• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP 3000 street date broken (so's the screen, lol)

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Wow. Looks like I'm gonna be getting a 3000. My launch unit has been giving me problems for over a year now. It has bricked itself twice now (from simply exiting to the XMB from a PSX game or emulator). I'm tired of that and having to Pandora it and starting over is a true PITA. Good to know the 3000 is hackable now.

Gamestop's website is showing that the PSP 3000 black bundle should be on sale. Has anyone picked it up and know if there is any screen improvement?

marwan said:
it was the same box with a label that said "Brighter Screen"....most people wouldn't even pay attention!

plus they only made them in charcoal grey and i think they were a bit limited since they came out towards the end of the GBA life.

EDIT: i guess you're kindda right, though the box change was subtle...

gbaspbrighterbox.jpg

gbasp01.jpg

EDIT 2: the moral of the story, Sony needs to do the same with the PSP-3000 (minus the box modification)

The Ice Blue and Pearl Pink GBA SPs also made it to North American market, and they did populate at least one shelf in the glass cases at the Gamestops I frequented (mall shop if anything).

B.K.

I was at Wal-Mart a few minutes ago and they had the Piano Black Rachet set. I wonder if they've fixed the screen in it.

aerts1js

I'm getting the black PSP 3000 ratchet bundle for Christmas, I'm somewhat worried about the screen but it's probably blown out of proportion

aerts1js said:
I'm getting the black PSP 3000 ratchet bundle for Christmas, I'm somewhat worried about the screen but it's probably blown out of proportion

A friend of mine has one, and I've noticed that 3D games look slightly better. 2D games, on the other hand, look much worse, and that'll likely be the majority of what you'll be playing.

A.R.K

aerts1js said:

I just got the silver 3000 bundle and was really worried that the screen would be crappy after reading about the negatives about it on the internet! But honestly I do not see whats the big fuss about the screen. I have not noticed it much. Unless you are specifically looking for it, at that point you are not playing the game or watching the movie anyways :), you would hardly notice it. So I would say it has been blown way out of proportion.

Just my 2cents.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
abdulrahim said:
I just got the silver 3000 bundle and was really worried that the screen would be crappy after reading about the negatives about it on the internet! But honestly I do not see whats the big fuss about the screen. I have not noticed it much. Unless you are specifically looking for it, at that point you are not playing the game or watching the movie anyways :), you would hardly notice it. So I would say it has been blown way out of proportion.

Just my 2cents.

I think it really depends. I got mine on launch, and thought I was crazy since I noticed the screen wasn't as good. After some research online I found out I wasn't the only one. If you're an AV freak like me, I think you'll definitely notice it.

Top Bottom