• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

I'll be flying in on Friday, never been to San Fran before. Can I just ask a taxi to take me to the GG bridge? I don't want a tour of it or anything, I just want to see it from a nice vantage point and get a few pictures of it.

Sure, a taxi will take you where you want to go as long as it's on your dime. For good vantages of the GGB however, I would ask to go to Baker Beach or Fort Point. Here's a good list of some of the places on both sides of the bridge: [LINK]

Does the Dublin/Daly City train drop me off at Powell street? Not familiar with BART at all.

Yup. All the BART traffic that goes through Downtown SF will pass by the major stations: Embarcadero, Montgomery, Powell, Civic Center. You'll be fine!

If he's walking around SoMa he really needs to be riding one of those Razer scooters that are popular with 11 year old and the tech crowd. Will fit right in.

Lol it was definitely not SoMa as I live in the TL. Looking back, I probably came off like a crazy person as I essentially called out to him as he was walking past me-- this was around 9:45PM mind you;

Me: Mr Layden!

SL: [slowly, warily turns around]

Me: Sorry, sir, didn't mean to startle you. You don't know me, but I will be attending PSX this weekend and I just wanted to wish you and your team a successful show. That's all!

SL: [a little more comfortable that I'm not going to mug him] Oh really? That's great. Where did you fly in from?

Me: [Pointing across the street] Oh, no. I live right there across the street...

SL: [no longer convinced I'm not going to mug him; slowly backing away] Oh, are you in the industry...? [continues to move away]

Me: No, sir--

SL: [now walking away] Great, thanks! Goodnight!

Me: [thinking] fuck... was I creepy? I was creepy wasn't I? god dammit...

Edzi

Badge pickup/registration is Noon-10PM on Friday, and re-opens at 7AM Saturday

Hm, not sure if I want to go to SF on Friday to pick up my badge, but I'm worried it might ruin my chances of getting into the keynote on Saturday morning if I tried to get the badge Sat morning...

Hm, not sure if I want to go to SF on Friday to pick up my badge, but I'm worried it might ruin my chances of getting into the keynote on Saturday morning if I tried to get the badge Sat morning...

Don't think it'll harm your chances to get into the keynote as long as you go and pick up your badge when they re-open at 7am on Saturday, but it'll likely put you back a bit in line in terms of wanting to score choice seating inside.

Toparaman

Banned
So anyone else going to this thing alone? I was wondering if any groups would be forming to walk around together.

I am, but I'm not interested in forming a group, since I want to check out as much as I can as efficiently as possible.

Holmes

Well I'm not going to San Francisco on Friday to pick up my badge, but I should be at the convention center by 6am on Saturday morning, so I'll wait in line for my badge when I get there and then rush to the line for the conference. I think it should go well.

I am, but I'm not interested in forming a group, since I want to check out as much as I can as efficiently as possible.
While that makes sense, you're still welcome to group up with us for the keynote (if you're planning to attend it) and Edzi, you can do the same. After a couple hours in line you may have an idea of who you'd like to group with (chemistry / similar plan of attack for the show floor / etc).

Edzi

While that makes sense, you're still welcome to group up with us for the keynote (if you're planning to attend it) and Edzi, you can do the same. After a couple hours in line you may have an idea of who you'd like to group with (chemistry / similar plan of attack for the show floor / etc).

Sure thing, though I'll be picking up my badge first on Saturday so I'm not sure if I'll be able to meet up in line if you guys are going super early.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I'll be too busy Friday to pick up badges, but I wonder if my SO will be able to pick mine up for me? Doubt it though.

Now I'm making bacon for 65 people?
I don't think everyone on the list will show up, nor will everyone be a carnivore, lol. Also, the red highlights are for people who can't make it, and people will have friends. Do whatever you feel comfortable doing, and don't worry if it's not enough. We're all pitching in random stuff and there will be food for purchase at Golden Gate Taproom as well!

Will be picking my badge up tomorrow and then head into work; will be aiming for getting in line at 7. I'll have one other person showing up to join me in line around 9 or so, but before that I'll just be chillin' with my Vita, maybe taking a crack at Yomawari or continue that deep rabbit hole that is Muramasa Rebirth.

