• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

Anyone see the final promo video for this? As filmmaker / editor it made me smile because they basically made fun of the typical trailers in a structure similar to one of my other favorite PS videos (Ethos).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAADYcq8CdM

The plan to do AirBNB may not be happening as the few places available are the opposite of ideal (family residences and whatnot) so I may end up driving my group back and forth from my place Saturday night. Either that or spend a few hundred on a hotel, heh.

P.S. I may still be printing GAF badges the week after Thanksgiving, so make sure you're signed up and have an avatar setup that you want on the meetup badge :)

P.S. I may still be printing GAF badges the week after Thanksgiving, so make sure you're signed up and have an avatar setup that you want on the meetup badge :)

Just wanted to reiterate that I (and pretty sure I can safely assume we all) really appreciate you taking point on this and putting in the time to organize the meetup and make the badges, etc.. I owe you a pint.

Just wanted to reiterate that I (and pretty sure I can safely assume we all) really appreciate you taking point on this and putting in the time to organize the meetup and make the badges, etc.. I owe you a pint.
I appreciate it, though krae_man is also taking point on this so you can direct the pint to him as I don't drink. It's California, and I'm a cannabis advocate :)

Just wanted to say I booked my flight and hotel over to SF today. Looking forward to it!

Everything was a lot cheaper than I imagined it would be. Looking forward to the Keynote and seeing if Sucker Punch announces anything.

I appreciate it, though krae_man is also taking point on this so you can direct the pint to him as I don't drink. It's California, and I'm a cannabis advocate :)

Well someone is getting an appreciation pint :) As for your advocacy, I can at least point you in the direction of the dispensaries in my neighborhood lol

Well someone is getting an appreciation pint :) As for your advocacy, I can at least point you in the direction of the dispensaries in my neighborhood lol
Haha, I barely smoke anyway (mostly just use Rick Simpson oil and other topicals) but hey, maybe I'll have a single drink with all of you!

Just wanted to say I booked my flight and hotel over to SF today. Looking forward to it!

Everything was a lot cheaper than I imagined it would be. Looking forward to the Keynote and seeing if Sucker Punch announces anything.
You and me both! Been bugging some of my industry friends to see if they know anything but nothing yet (nor would I be able to share) :p

Really looking forward to being there and meeting you guys. The badges are a fantastic idea :)
Looking forward to it as well! Going to continue making more badges today once I get off of work.

Jeels

I won't be arriving into SF until 11 pm. Am u fine taking public transport and walking around downtown to my hotel?

I won't be arriving into SF until 11 pm. Am u fine taking public transport and walking around downtown to my hotel?

Arriving when? Friday night? Where is your hotel and how close is it to a Muni station? In general, walking around downtown at night, even late night, is fine-- men in particular-- with the exception of certain areas of SOMA and the Tenderloin (the areas closer to Civic Center and Powell station).

Jeels

Arriving when? Friday night? Where is your hotel and how close is it to a Muni station? In general, walking around downtown at night, even late night, is fine-- men in particular-- with the exception of certain areas of SOMA and the Tenderloin (the areas closer to Civic Center and Powell station).

Thursday night.

Google is telling me to get off at Civic Center/UN Plaza and then its a 12 minute walk.

(I could potentially Uber it from the tram stop...?)

Thursday night.

Google is telling me to get off at Civic Center/UN Plaza and then its a 12 minute walk.

(I could potentially Uber it from the tram stop...?)

Civic Center at night is packed with dealers and junkies. If you're arriving late then I'd get off at Powell Station (one station/4 blocks removed from Civic Center) since there are a lot more regular folks there as well as being better lit, etc.. and you can Uber/Lyft/Cab from there easy to wherever you're going.

Civic Center at night is packed with dealers and junkies. If you're arriving late then I'd get off at Powell Station (one station/4 blocks removed from Civic Center) since there are a lot more regular folks there as well as being better lit, etc.. and you can Uber/Lyft/Cab from there easy to wherever you're going.
This is the best advice. Seriously, SF at night (in certain areas) is not fun to walk through alone.

Excited about that panel, though! Cory Barlog, Jenova Chen, Kareem Ettouney, and Greg Kasavin? Oh man, we gotta be at this! Also still keeping my fingers crossed for Sucker Punch's next project to be unveiled. At least a teaser :)

I'm staying at Downtown Hostel @ 312 Mason street near Union square. Any words of advice on the area? I'll be arriving on a Tuesday and plan to Explore areas by myself throughout the week.

I'm staying at Downtown Hostel @ 312 Mason street near Union square. Any words of advice on the area? I'll be arriving on a Tuesday and plan to Explore areas by myself throughout the week.

That's a great location to do pretty much anything you want in the city; You are a very close to some of the major public transportation lines that crisscross the city (e.g. 38/38R bus, N Judah light rail) as well as walking distance to Chinatown, Polk Street (bars, if you're interested), The Ferry Building and Embarcadero, not to mention the Moscone Center for PSX. You're right next to Geary Blvd. which has a ton of art galleries of different stripes if you're looking for something free to do while wandering about. You're also a quick Bart ride (Bart is a different system than the SF Muni transportation but they share stations Downtown) to the Castro & Mission districts. If you have time, I'd recommend checking out Musée Mécanique over at Pier 45 in Fisherman's Wharf. It's a collection of old school penny arcade games and machines. Some very cool stuff in there.

