• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSO Blue Burst Beta Client

teiresias

Nightbreeze said:
I don't see how this game is having so many problems already here? I mean it's been out in japan for over a year. They shouldve had the servers ready to meet the demand for it on day 1. This should be no surprise to them.

Seems PSO on PC suffers from the same malady as FFXI on PC - it doesn't conform to traditional (at least by US PC gamer standards) interface models. The graphic options are seriously lacking - where's the ingame option to set Anti-aliasing, nowhere, gotta do it through the video driver control panel - and there is in-game text that is geared to a console controller (one quest partner was giving tutorial-like tips and said - hit the red, blue, or yellow button on your controller - I'm like, "That's great, but I'm not using a DC or GC controller").

At least FFXI managed to avoid any blatantly horrible Engrish, but I've already read a good many cringe-worthy sentences while setting up PSOBB.

Other than that the Ep. 1 content is the good ol' PSO game I remember (with cleaned up edges), though "The Principle" in the game is missing - where'd he go?

Also, am I supposed to not be able to start up Ep. 2 content for the beta? I never played Ep. 2 and was hoping to check some of that stuff out.

Andy787

Banned
Still can't connect to the patch server. Perhaps it's just getting hammered, because it does take like 30 second before it comes back and gives me the "server down/under maintenence" message.

goodcow

Alright, I finally got it to load, but I can't seem to get my Logitech gamepad to work with it... but it does work during the loading screens.

*sigh*

goodcow

So, despite every OTHER game I have being able to differentiate between the two gamepads I have plugged in, and letting me use either one with no problem, BB is defaulting to one gamepad, but letting me use the other one, but only during the loading screens. -_-;

Shouta

There's a fix for the not being able to type thing on the PSO BB boards. Apparently, you need to set it so that Japanese is a possible input language and then in Windowed mode, hit alt+shift to switch to English mode.

goodcow

Shouta said:
There's a fix for the not being able to type thing on the PSO BB boards. Apparently, you need to set it so that Japanese is a possible input language and then in Windowed mode, hit alt+shift to switch to English mode.

Why is Sonic Team so retarded?

Koshiro

Shouta said:
Yes but that's pointless. I've given up with that and just go full screen in Japanese mode, and hit shift to type in english, it's actually quicker.

Andy787

Banned
Ok, well I flushdns'ed, and that got me the patch, but now when it goes to connect to the actual game it comes up with the same thing, can't connect to the server. Tried flushdnsing again, and same thing.

neptunes

Andy787 said:
Ok, well I flushdns'ed, and that got me the patch, but now when it goes to connect to the actual game it comes up with the same thing, can't connect to the server. Tried flushdnsing again, and same thing.

I'm having this same problem. Maybe we should talk on irc?

Nos_G

I'm getting the can't connect to server as well... and that's after you get the current news menu and pressing enter.

bah humbug.

desa

I'm a FOnewearl named Desade. If anyone wants to go questing with me, let me know. I'm on the second cave quest.

Nos_G said:
I'm getting the can't connect to server as well... and that's after you get the current news menu and pressing enter.

bah humbug.

Same here. Keeps giving me the 903 error even though I've patched up and have been successful in entering my account name and password. :\

Alex

Sega claims they're entirely up. This is Sega though, so the fucking things are probably upside down thus reversing the switches position.

bathroom.server.jpg
Alex said:
Sega claims they're entirely up. This is Sega though, so the fucking things are probably upside down thus reversing the switches position.

WordofGod

Banned
Under options I cannot input the resolution setting. :lol what do you need to do to change resolutions? I also cannot input my user name.

Alex

Hey, it's patching! Hooray, hooray, hooray! I just hope I can get through after this is all overwith.

kiryogi said:
Okay ;_; Is there any reason why I can't input my userid/password?

edit: n/m figured it out. go forums!

http://boards.sega.com/psobb/viewtopic.php?t=414 <-- solution here.
In the Regional and Language Options, goto the Languages tab, click Details under Text services and input languages. Add Japanese as an input language. You can also disable the language bar here if you don't want to see it. Start PSO in Windowed mode. Get to the username input box, and press the left Alt and shift keys at the same time. (You can change this keyboard shortcut, but you probably wont have done that) Some Japanese text will appear to the left of the input userID box, and you'll be able to type in your username and password. (Remember, this ONLY works in Windowed mode) If you have save username and password turned on in PSO's options, you'll never have to do this again, and you can then remove Japanese language input from the same place you added it. (Typing in game SHOULD work fine, so if you want to turn off window mode after saving your user/pass, you can)

Unchecking the boxes for extended language support in the Languages tab in the Regional and Languages Options in your Control Panel and rebooting works, as well.

As for not being able to change the resolutions in the options screen at the initial splash menu, I'm not sure... Perhaps your current graphics driver is giving it problems.

Start
>Run
>> ipconfig /flushdns

That was suggested earlier and it worked for me when trying to patch.

Alex

I used a dual shock last night. Worked quite well, can't imagine trying to use the keyboard for this. I'm sure weirdos like Shouta will though. :p

Top Bottom