• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Windows Central]Why Xbox customers are right to be angry about Microsoft putting more 'exclusive' games on Nintendo or PlayStation

gokurho

Summary by ChatGPT
The article delves into the dissatisfaction among Xbox customers regarding Microsoft's decision to release more exclusive games on Nintendo or PlayStation, impacting user engagement within the Xbox ecosystem. The author highlights concerns that this strategy could diminish the loyalty and engagement of Xbox users, potentially affecting Microsoft's competitive standing in the gaming platform landscape. The article explores the reasons behind this discontent and emphasizes the importance of maintaining strong user engagement for the success of the Xbox platform.
Bill Gates Smile GIF by Feliks Tomasz Konczakowski

I am not angry🙅‍♂️💍🙆‍♂️

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
All these shill ballwashers and Xbox gamers should have been enraged YEARS ago when Xbox had a chance to reclaim some marketshare. 2015-2016 was the time to be fighting for competent leadership, but what did they chose to do? They chose to fellate the Xbox brand every chance they got. Never putting any real pressure on them and they fed into the lie of...just wait...great things are coming. Xbox had some momentum during that brief period at the beginning of the gen, but they failed to capitalize.

Instead they get Matt Booty when they had Rodd Ferguson who should have headed up the entire first party division.

It’s just too little too late for Xbox. When Starfield failed to move the needle and $349/$149 console prices couldn’t get you an NPD win, they’re done.

Last edited:

acm2000

i dont see them putting the games on playstation but nintendo? sure why not since its a complimentary platform rather than a rival one.

the only people who only own a switch and nothing else are young kids or the hardcore ninty fans so to selectively put games on their makes sense, HiFi Rush for one would be perfect fit.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
i dont see them putting the games on playstation but nintendo? sure why not since its a complimentary platform rather than a rival one.

the only people who only own a switch and nothing else are young kids or the hardcore ninty fans so to selectively put games on their makes sense, HiFi Rush for one would be perfect fit.
You people crack me up. Acting like Nintendo or its fanbase gives even the tiniest of fucks about Xbox gamers.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
I'd like to first see it officially confirmed before we decide what we should be feeling.
That's been my take as well. Obviously if the console dies, to me that would be a catastrophe for anyone who invested in the ecosystem, and would lead to a dark age in gaming and usher in that monopoly everyone was so concerned about for the last 14 months. If it's some multiplayer GAAS stuff, I don't particularly think that's even a bad idea. If it's Hi-Fi Rush or something small for Switch, I honestly don't know if I even mind. I didn't care with Ori or Cuphead. There's multiple layers of nuance to it, and there's just no point wasting energy on it until they explain what they're even doing.

That's been my take as well. Obviously if the console dies, to me that would be a catastrophe for anyone who invested in the ecosystem, and would lead to a dark age in gaming and usher in that monopoly everyone was so concerned about for the last 14 months. If it's some multiplayer GAAS stuff, I don't particularly think that's even a bad idea. If it's Hi-Fi Rush or something small for Switch, I honestly don't know if I even mind. I didn't care with Ori or Cuphead. There's multiple layers of nuance to it, and there's just no point wasting energy on it until they explain what they're even doing.

sounds like something a shill would say

Ar¢tos

Of course they won't put their games on Playstation.

Who would ever want 50m+ potential software buyers when your hardware business is sinking faster than the Titanic?
Pffffftt

Kilau

Microsoft just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Xbox culture (I'm an expert), but exclusives and shilling are huge parts of it. It's not like it is at PlayStation where you can become successful by being woke. If you screw someone over at Xbox you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the Xbox public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase Game Pass for either system, nor will they purchase any of the games on Steam. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Microsoft has alienated an entire market with this move.

Microsoft, publicly apologize and cancel bringing games to other consoles or you can kiss your business goodbye.

SHA

Xbox players don't talk much cause they see games, are busy on beating them, and don't have time to argue or even be surprised about comments pointing strange opinions, but they feel the effort it takes to write them instead of beating games, it's either one of these, can't be both.

DR3AM

Did I miss something? What games are coming out on PS5 and Switch? Just speculation at this point? Nothing official from MS?

Top Bottom