• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

krae_man

OSAh5aF.jpg

This thread is for people attending PSX. It's a hub of information about what will be there, where it is, etc.

Special thanks to xenorevlis for helping me out with this OP and organizing the community stuff at PSX

What is it?

PlayStation Experience is a PlayStation themed convention(Like a PAX or Comic Con). There will be panels, playable demos of unreleased games, Merchandise etc

When is it?

December 5th and 6th 2015

Time?

Saturday: 10am-10pm
Sunday: 10am-6pm

Where is it?

Moscone West Convention Center
San Francisco, CA

How Much are Tickets?

$45 for Saturday
$40 for Sunday
$75 for a 2 Day pass

Buy Tickets Here

Where/when can I pick up tickets?

You may pick up your badge during registration hours on the first floor of Moscone Center West.

Badge pickup/registration is Noon-10PM on Friday, and re-opens at 7AM Saturday

Discount hotels?

There are some discounted hotels available here

sAJryUS.jpg

From SFO Airport

-You take the BART from the Airport station(Located in the international terminal) to Powell St Station. The trip will cost you $8.65

From OAK Airport

You take the OAK Airport Shuttle Train to Coliseum Station then transfer over to the Green or Blue lines and get off at Powell St Station. The fare will cost you $10.05

Note: Your hotel may be closer to Embarcadero, Montgomery or some other station. Look up which station is closer to your hotel

WARNING ABOUT BART SERVICE INTERRUPTION:

GFrYDDk.jpg

tlT4cts.jpg

z4r8bTR.jpg

tIAD1L9.jpg

Abzu
Alekhine’s Gun
Alienation
Alone With You
Amplitude
Assassin’s Creed Syndicate
Assault Android Cactus
Battleborn
Beyond: Two Souls
BigFest
Bloodborne: The Old Hunters
Broforce
Call of Duty: Black Ops III
Capsule Force
Chasm
Cosmic Star Heroine
Crypt of the NecroDancer
Dark Souls 3
Darkest Dungeon
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Dead Star
Death Tales
Death’s Gambit
Destiny: The Taken King
Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition
Distance
Divinity Original Sin: Enhanced Edition
Drawn To Death
Drifter
Drive!Drive!Drive!
Driveclub: Bikes & DLC
Dungeon Defenders II
EarthNight
What Remains of Edith Finch
EITR
Enter the Gungeon
Far Cry Primal
Fat Princess Adventures
Firewatch
For Honor
FutureGrind
Gang Beasts
GNOG
Gravity Ghost
Gravity Rush Remastered
Guitar Hero Live
Guns Up!
Gunsport
Hatoful Boyfriend: Holiday Star
Heavy Rain
Helldivers Democracy Strikes Back Edition
Invisible, Inc.
Just Cause 3
Kerbal Space Program
Kill Strain
Killing Floor 2
Klaus
LEGO Dimensions
LEGO Marvel’s Avengers
Lichdom: Battlemage
Life Goes On: Done to Death
Life is Strange
Lost Sea
Manifold Garden
Mega Man Legacy Collection
Megadimension Neptunia
Metrico+
MLB The Show 15
Moon Hunters
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4
NBA 2K16
New Hot Shots Golf (working title)
Night in the Woods
Not a Hero
Nuclear Throne
Pavilion
Phineas & Ferb: Day of Doofenshmirtz
Randall
Ratchet & Clank
Ray’s the Dead
Resident Evil 0
Revolver360 RE:Actor
ROCKETSROCKETSROCKETS
Salt and Sanctuary
Screencheat
Sentris
Severed
Shadow of the Beast
Skytorn
SmuggleCraft
Soft Body
Space Dave
Star Wars Battlefront
Stories: The Path of Destinies
Street Fighter V
Strike Vector
Super Impossible Road
Superbeat: Xonic
Tearaway Unfolded
The King of Fighters XIV
The Tomorrow Children
There Came an Echo
Thumper
To Leave
Tricky Towers
Tumblestone
Umbrella Corps
Uncharted 4: A Thief’s End (multiplayer)
Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
Videoball
Viking Squad
Wattam
WWE 2K16

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/12/playstation-experience-2015-the-big-list-of-playable-games/

97TlZkP.jpg

Full Panel List not yet announced. List pending

PS I Love You XOXO Podcast. Saturday 5pm Main Stage

Future of Stortytelling Panel 6pm Saturday Moscone West Hall, 3rd Floor

Uncharted 4: Stories from the Performance Capture Set

PlayStation VR and The Future of Play

Fighting Game Panel

Call of Duty Black Ops 3: Unlocking the Potential of A.I.