Excited about the keynote but extra stoked to meet devs that are GAFers and showing off stuff on the floor! Obviously looking forward to the meetup that night as well. If the tentative spot of GGTR sticks, I may pop into Pharaohs just a few blocks away for some Koshari or a falafel burger (only $4!) to sop up the pints.

Work is sapping all my energy currently but I'm definitely getting more and more excited as we get closer to Saturday!

SanFranGAF, what are some good restaurants near the Moscone? Preferably with decent vegetarian options. And how far away is Chinatown from the Moscone?

LOL I guess I forgot I already put myself down on the list. So whoever is in charge can disregard my second entry.

Looking forward to this weekend!

SanFranGAF, what are some good restaurants near the Moscone? Preferably with decent vegetarian options. And how far away is Chinatown from the Moscone?

From Moscone to the Dragon's Gate it's about a 10-15 minute walk depending on how fast you go. [MAP]. Grant and Stockton next to it run parallel up through Chinatown up to North Beach. Grant's the touristy one (lots of shops) and Stockton has a lot more locals and markets.

As for vegetarian options close to Moscone, the two that come to mind are Samovar Tea Lounge right there at Yerba Buena Gardens, or Loving Hut in the Westfield Mall which is also a stone's throw. Definitely Love the Hut if you're trying to save money. Westfield has a number of other food options as well.

Are there any must see places in San Fran? I'll have Friday free to check it out.

Totally depends on what you're into, tbh. It's supposed to be sunny and high 50s/low 60s on Friday so it'd be perfect for walking around-- just dress for cool, windy weather.

Personally, my excursions tend to involve some walking or hiking, peppered with a stop or two at a pub along the way. It'd be a great day to walk to-- and across-- the GGB, or walk through Golden Gate Park; one of my favorite short walks in the city is the trail that takes you around Land's End, and it's a single bus line (38 or 38R) from Downtown all the way there and back again, so super simple to navigate. A walk along the Embarcadero either towards the ballpark or Fisherman's Wharf is nice too, and the latter houses the Musée Mécanique at Pier 45.

A walk up through Chinatown and then over to Coit Tower will give your legs a solid workout as well! [MAP]

If you like poking around at art there are a bunch of galleries along Geary Street that you can walk in and check out collections.

If you'd like to drink away some of your Friday however, boy do I have some suggestions for you lol

I just joined the Line Group.

What time are we all planning to meet before the Keynote on Saturday? I was planning on 8 if I was just going by myself, but if everyone is going earlier, I'd definitely go to meet up with you guys!

Totally depends on what you're into, tbh. It's supposed to be sunny and high 50s/low 60s on Friday so it'd be perfect for walking around-- just dress for cool, windy weather.

Personally, my excursions tend to involve some walking or hiking, peppered with a stop or two at a pub along the way. It'd be a great day to walk to-- and across-- the GGB, or walk through Golden Gate Park; one of my favorite short walks in the city is the trail that takes you around Land's End, and it's a single bus line (38 or 38R) from Downtown all the way there and back again, so super simple to navigate. A walk along the Embarcadero either towards the ballpark or Fisherman's Wharf is nice too, and the latter houses the Musée Mécanique at Pier 45.

A walk up through Chinatown and then over to Coit Tower will give your legs a solid workout as well! [MAP]

If you like poking around at art there are a bunch of galleries along Geary Street that you can walk in and check out collections.

If you'd like to drink away some of your Friday however, boy do I have some suggestions for you lol
I wouldn't mind a drink or two.

brandtron8000

Neo Member
Definitely planning to hit up 21st amendment and Mikkiller Bar at some point during the weekend. Anything else a craft beer nut should hit up within walking distance?

I wouldn't mind a drink or two.

Within striking distance from Downtown--

Some are beer only and some have full bars.

21st Amendment
Mikkeller
Golden Gate Tap Room
Amsterdam Cafe
Tempest (personal favorite)

Honorable mention for crawling up Polk Street from Post on up [MAP] as there are a ton of bars and easy food options there. Same with Irving between 7th and 10th in the Inner Sunset [MAP]; particularly nice as a brief excursion if you're walking around Golden Gate Park.

