• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Windows Central]Why Xbox customers are right to be angry about Microsoft putting more 'exclusive' games on Nintendo or PlayStation

Go play video games and STFU geez lol.

99% of the people on console are playing third party games everyday :messenger_poop:

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
images

This is nice.

But you'll still be able to play those games regardless of the platform you have? I don't get why anyone has the right to be angry because of their own purchasing decisions...

Some of those tweets are super fucking cringe too, saying 'we stood by you through everything'. I will never understand console warriors.

yazenov

Why are people upset that MS games reach a much wider audience? Isn't this good for gamers? Good guy Phil doing the Lords work.

MS is finally pro consumer :p

Last edited:

ProtoByte

They aren't.
What a stupid article.

Anyone who gets mad at the fact that a game they bought is not "exclusive for their platform" anymore is a fucking moron.
No actual exclusives are an overall bad thing for the industry and competition.
Xbox messaged themselves into this corner, but especially the way current development realities are, exclusives are very important. The mentality is just different.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Hmmm. I don't feel angry.

I play my games, I enjoy my games, if other players get to experience some of the games I played, good for them.

What am I doing wrong?

You're doing nothing wrong. But you are burying your head in the sand, because MS becoming a bona fide third party publisher will take away an important reason to buy Xbox instead of Playstation: exclusives. It will therefore only lead to even lower hardware sales and even less third party games being released for your favorite console.

In the short run nothing changes, but in the long run you'll absolutely notice that many publishers won't bother with Xbox because Xbox market share is shrinking faster than ever and the remaining Xbox loyalists hardly buy games.

reinking

Gold Member
That's been my take as well. Obviously if the console dies, to me that would be a catastrophe for anyone who invested in the ecosystem, and would lead to a dark age in gaming and usher in that monopoly everyone was so concerned about for the last 14 months. If it's some multiplayer GAAS stuff, I don't particularly think that's even a bad idea. If it's Hi-Fi Rush or something small for Switch, I honestly don't know if I even mind. I didn't care with Ori or Cuphead. There's multiple layers of nuance to it, and there's just no point wasting energy on it until they explain what they're even doing.

Thank you, Phil, for single-handedly saving the gaming industry. Keep on buying out the industry and try to monopolize it that way. Much much better than letting Sony and Nintendo run amok.

hero don GIF by YoungerTV

Three

ironically he was one of the first to break the news, since that article though he’s seemingly been siding with the raging fanboys on Twitter

I guess he figures their clicks are more valuable then whatever Microsoft was giving him?

It would be kind of funny if the likes of Tom, Jeff and Jez are doing all this for engagement and nothing is really happening. MS announce remaining exclusive and a win is fabricated out of nothing.

I do think Tom and Jez do feel threatened if it were to happen though. There is no war reporter if the war is over. Nobody really follows a publisher mouthpiece. Do we have any EA or Ubisoft evangelists? Hence why I think Jez is siding with raging fanboys on the subject and Tom doing surveys to see how it will affect him if 'xbox news' didn’t really exist anymore.

Del_X

This is how you get 100M game pass subs in 6 years or so. I still think a gatekeeper lawsuit gets thrown at Sony from Microsoft in the EU over this.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Imagine spending 5-6 years writing thousands of messages about Xbox purchases, the only for exclusives and leaving out PS, recovering market share, etc... to end like this, I understand that Jez is still in the denial phase.
it’s a shame that the true green colored lens evangelists on Twitter hadn’t instead spent that time playing games instead of warring on social media

graywolf323

Baby come back to me

Fine fuck you

Sorry I didn't mean it

You still there? xx

Hello? xx

When a handsome lad like me is giving you so much attention you don't have the right to ignore me
can we start a fund to get Ass of Can Whooping Ass of Can Whooping & Punished Miku Punished Miku some couples counseling? 😅

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Summary by ChatGPT
The article delves into the dissatisfaction among Xbox customers regarding Microsoft's decision to release more exclusive games on Nintendo or PlayStation, impacting user engagement within the Xbox ecosystem. The author highlights concerns that this strategy could diminish the loyalty and engagement of Xbox users, potentially affecting Microsoft's competitive standing in the gaming platform landscape. The article explores the reasons behind this discontent and emphasizes the importance of maintaining strong user engagement for the success of the Xbox platform.
This should be banned. If you cant provide a summary without asking for robots to help then dont bother posting. Whats next? ChatGPT posting all threads on gaf?

Josemayuste

As an Xbox owner since the original Xbox, I see Microsoft ( Xbox ) more like a content holder, than a platform manufacturer more and more, they are better positioned right now to be the best game editor out there, everything else, not so much. It's better and the Industry leads inevitable into an open platform model.

This should be banned. If you cant provide a summary without asking for robots to help then dont bother posting. Whats next? ChatGPT posting all threads on gaf?
Summary by chatgpt

The author expresses frustration with posts that seek help from robots like ChatGPT to summarize content, suggesting that such requests should be banned. The author questions the necessity of seeking assistance from artificial intelligence for summarization and expresses concern about the potential for ChatGPT to dominate discussion forums like gaf.

Last edited:

graywolf323

Frankly Xbox was mortally wounded by Kinect and has been slowly bleeding out since.
eh I wouldn’t say that, Kinect ended up being a stumble for sure in the long run (though in the short run it‘s why the 360 managed to even outsell the Wii in North America IIRC), the problem was more that they didn’t recognize it was a very successful fad instead of the future of gaming

once they finally realized that it was too late and since then they haven’t managed to do much right, quite frankly Mattrick had more success as the head of Xbox than Phil has (even if Mattrick was the one that failed to recognize the Kinect was a fad)

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Summary by chatgpt

The author expresses frustration with posts that seek help from robots like ChatGPT to summarize content, suggesting that such requests should be banned. The author questions the necessity of seeking assistance from artificial intelligence for summarization and expresses concern about the potential for ChatGPT to dominate discussion forums like gaf.
Alright, that was funny. You're still on ignore, but I will toggle it off sometimes if I get bored.

When a handsome lad like me is giving you so much attention you don't have the right to ignore me
Little rapey ... :messenger_grimmacing_

ReBurn

Gold Member
I would think rational people would wait for it to actually happen before they get angry about it. But gamers have never really been accused of being rational.

After Satya Nadella made the remarks about "consoles" regarding to putting games everywhere somebody on this forum made a joke that an article would be coming to balance the scales 🤣 sorry I can't find who said it but damn the playbook is predictable at this point.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

What? How did you find out that none of the accounts on Neogaf are actual people!?!

Top Bottom