R1fRj9w.jpg

Time and Location TBD(Will be Saturday Morning)

Will be live streamed

When should I get in line?

Last year some people stayed all night in line. I would say 7am for a great seat, 8am for a good seat, and then it's a crap shoot.

URyexzy.jpg

Download the Playstation Experience App!

Uncharted 4 Multiplayer playable at PSX

Darkest Dungeon at PSX

Push Me Pull You at PSX

Jenny LeClue – Detectivú at PSX

Alone With You playable at PSX

Cosmic Star Heroine playable at PSX

Amplitude at PSX

Jazzpunk at PSX

Also Exclusive merch at PSX(Credit cards only, no cash)

01nm6dc.jpg

More to Come...

xem3QIE.jpg

COlArAY.jpg

-VIP Packages were available. VIP packages included premium seating, after party and a goodie bag. They are now sold out.

Payout

1st: $125,000
2nd: $60,000
3rd: $25,000
4th: $15,000
5th & 6th: $10,000 (each)
7th & 8th: $5,000 (each)

Schedule

10:00 AM — Opening Ceremony
10:30 AM — Round 1 and 2
2:00 PM — Analyst Desk
2:30 PM — Top 16 to Top 8
5:30 PM — Analyst Desk / Break
6:30 PM — Top 8
9:30 PM — Closing / Awards Ceremony

The bracket will be double elimination, best two out of three matches up to top 16. From there, all matches will be best three out of five.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/19/capcom-cup-2015-details-at-playstation-experience/

More info here

cLD9w9H.jpg

VHUtuEj.jpg

How do you nab these cards? Simple: Go play some games. We’re not revealing which booths or events will be giving them away, but you’ll find out just by exploring the show floor (or by asking for a little help from fellow attendees). As for tracking down those rare cards, you’ll have to figure that out on your own as well. Just make sure to look in your gift bag for a free tuckbox to store your new deck in!

But there’s another, secret layer to this collectible game that we can’t reveal just yet. Let’s just say that you’ll want to poke your head in every corner of the Moscone West hall to unearth more precious collectibles. Stay tuned for more details.

Please note: All PlayStation Collectible Cards are in limited supply. Once they’re gone, they’re gone

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/05/one-month-to-go-playstation-collectible-card-series-debuts-at-playstation-experience-2/

COIM7Us.jpg

Details still to be confirmed. Will be Saturday evening.

Tentative location: Golden Gate Taproom 10:30pm ish.

hZeJOOK.jpg

The convention ends at 10pm and will likely be a concert again. We can group up as the hall closes somewhere on site(for those who won't need to make a pit stop at their hotel first) then walk over.

*Location and time subject to change*

We'll meet up somewhere close to the convention center, have a drink(with our without alcohol, we don't judge here) or eat and talk about all the megatons announced at the keynote(Half Life 3 Vita Exclusive, Crash 4 Playstation VR exclusive, Lee Carvallo in Hot Shots PS4 etc), and what we played on the show floor.

If you haven't been to a NeoGAF meetup before, you should come. We always have a good time. Don't be shy, we won't bite.

Last years Alumni:

Nmfblxw.jpg

Xenorevlis has graciously decided to provide us with Official NeoGAF Meetup Lanyards for all who attend:

If you plan on attending, sign up here(quote to see link)

Note: The deadline to sign up and receive a lanyard is Thursday November 26th(Thanksgiving). You can still come to the meetup without signing up for it(or signing up late), but signups after Nov 26th may not get a lanyard.

I have a Line group started as well. Join it to keep up to date on meetup related happenings. If we end up having a last minute venue change or you are having trouble finding us etc. I'll try and keep updating the thread but I think the Line app will work better.