Definitely planning to hit up 21st amendment and Mikkiller Bar at some point during the weekend. Anything else a craft beer nut should hit up within walking distance?

Amsterdam Cafe, mate :) They're taking cards there now using Square so it's even more dangerous to try out some of the rarer stuff.

I just joined the Line Group.

What time are we all planning to meet before the Keynote on Saturday? I was planning on 8 if I was just going by myself, but if everyone is going earlier, I'd definitely go to meet up with you guys!

I need to know the schedule. Also, how are ppl getting their badges early?

I need to know the schedule. Also, how are ppl getting their badges early?

PSX badges? If so, just by going by sometime Friday to the Public Reg spot at the Moscone Center during operating hours; I've heard 9-6 but I've also heard Noon-10pm. I'd aim earlier regardless if you can swing it.

If you're talking about GAF badges... no idea. I don't plan on getting mine until the meetup after the event.

v1lla21

Now I'm making bacon for 65 people?
I want ur bacon bb.
Some Playstation folk have their badges but not the general public.

As far as gaf badges go they'll be handed out when people meet so that's either early in the morning during the line for the keynote or during the meetup.

PSX badges? If so, just by going by sometime tomorrow to the Public Reg spot at the Moscone Center during operating hours; I've heard 9-6 but I've also heard Noon-10pm. I'd aim earlier regardless if you can swing it.

If you're talking about GAF badges... no idea. I don't plan on getting mine until the meetup after the event.

But tomorrow isn't even Friday.

Humans confuse me.

Shenmue

Banned
Due to an unforeseen circumstances I can't go now due to work. I should be able to change the name on my ticket I believe so if anyone is looking to go please let me know and you can have my ticket. I have a 2 day ticket.

Well I'm not going to San Francisco on Friday to pick up my badge, but I should be at the convention center by 6am on Saturday morning, so I'll wait in line for my badge when I get there and then rush to the line for the conference. I think it should go well.

Gonna do the same. I have work on Friday and then plans on Friday night. I won't be able to get to SF, so Saturday morning it is.

Edit:

When we're in the line, how will we know which other gaffers are there? use the Line app?

majik13

I "have" a ticket and am in the bay area but dont think Ill be able to make it unfortunatly. Hope its great though.

Fisty

Havent gotten a hotel room yet... probably should get on that...

Any suggestions? Looking for ~$100 a night in walking distance to Moscone

Anyone know of an easy way going fro Daly City to Moscone West?
I want to be there early (about 4am ish) and I doubt I have that many options...
Thanks.

Also, too late for badge I assume. Can I still join up?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
So everyone's going at 6? Geeze I'm not a morning person and you guys are making me get up even earlier to anticipate a line >_>

Havent gotten a hotel room yet... probably should get on that...

Any suggestions? Looking for ~$100 a night in walking distance to Moscone

Hotel for under $100 is pushing it-- a hostel would probably be a better bet. However Airbnb has a number of options. Here's a quick search I did: http://bit.ly/1TmqV2K

Anyone know of an easy way going fro Daly City to Moscone West?
I want to be there early (about 4am ish) and I doubt I have that many options...
Thanks.

The earliest BART runs from Daly City is around 6 so if you want an easy way to get to Moscone earlier than that I'd suggest using Lyft or Uber. If you haven't signed up yet for one of these services you can use the referral code I posted earlier in the thread (or a friend's or whatever) to nab you some credit so that the overall cost will be minimal. In fact, I just checked Lyft and saw that it would be just shy of $20 to take a Lyft Line from Daly City Bart to Moscone.. which means with the credit you wouldn't be paying anything at all for the ride (unless you decide to tip, which I would).

v1lla21

So everyone's going at 6? Geeze I'm not a morning person and you guys are making me get up even earlier to anticipate a line >_>
Pretty sure the line will just be gaf members hugging it out in the cold weather that early in the morning. Lol.

Top Bottom