• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP RPGs for Vita, what to get?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
A handful? It's the large majority I believe.

It must not be as bad for RPGs then, I made a list of 17 RPGs I was interested in that were listed in this thread.

Out of that, 3 were not available. That's 82% availability.

You make it sound like publishing games is really cheap.

The cost drops considerably when you don't have to print, and find resellers to sell your game. I may be wrong, feel free to correct me.

StuBurns

Banned
It must not be as bad for RPGs then, I made a list of 17 RPGs I was interested in that were listed in this thread.

Out of that, 3 were not available. That's 82% availability.
Yeah, that's a very specific genre, the absentees are very famously absent, CC:FF7/KH:BbS type stuff. Think about all the stuff like sports games where they put them out every year before PSN mattered at all. In that genre you might only get a 10% availability.

I think there are about 1500 PSP games, and about 500 of them are on PSN, it's something like that I believe.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Yeah, the "all on PSN" is probably a pipe dream...

Very little sense in putting old versions of PSP madden up.

JWong

Banned
The cost drops considerably when you don't have to print, and find resellers to sell your game. I may be wrong, feel free to correct me.

License fees can be expensive. Music license, tech license, and even ESRB/PEGI/CERO admission need to be paid. It's not as easy as "let's put a game online with our stamp".

RS4-

Ugh, I never got around to finishing P3P and Tactics Ogre, I guess I'll grab TO since $40 for P3P is ridiculous.

Grimmy

Banned
There are still some notable missing; VP: Lenneth and the Star Ocean remakes.

There are a lot missing:

Brave Story: New Traveler
Breath of Fire III
Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony
Final Fantasy Anniversary Edition (not on NA SEN)
Final Fantasy II Anniversary Edition (not on NA SEN)
Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
Metal Gear Ac!d
Metal Gear Ac!d 2
Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner
Phantasy Star Portable 2 (not on NA SEN)
PoPoLoCrois
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
Star Ocean: First Departure
Tales of Eternia
Tales of the World: Radiant Mythology
Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse
Ys: The Ark of Napishtim

Anno

Tactics Ogre looks great on this screen. Third full playthrough of PSP TO - still awesome! One of the better video game stories.

Top Bottom