• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Central: Microsoft exploring bringing back catalog to Nintendo and PlayStation

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Maybe only if it included MS first part titles only.......

I don't know how I'd feel about that?

One one hand it'd be great to play Xbox games on a PS5. I could just stick to one console and not switch between the two. Also, all my favourite games would be in one place. Perfect. Microsoft word probably also make a shit ton of money.

However, I would worry what the lack of competition would do for Sony and Nintendo. If Sega jumped back into the game with the Dreamcast 2 (call it something bad ass like the Nightmarecast?) Or somebody else like Apple entered the game with a home console, I'd probably feel a lot better, but I wouldn't want Sony and Nintendo to be the only choice for consoles.

demigod

Yes.

XmsHjj9.jpg
You love taking the Ls.

Crayon

Are all PS fanboys on Twitter former Xbox fanboys? There was Crapgamer as well. That annoying Red Dragon fucker definitely switched. He has the characteristics of the others.

Ding. When someone flops sides, they'll take the tribal attitude with them. And conversely, a person can dial it back and learn to check themselves without switching.

I don't know how I'd feel about that?

One one hand it'd be great to play Xbox games on a PS5. I could just stick to one console and not switch between the two. Also, all my favourite games would be in one place. Perfect. Microsoft word probably also make a shit ton of money.

However, I would worry what the lack of competition would do for Sony and Nintendo. If Sega jumped back into the game with the Dreamcast 2 (call it something bad ass like the Nightmarecast?) Or somebody else like Apple entered the game with a home console, I'd probably feel a lot better, but I wouldn't want Sony and Nintendo to be the only choice for consoles.

Honestly, I'm not sure it would matter. Its not like Xbox is a ton of competition right now anyway. It would probably force more competition between Sony and Nintendo.

King Dazzar

Might’ve spotted an old tweet, it happens.

maybe Phil spoke directly to Gavon through his dreams?

Lets face it Phil has danced to so many different tunes. You just need to capture him at the right time and date and he will have said what you want to hear. The silver tongued rascal that he is. And anyway, dont let adamsapple adamsapple know hes been in Gavon with the gimp mask avatars dreams too. Otherwise there will be handbags at dawn, I have no doubt!

Last edited:

GHG

maybe Phil spoke directly to Gavon through his dreams?

Late last night Gavon gathered the tools necessary for the ritual and prayed at the shrine of Phil:

AMyXkHi.jpg

Phil 2:13 "For judgment will be merciless to SonyPony who has shown no mercy" he cried, repeatedly.

And this morning he awoke to the realisation that his prayers were not in vain, in fact they were answered:

Thank God

tenor.gif

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
It's going to be interesting on Thursday.

You would think Microsoft would only allow this stuff to happen, if they got gamepass or at least logins to xbox live..or whatever its called now.

They must be after sales and MAUs, so I just can't see them doing it without some kind of account integration of switch and playstation. Maybe I'm wrong though.

LordCBH

You would think Microsoft would only allow this stuff to happen, if they got gamepass or at least logins to xbox live..or whatever its called now.

They must be after sales and MAUs, so I just can't see them doing it without some kind of account integration of switch and playstation. Maybe I'm wrong though.

I could see anything with an online component requiring a Microsoft account in order to actually use.

King Dazzar

If they start with already released games which have had there time in the light. Then they simply gain 3rd party like sales money, whist still holding back giving day one GP exclusivity for other games. That's where my money is for now.

Humdinger

MBG is a Youtuber who used to be an Xbox fan, but then, somewhere during last gen, got tired of all the MS failures and jumped ship to Playstation. He's an enthusiastic fan of many things Playstation, clearly on team blue, but not a shill. At the same time, time, I'm sure he found that his audience increased when he shifted to Playstation, so there must be some financial reward for being team blue as well.

I used to watch him several years ago. My impression was that he was being honest about his opinion, and his "switching sides" (which came right around the time of Crackdown 3's release, I think) was sincere. He was quite frustrated with Microsoft.

Last edited:

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
Lol.

But when your dreams of playing Xbox games on your PlayStation gets dashed and laughed out of existence, I'll be there to remind you of this conversation.

Still bizarre to see so many Sony fans wanting Xbox games. Shocking stuff ..lol
Cute, but I have a rather monstrous PC. I don't have to wait to play Xbox games.

Just take the L and admit you flat out lied because you're having a hard time getting a recent good night's rest.

Last edited:

nial

Gold Member
Lol. Funny how suddenly there's this pushback because 1st party games go where Gamepass exists. It's not like Phil didn't mention it before.

