applies to the full release as well as Beta.

3.Lobbys are not moderated!
Clumsyorchid:It's important for people on the boards to send us information of these users in game. I cannot be on every block in every ship. If no one informs us of a problem and we don't see it ourselves, it's likely to not get addressed. Send in forms describing exactly what is happening online and grab the user's number while you are at it. The number can be found by pressing "Tab" while in game.

4.How do you take in game screenshots?
Clumsyorchid: Use the Print Screen button, it will capture screens and save them to the BMP forlder within your install directory.

5.What countries can sign up for PSOBB?
Clumsyorchid:Just check out the Billing site, the country drop down menu is quite extensive. All players are welcome.

6. How can I register a account to play?
Clumsyorchid: You can click the "Official billing Site" link within the client before starting the game.
(Or go to https://billing.playsega.com/protected/securityCheck)

7. How do I get started? I'm confused!
Clumsyorchid: Please read through the Begin the Adventure section of the website:http://www.psobb.com/guide/advpre/chara.php
this will answer most of your questions about PSO Blue Burst.

8. How do i set the 10 hotkey commands at the bottom?
Clumsyorchid: While in game, not in a lobby, press "home", select "Customize", select any action, in the Action List use buttons 1-0 to assign actions to the hotkey bar.

9.How big is the client?
Clumsy Orchid: The installer is around 500megs

10. Are US and EU servers linked?
Clumsyorchid: Servers are linked, EU and US. On registering a GameID, make sure you add your correct territory.

11.Who and where do I get in contact when I have a problem in game? (glitches, exploits etc)
Clumsyorchid: Please refer to the following link for more information, this has already been outlined in the website: http://www.psobb.com/support/inquiry/index.php

12. I've beat the dragon, but caves didn't unlock! Whats the deal?
Momonpso:You just need to finish the government quests for forest to unlock caves. Thats all, very simple. (You can access government quests through the principal)

13. What are photon drops for?
Momonpso: Photon drops can be used later on to trade for items like add slots. You will also be able to add % to a weapon.

14. Is it possible to find mags as drops or in boxes?
Momonpso:Extra baby mags can be found just about any where in mines. I have also seen the caves boss drop them.

I want hard and/or episode 2 now (for free, of course, because I like mooching off of Sega :).

It's been awhile since I played (I played v2 offline before), so I forget- was it possible to get the Double Sabre in normal mode? Or am I just doing all these long ruins runs for nothing?

Swordian

Alex said:
We have a team, but it only holds 10 people currently (and is full) due to the fact that we can't get any Rares stuck in normal.

I have some non-weapon rares. 2 AddSlots, BoombaArm, and a Photon Drop.

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Okay? There wont be a character wipe...but everyone is still reset to lvl 1 right? The reason im not on the BB beta is because i dont want to have to lose althe stuff i found. I wish they went into detail about that

desa

Orin GA said:
Okay? There wont be a character wipe...but everyone is still reset to lvl 1 right? The reason im not on the BB beta is because i dont want to have to lose althe stuff i found. I wish they went into detail about that

I think no character wipe means your character will remain intact. Items and levels and what not. I'm pretty sure of it, I mean what's the point of a no character wipe if they reset you back to level 1 and take away all your items. Besides name reserve? I think they will be intact, although I'm not 100% sure hahha.

Server maintenence right now. Hopefully they are unlocking the other contents. :)

Burning Rangers!!!

Top Bottom