Quote to see line link(note apparently link works better if clicked via mobile as opposed to on PC)

MxHTghM.jpg

szKiGfh.jpg

Golden Gate Bridge

7rMXrr5.jpg

Alcatraz

QDLu3K7.jpg

Check out some Sea Lions at Fishermans Warf

rStadSE.jpg

Exploratorium - Science, Art, and Human Perception

wxs5Dwf.jpg

Watch a movie in a REAL IMAX theater at AMC Metreon 16

MzR32U9.jpg

Ride a cable car

YMVTXNs.jpg

-Snacks and Water. You're going to be waiting in line a lot to get into your favorite panels and to try the lateset games. It always helps to have snacks and beverages so you don't have to decide between waiting in line for food or going to another panel/playing another game.

-Handheld game systems. Bring your Vita and play some games with your fellow Playstation fans while in line.

-Something to sit on. The floor can be hard on the old backside. Bring a cushon with you, or for elite level line waiting, bring a slacker stool.

-A easy to carry bag. You're going to need it for all the above, plus the swag you'll get. Don't go overboard though as you will have to carry everything with you all day. You're not backpacking across Europe. Some people bring poster tubes to keep posters they acquire in good condition.

-Your cellphone battery will not last. Conventions are murder on your battery. I strongly recommend investing in a external battery pack of some kind.

-How long should you wait in line for a panel? No idea, this convention is brand new. I'd get in line early for the keynote. Everything else? 30 minutes will probably suffice if PAX is any indication. But again, new event so hard to say.

Use Hand Sanitizer Nothing worse then getting sick when you get home. Use it regularly and it doesn't hurt to bring your own.

-Get your sleep. you probably don't need the full 8 hours, but you don't want to be getting back to your hotel room at 4am and then waking up at 7 so you can be near the front of the line for when the convention center opens at 10am the next day.

-You might not be able to see/do everything. Pick your priorities and wait it out.

-Go to the GAF meetup/other meetups. My favorite part of conventions is meeting people I've been chatting online with for years. If you take the chance and do it, It'll become yours too. Doesn't have to be GAF. Are you part of a subreddit that is having a meetup at the convention? a Playstaiton Fansite etc? Consider attending them.

-Have Fun

krae_man

Second post so you don't have to quote the OP!

If you plan on attending the meetup, sign up here(quote to see link)

Note: The deadline to sign up and receive a lanyard is Thursday November 26th(Thanksgiving). You can still come to the meetup without signing up for it(or signing up late), but signups after Nov 26th may not get a lanyard.

I have a Line group started as well. Join it to keep up to date on meetup related happenings. If we end up having a last minute venue change or you are having trouble finding us etc. I'll try and keep updating the thread but I think the Line app will work better.

Quote to see Line link(note apparently link works better if clicked via mobile as opposed to on PC)

Hope to see you there!

Can't wait for this! Both my wife and I are really looking forward to attending!

December 5th is my birthday, so this will be an awesome present for me!

Since I work for them (in Chicago) we're staying at the Grand Hyatt near Union Square. Which happens to be right by the tentative meetup at the Tap Room! We will enjoy getting to meet everyone there as well.

Safe travels to everyone coming and see you there!

Hey all! PSX 2015 is near. Looking forward to some PSVR, seeing Media Molecule, Naughty Dog, and so many more. Originally thought about live-streaming some of the event from a 360 degree camera, but it doesn't seem like it'd get here in time.

Anyway, if anyone who is on the list is NOT planning on going anymore, please let me (or krae_man) know so we can remove you from the Google Doc. I will be checking with most GAF members before printing their lanyard to ensure I do the correct avatar (seasonal? lol).

For any of you who are around even longer, and want to venture out to San Jose (where I'm from) you'll find more museums, as well as the "AFK Gamer Lounge" though I've never been to it myself.

Oh and I hope you enjoy my silly graphics for the thread :p

v1lla21

Good thread krae_man and xenorevlis!
Can't wait

Oh, I don't think I'll be able to give people a ride there after all. Unless yall want to wake up super early in the morning:p I'm going depending when the line starts to show up.

-Your cellphone battery will not last. Conventions are murder on your battery. I strongly recommend investing in a external battery pack of some kind.