So, wait. NOW y'all actually want Xbox games??? Say it ain't so.... 🤣

Never change GaF. Holy shit ...lol
Lol.

But when your dreams of playing Xbox games on your PlayStation gets dashed and laughed out of existence, I'll be there to remind you of this conversation.

Sad Hugging GIF by euphoria

DJ12

Lol.

No one wants those games, just because you keep saying it doesn't mean its true.

I think most people are seeing its the only logically move MS have left and are enjoying the mental gymnastics and slow fall into acceptance from xbox only owners.

I have a ps5 and a PC and couldn't give a toot if no 'xbox' games came to playstation.

There are no more xbox exclusive games.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Lol.

Shocking stuff is posting a lot of nonsense that Phil Spencer supposedly said that flat out wasn't true. Just not cool dude.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Xbox Games are not going to PS.

Is it just PS fanboys that want to ridicule MS and their "fans" if that happens

PS5 groups on FB are filled with a lot of "fans" mentioning Xbox every day.

Xbox fans are speculating about this just as much as anyone. This thread was started because of an article by Jez Corden. Microsoft could clear this all up really easily, but Phil Spencer is oddly quiet about it.

Schnauzer

Sales matter again now? I cant keep up with flip flopping narratives.

Xbox Games are not going to PS.

Is it just PS fanboys that want to ridicule MS and their "fans" if that happens

PS5 groups on FB are filled with a lot of "fans" mentioning Xbox every day.

I consider myself a logical person. As long as Xbox games continue to release on PC, I will never purchase an Xbox again. I have reason to still buy PlayStation and Switch for exclusives. I logically no longer have a reason to buy an Xbox.

Last edited:
Xbox fans are speculating about this just as much as anyone. This thread was started because of an article by Jez Corden. Microsoft could clear this all up really easily, but Phil Spencer is oddly quiet about it.

Don’t know if you’ve been following this thread but numerous Xbox associates have been conditioning people for that upcoming news.

I consider myself a logical person. As long as Xbox games continue to release on PC, I will never purchase an Xbox again. I have reason to still buy PlayStation and Switch for exclusives. I logically no longer have a reason to buy an Xbox.
I still find it very difficult for this to happen, especially after all the leaked documents stating that MS wanted to push Sony out of business, I guess they realised that money is money and doesn't matter where it comes from.

But until confirmation, I'm still skeptical about it, Financially, it makes a lot of sense since PS and Nintendo owners do buy games.

This will be the first generation I won't be buying an Xbox console.

Topher

Gold Member
I still find it very difficult for this to happen, especially after all the leaked documents stating that MS wanted to push Sony out of business, I guess they realised that money is money and doesn't matter where it comes from.

But until confirmation, I'm still skeptical about it, Financially, it makes a lot of sense since PS and Nintendo owners do buy games.

This will be the first generation I won't be buying an Xbox console.

Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism. I won't believe it until they actually make an announcement stating one of these games mentioned (Hi Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves, etc.) are actually coming to PlayStation. I do think it is odd that Phil Spencer has said nothing though.

nick776

Nothing wrong with a healthy dose of skepticism. I won't believe it until they actually make an announcement stating one of these games mentioned (Hi Fi Rush, Sea of Thieves, etc.) are actually coming to PlayStation. I do think it is odd that Phil Spencer has said nothing though.
I think for me the biggest sign of the times if the fire sale Series X had in December. It reminds me of how Sega cut the Dreamcast price significantly before they announced they were abandoning it. Christmas sales are typical, I agree, but the significant cut the Series X had was somewhat unheard of absent it being a desperate measure, etc. The $350.00 Series S that was released last fall was likely the final folly that led up to all this. On top of that, you have total silence from Microsoft on all the recent rumors combined with their CFO's statement last back in November--where there is smoke there is fire.

I think they should completely stop developing consoles. They always say they make their money with game pass and the software anyway and the fact that they release their biggest games anyway also on PC and game pass shows that there is basically no need for them to make their own console. I mean the only reason why Sony tries to push the console sales is because they don’t have fees when selling software on their platform, but Microsoft has that already with PC.

Perhaps the people in charge just want to have a box, although there is no need, which reminds me of the guy in Silicon Valley, who tried to push a box to the market for no reason.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Lol.

So you straight up lied and made up shit about Phil confirming to Parris that this rumor is false? Just to protect the fake bubble and reassure yourself for a few more hours that Xbox isn't going third-party?

Really?!

Rowan Atkinson GIF

Top Bottom