• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Central: Microsoft exploring bringing back catalog to Nintendo and PlayStation

Lol.

But when your dreams of playing Xbox games on your PlayStation gets dashed and laughed out of existence, I'll be there to remind you of this conversation.

Still bizarre to see so many Sony fans wanting Xbox games. Shocking stuff ..lol

Let me ask you a serious question.

What ability do you have to change the future?

From what I'm seeing no matter what you say things will happen like they always meant to. Saying it will happen differently won't make a difference.

This is why it's annoying when people make up information because they believe they can change the future. They simply can't. What will happen will happen. Simple as that.

Edit: Oh look at that banned for making up shit.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Xbox Games are not going to PS.

Is it just PS fanboys that want to ridicule MS and their "fans" if that happens
Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
If they start with already released games which have had there time in the light. Then they simply gain 3rd party like sales money, whist still holding back giving day one GP exclusivity for other games. That's where my money is for now.

This is where my head is at.

Microsoft have data on how well Minecraft performs, there's nothing like forza and sea of thieves on Nintendo switch. So if they can get games like that on switch 2, playstation 5 where it makes sense I think that's what they'll do.

Gaas games live and die by playerbase and a steady cash flow to help keep the teams that are working on them alive.

That's where I see MS going with this, but ultimately they could do anything lol

Means nothing to me. I have a series x and still don't play many xbox first party games because they suck. It's not only the small install base why they don't perform well. The quality just isn't there. Forza horizon is the only one I like. Having more platforms won't change much for these games but it sure beats keeping them stuck on a dying xbox brand and Microsoft know that. They will ease into it with old games but pretty soon, their games will launch on multiple platforms, including the PS5.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Means nothing to me. I have a series x and still don't play many xbox first party games because they suck. It's not only the small install base why they don't perform well. The quality just isn't there. Forza horizon is the only one I like. Having more platforms won't change much for these games but it sure beats keeping them stuck on a dying xbox brand and Microsoft know that. They will ease into it with old games but pretty soon, their games will launch on multiple platforms, including the PS5.

Play Hi Fi Rush :)

Bojanglez

The Amiga Brotherhood
This is where my head is at.

Microsoft have data on how well Minecraft performs, there's nothing like forza and sea of thieves on Nintendo switch. So if they can get games like that on switch 2, playstation 5 where it makes sense I think that's what they'll do.

Gaas games live and die by playerbase and a steady cash flow to help keep the teams that are working on them alive.

That's where I see MS going with this, but ultimately they could do anything lol
I think you're probably right.

What better way to show the value of Gamepass than have their first party games for $70 on other consoles, if they get their shit together eventually people might think, "I buy so many of these games I may as well get an Xbox (or a device that supports Gamepass) and play them that way". For those that don't think that way (maybe lots),MS still win because they are probably making more money off selling their games, plus it mitigates the risk of Gamepass day 1 releases and allows developers to have their games played (and earn royalties) via more avenues, which I imagine is important to the developers and MS who are interested in retention.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I still think people are forgetting that satya has to beat off the FTC next month.

Come To Me World Cup GIF by FIFA

Let's see what happens and what is said once that completely closes.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Any new games announced? After the hysteria this threads kind of died on its ass.
There was no implication whatsoever that games would be announced during the January Xbox Direct.

The reports are that the decision has been made, games are being ported, and the porting work is underway. If true, those ports will be announced when they are near their launch dates.

As I said elsewhere, Microsoft can clear this up very easily. They can state that they will be putting some games on Switch or PlayStation (or both) in the future, aside from the contractually obligated games that are currently there. Or they could say they have no plans of putting first party games on one of the platforms, neither platforms, etc. Phil Spencer said explicitly that Microsoft has no plans to put Game Pas on other platforms. Why not make a statement in that regard to first party games?
Phil has been saying that yes, but do you think that Sony will alow GamePass on Playstation?
I have news for you....not gona happen like never ever. That xbox games are coming to Playstation? When you listen what Nadella is saying its gonna happen, i'am shure of that.

jwaxeman

yeah but you have to be glad to see them celebrating their 5 year anniversary on GAF by finally making their first post
It’s funny, I hav both consoles and my excitement over Xbox games coming to PS5 is what motivated me to post again. I’m not at all against it. It’s a smart move. It’s just a good idea to add the context that just before this he explicitly mentioned ABK. Vastly prefer my PS5, no cope from me.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
one of my favourite memories of my road-trip across the US was coming across a bunch of lads trying to sell me their CD in LA and Tim Westwood coming up in conversation.

"Do you know Time Westwood?"
"Yeh"
"Tell him he's a cunt!"
They weren’t wrong lmao

Last edited:
Definitely, I think Sony with pc day one is coming and Microsoft might just do day one on ps5 and switch too if their studios can handle the ports day one.

When rhis happens I dunno but I can imagine it within the next few years.
Naah Sony will not put theyr first party games day one on PC...(except for some online multiplayer games) that would canbalise theyr main platform Playstation. When MS jumpes of the bridge Sony will not jump after them, not gonna happen.

Top Bottom