Turn Wifi off if you're not getting it from somewhere and turn Bluetooth off as well. Should save you a little battery juice.

edit: Didn't think of going this year b/c I'll be in LA in late December and that was already expensive, would really like to do this next year though.

gazele

Banned
I'll be there

Probably stick to mostly indie games like I did last year, so cool to play and talk to the creators of so many games

Armadilo

Banned
So like i have been saying, people that get their on Thursday. We should think about having a Video game awards viewing party

Anybody have any connections to make something happen?

Sam Bishop

Neo Member
Oh man... IT'S HAPPENING, GUYS.

Just one small correction to the OP: BART doesn't really operate on colored lines. Those are good for the maps, but there's thankfully really only one direction heading out of SFO. Take anything that's not Milbrae (which may or may not even be operating when some folks arrive) and you guys are golden. I'd hate for people to be waiting for the yellow line when they could just cruise right onto the train and get to enjoy our lovely Bay Area stank without issue.

Also, the Moscone Center is pretty centrally located; you can hoof it just about anywhere within the general Union Square area and get there almost as quickly as waiting for the buses. If you do need to take a bus for some reason, let this be your friend. Most major stops now have displays that will show GPS-accurate estimations of the time for the next bus to show up, but this lets you get ahead. Also, the Thirsty Bear is way closer and is used to huge convention crowds, so that's another option if folks need another meet-up.

This is gonna be a ton of fun, and I'm so glad you all get to come visit this amazing city I call home. I'll be stuck down in the office in San Mateo for most of Saturday putting up pages for all the stuff that gets announced on PlayStation.com after the keynote, but I'll try to head in for the last few hours if traffic isn't horrible, and I'll definitely be there on Sunday for sure. I'll be wearing my Last of Us Ellie (faded palm) shirt, so just, uh, look for a dude probably laughing too loudly all the time with a face as red as his shirt. That'll likely be me.

[edit] You WILL NOT see everything for sheer volume reasons and time limitations -- especially if some of the panels are part of the mix, so krae_man's point is especially salient: make a light schedule so you know what's happening when. If you want to watch the Capcom Cup, maybe prioritize PSVR stuff first day, if you're into that (and you should be, some of those demos will sell you if you're into VR), but they're gonna have the lines to match. Reminder that the line to play The Order last year ended up being hours long, and that this is actually a bigger space than we had in Vegas.

Oh, and hang onto those cards. Just sayin'.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
My first PlayStation Experience. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited!

I'll be there, but I'll be manning a booth the whole time. Come say hi! I'll be the big brown man with the huge beard wearing a yellow Playism shirt. We're showing off the English PS4 version of Croixleur Sigma. :)

Good thread krae_man and xenorevlis!
Can't wait

Oh, I don't think I'll be able to give people a ride there after all. Unless yall want to wake up super early in the morning:p I'm going depending when the line starts to show up.
I'll be there super early; we want to get into keynote. Who knows, may even be in SF the night before if we figure out awards viewing.

I'll be there. Good times!
Hope you're signed up, because I'm making you a badge if you're meeting up with us!

I approve of the Dart pic.
Keep fingers crossed for one day seeing a spiritual successor/sequel/remake :)

So like i have been saying, people that get their on Thursday. We should think about having a Video game awards viewing party

Anybody have any connections to make something happen?
Well, I'm lower in the Bay Area, but may be able to figure something out for that. Only issue is what time I'd have to get off of work to drive up to SF.

My first PlayStation Experience. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't excited!

I'll be there, but I'll be manning a booth the whole time. Come say hi! I'll be the big brown man with the huge beard wearing a yellow Playism shirt. We're showing off the English PS4 version of Croixleur Sigma. :)
Looking forward to checking it out, but if PSX day 1 ends early enough, sneak on over to where we'll be at!

Super excited! I know it's going to be a ton of fun

Yo v1lla21 where you at
He and I are both in San Jose. Around 40 minutes (or an hour+ with traffic) away.

I'm going to see how Airbnb prices are around the Moscone. Maybe I (or someone else) will stumble upon a place close by with a big TV that allows guests over so we can hold a viewing for the awards...

