• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How Xbox Is Changing the Nature of Exclusivity - IGN

oldergamer

Microsoft isn't changing anything. They'll continue releasing games on rival consoles as they did since they bought Minecraft.
MS have been releasing games on other platforms since the Nintendo DS. They published the Blue Dragon games on that platform. people have been saying they would go third party for 15+ years and they are still wrong about that.

Last edited:

jroc74

Phone reception is more important to me than human rights
Colt has now reached acceptance phase

What a time to be alive....the way this ended 👀

Lets see how long this lasts...unless he heard more and really is in the acceptance phase.

It's just timed exclusivity. Something that has been around for awhile from 3rd parties.

Also they have done this sort of thing in the tv business. You see it right now with HBO etc going back to licensing content to Netflix after it has/had run on their own networks/streaming services.

It's also not much different from what they do with movie releases as well. They release to theatre. Milk all they can. Then it's too home video. BR/DVD/digital rental/purchases. Then it's to the streaming services or in the past it was the premium cable channels. Then it's to cable channels. Now that step might be free tv like FreeVee or PlutoTV. And then it was network tv.
I agree. But this usually happens when a console maker goes 3rd party. Its really not that normal.

I wouldnt be shocked is MS had already planned for alot of Bethesda and ABK to be timed exclusive. But their games not by Bethesda and ABK? This is new territory.

Sea of Thieves will be an eye opening moment.

T-0800

Colt has now reached acceptance phase

Jurassic Park Ian Malcom GIF

Top Bottom