Lastly, I don't know if you have any particular dietary restrictions, but if you want to keep it cheap you can easily find places in the Tenderloin, particularly the western area around the Little Saigon section (Larkin & O'Farrell down to Larkin & Eddy). If Pizza is your jam I'd recommend Napoli @ Polk & Post simply because they're cheap and all slices are made to order. There's plenty of Thai, Ethiopian, Middle Eastern, Central Asian, Indian, Chinese, and Japanese too in the neighborhood. Yelp is your friend ;)

vetrox

Chasm
Dark Souls 3
Day of the Tentacle Remastered
Drifter
EITR
Enter the Gungeon
Firewatch
GNOG
Gravity Rush Remastered
Revolver360 RE:Actor
Salt and Sanctuary
Strike Vector
The Tomorrow Children
Wattam

Many interesting titles, hopefully they will all be playable.

Here's hoping for some impressions of Strike Vector on PS4.

That's a great location to do pretty much anything you want in the city; You are a very close to some of the major public transportation lines that crisscross the city (e.g. 38/38R bus, N Judah light rail) as well as walking distance to Chinatown, Polk Street (bars, if you're interested), The Ferry Building and Embarcadero, not to mention the Moscone Center for PSX. You're right next to Geary Blvd. which has a ton of art galleries of different stripes if you're looking for something free to do while wandering about. You're also a quick Bart ride (Bart is a different system than the SF Muni transportation but they share stations Downtown) to the Castro & Mission districts. If you have time, I'd recommend checking out Musée Mécanique over at Pier 45 in Fisherman's Wharf. It's a collection of old school penny arcade games and machines. Some very cool stuff in there.

Lastly, I don't know if you have any particular dietary restrictions, but if you want to keep it cheap you can easily find places in the Tenderloin, particularly the western area around the Little Saigon section (Larkin & O'Farrell down to Larkin & Eddy). If Pizza is your jam I'd recommend Napoli @ Polk & Post simply because they're cheap and all slices are made to order. There's plenty of Thai, Ethiopian, Middle Eastern, Central Asian, Indian, Chinese, and Japanese too in the neighborhood. Yelp is your friend ;)

Thanks for that, really appreciated! I love Pizza, so I'll definitely try a slice or two

krae_man

New Panel announced:

Uncharted 4: Stories from the Performance Capture Set

Also Exclusive merch at PSX(Credit cards only, no cash)

01nm6dc.jpg

Daigr

Really looking forward to this. Coming in from Toronto. First gaming show.

Looks like I will miss festivities on the Saturday night. Brother in law got us hockey tickets in San Jose.

7am looks like a decent time to wait for the conference; I was thinking 5.

v1lla21

Last year some people stayed all night in line. I would say 7am for a great seat, 8am for a good seat, and then it's a crap shoot.
Thanks. I've been asking people who went last year and no one answered me. I'll probably be in line around 6am. Can't wait to meet you and the rest of yall!

krae_man

Really looking forward to this. Coming in from Toronto. First gaming show.

Looks like I will miss festivities on the Saturday night. Brother in law got us hockey tickets in San Jose.

7am looks like a decent time to wait for the conference; I was thinking 5.

You know, Toronto-GAF has a meetup every 2-3 months right? If you can't make the PSX meetup, you should come to a TO-GAF meetup.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=997994

Triz

I got in line at 6:45 last year as was about 75 people deep. Kicked myself because the first 50 got access for the 20th anniversary PS4.

Hope to meet some of you there! Had some great chats with the Gaf crew in Vegas last year!
Yeah, it was a real pleasure chatting with you last year. At no point in time did I feel like I was talking to the VP of Publisher and Developer Relations at SCEA. Rather, I felt like I was chatting with one of my gamer friends, passionately discussing our favorite hobby. Kudos to you, that goes a long way to showcase the type of person you are. Here's to next weekend!

Last year some people stayed all night in line. I would say 7am for a great seat, 8am for a good seat, and then it's a crap shoot.

I'm terribly sorry for contributing to the bombardment of your twitter mentions. Then again, I did contribute the word "shenanigans" to your keynote speech last year in the thread, so... I think we're probably even. :)

Abdiel

I'm staying at the Hilton at union square. Says it's a half mile walk each way.

Definitely going to be trying to stay on site all day Saturday.

I can't drink alcohol guys, but I'm totally up for going to the Gaf meet up. And Adam, I'd love to shake your hand, haha. You're delivery at e3 this year was amazing.

(Lunch time at black Friday second shift. I'm so tired)

ZarKryn7

I wont be able to come again this year sadly. Ive always managed to come to the E3 theater experience twice now. Talking about expectations, hopes, and dreams is with other PlayStation fans is pretty awesome. I can't imagine how much more awesome it is to play, eat, and just hang out with them for two full days.

AcridMeat

Banned
Every year I forget about this event even though it's right here. Hope it's a blast fellas.

edit: Slight chance I might be able to go.

Elios83

What time is the conference scheduled to begin? I'm reading the event starts on Saturday 10am but it's not a conference specific time.
I guess it will be put among the events to follow on the PS4 later this week anyway similarly to the PGW conference.

luffeN

What time is the conference scheduled to begin? I'm reading the event starts on Saturday 10am but it's not a conference specific time.
I guess it will be put among the events to follow on the PS4 later this week anyway similarly to the PGW conference.

Just what I wanted to ask! Do we have a time yet?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

Was 10AM last year if that means anything

Top Bottom