Raguel

The wife and I will be attending! First time in San Francisco too. Hope I can attend the Gaf meetup but meeting with a friend or two while I'm there so schedule is tight.

I am really pumped for this. About 6 of us are heading from Salt Lake City. Hopefully the Mosser hotel is not too much of a dump and an okay place to rest my head for the 2 nights.

Armadilo

Banned
I'm going to see how Airbnb prices are around the Moscone. Maybe I (or someone else) will stumble upon a place close by with a big TV that allows guests over so we can hold a viewing for the awards...

Is their a gaming bar in SF? Is their a place that would be showing the game awards?

If not people would just be watching from their phone in the hotel room if they get lucky and have good wifi

The wife and I will be attending! First time in San Francisco too. Hope I can attend the Gaf meetup but meeting with a friend or two while I'm there so schedule is tight.
Well, as it says up top, the meetup is around 10pmish so hopefully you can make it!

Is their a gaming bar in SF? Is their a place that would be showing the game awards?

If not people would just be watching from their phone in the hotel room if they get lucky and have good wifi
There is the AFK Gamer Lounge in San Jose, but the Golden Gate Taproom (where we will be doing the meetup) is the most "gamer" pub I'm aware of. That's why I think Airbnb would be best bet. TV, internet, space for us to all watch.

Looking forward to this. :) I'll be in town Thursday night.
Cool! Join the Line Group Chat and maybe we can all figure out the pre-show plan.

Armadilo

Banned
If something happens awesome, if not then we should go to the movies and watch, "Krampus", another option if anybody is interested

not sure if this is the right place to ask but since i see transportation info on the OP, ill ask. How does public trans work? I'm coming in to SFO and taking the yellow line. my question is more about the payment system. can i purchase a ticket that will take me to my destination or do i have to purchase a card and pre-load it with enough money to get me to where i need to go?

krae_man

not sure if this is the right place to ask but since i see transportation info on the OP, ill ask. How does public trans work? I'm coming in to SFO and taking the yellow line. my question is more about the payment system. can i purchase a ticket that will take me to my destination or do i have to purchase a card and pre-load it with enough money to get me to where i need to go?

You can buy the exact fare with cash or a debit/credit card at machines at every BART station.

They have a card system too that works with BART, Caltrain, Muni etc called Clipper.

If you are just looking to get to and from the airport you won't need that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Looking forward to checking it out, but if PSX day 1 ends early enough, sneak on over to where we'll be at!

Sounds like a plan. I have a few drinking appointments myself, but I'll do my best. :D

Have a great time for those that are going. Question, have they said when the keynote for this event will be? I assume it would be the 4th, but can't find a date and time.

I'm going again this year. Vegas was a lot of fun. Can't wait for the meet up.
Ditto. Time to get PSX #2 under my belt. I still can't believe it is close!

And krae_man, thanks for the awesome OP! The travel information from the airport to the venue is so helpful.

This is right in my city, so I'll definitely be there.

Looking forward to Playstation VR the most!

Who's all planning on going to the PS I Love You show?

Holmes

What time is registration hours for badge pickup? And the keynote is open to everyone? Just gotta wait in line?

I'd love to go to the GAF meet up but I live outside the city, so I'm taking the ferry in and out and 10:30 is too late. It's after the last ferry out of the city. :(

Kazer

Hmm, I'll actually be in San Fran during this event, but I'm not sure if I'll have time to stop by. Might buy a ticket just in case!

Triz

This is right in my city, so I'll definitely be there.

Looking forward to Playstation VR the most!

Who's all planning on going to the PS I Love You show?

Be aware, VR was the hottest ticket at the last show. If you didn't get a ticket to come back later before they were out of tickets you didn't even get a chance to try it.

You can buy the exact fare with cash or a debit/credit card at machines at every BART station.

They have a card system too that works with BART, Caltrain, Muni etc called Clipper.

If you are just looking to get to and from the airport you won't need that.

thanks for the info!!

I'll be coming into the city by Bart, so I'll probably skip out on the meetup afterwards, will be tired. About an hour drive to Dublin station . But really looking forward to going!

Top Bottom