• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Windows Central]Why Xbox customers are right to be angry about Microsoft putting more 'exclusive' games on Nintendo or PlayStation

No matter the console, the “hardcore fanboys” that aren’t willing to buy the rival consoles are the last group of people that should be listened to, fuck em.

As a primarily Xbox user I say put the games everywhere. Who the fuck cares as long as I still have an elite controller and gamepass.

Last edited:

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I can't think of many newer Xbox games that would run on Switch. Unless its shitty cloud.

Halo MCC would run easily on Switch.

Anything else should easily port over to the switch successor console.

In return, Nintendo can put Mario Kart, Pokémon and Zelda on Gamepass.

That sounds like a fair trade.

The subjectivity spiral seems a little redundant here. Clearly, the market doesn't think whatever Xbox is putting out is worth buying the console, buying the games, or even subscribing for access to them.

You're right, so let's look at that.
Even in the last segment of Don Mattrick's regime, you could see the cracks starting to form as Xbox tried positioning itself to be a multimedia, always online ecosystem. It's not that far removed from what Gamepass is. The Gamepass/Play Anywhere/multiplatform release model is just the logical conclusion, all the way from deprioritising the dedicated hardware to universal access; just with subscription economics slapped on top.

Not to be rude, but I'm not even going to debate the promise or quality of Redfall, Starfield, or even the latest Forza that they managed to bungle, because lol.

As for this year, I truly think their lineup looks less up to standard than it ever has since Crackdown 3.
Hellblade's gameplay looks as scripted and inelegantly designed as the first game's, and after 7 years of no new releases, Ninja Theory has only been able to crank out 8-10 hours. Nobody expected that after 3 years of hype from Xbox marketing. Indiana Jones just looks bad. Avowed looks like a kickstarter campaign project and sounds so tired. Every bs promise these RPGs come out with is regurgitated in that deep dive.

If not for quality, it's objective to say that production values appear to be lesser, or way less efficient.
First you said it was as soon as they released on PC first now you’re going back to Don Matrick.

I agree, he lost a lot of ground for Xbox at a very important time, which I believe led to their push to GP and their current strategy.

I know Redfall was garbage but I’m sorry, the rest of your comment is just pure opinion/ speculation. As for people buying games, Starfield was one of Steams highest revenue games for the year so obviously quite a few people bought it.

Top Bottom