• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP PRICE DROP this weekend, how long until other systems follow?

brianmcdoogle said:
how much better is the battery life when playing psn games instead of umd versions?

For me, any UMD version of a game that I was playing tended to load slower and my battery life was fairly poor if I was playing non-stop. When playing a PSN version, load times were cut (at least to me) and I'd get at least an extra hour or two while playing as the system doesn't have to spin the UMD drive.

My rule of thumb is if it's available on PSN and UMD, I'd usually go for the PSN version.

Apath

Benefits of purchasing the PSN version:
  • Always have it ready to play
  • Reduced load times
  • Save battery life
  • Can be played on the NGP

Disadvantages of purchasing the PSN version:
  • Expensive
  • No re-sale
  • Takes up a lot of memory (~1gb per game)

Aru

Kenak said:
Benefits of purchasing the PSN version:
  • Always have it ready to play
  • Reduced load times
  • Save battery life
  • Can be played on the NGP

Disadvantages of purchasing the PSN version:
  • Expensive
  • No re-sale
  • Takes up a lot of memory (Ghosts of Sparta = ~4gb)

Wait what ?
GoS is 4 GB? How is that possible since it's a single UMD game and UMD max capacity is 1.8 GB ? Or did you mean Gb ?

Apath

Aru said:
Wait what ?
GoS is 4 GB? How is that possible since it's a single UMD game and UMD max capacity is 1.8 GB ? Or did you mean Gb ?
Yeah, maybe it is. I'm almost positive it said 4.0gb when it came out... but now MediaGo is saying 1.09. So I'll just write it off as I'm dumb.

angelfly

Truth101 said:
I wonder if I can pick up a used PSP GO for under $70 yet...
Used PSP Go was $99 at GS before so the price drop so will probably be $75-$80 after they adjust it for the price drop.

TxdoHawk

Tempting. I loved my old PSP, but only post-CFW. All systems currently available at retail are on the newest hardware, right? There's not some random bundle or something that's older hardware? I know the new ones have the homebrew workaround and theoretically I could just leave it in sleep mode all the time, but I'm picky like that.

Edit: Count me in for a PS2 price drop, too. I'd rather have a PS3 Slim with hardware BC, but it seems Sony won't oblige. (I'd settle for a PS2 Slim+ with HDMI.)

Top Bottom