• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSX (Playstation Experience) Attendees Thread Dec 5-6 2015

Abdiel

I'm flying in from New Hampshire. I told my managers they had no choice. So I got the time off. I never take vacations.

Booyah!

Pejo

Gold Member
Ah screw it, I just upgraded to the 2 day, was originally Saturday Only. I plan on trying each VR demo, so now I won't be so rushed.

krae_man

Yea, this is what I want to know. Hopefully not like day before since I'd like to see some of San Francisco.

There were people who lined up 12 hours in advance last year but 6-7am and you were fine.

That's just a guess though, I dont know the capacity of the hall or how well PSX has sold compared to last year.

There were people who lined up 12 hours in advance last year. 6-7am you should be fine.

That's just a guess though, Ibdont know the capacity of the hall or how well PSX has sold compared to last year.

Last year we lined up about 2 hours before and had a great seats. I have no idea how big the conference hall is though....

Anyone have any recommendations on places to eat. I am hoping for some good food but not breaking the bank for food. And hopefully places that are close to the Moscone Center. Great burger recommendations would be much appreciated.

Nicko

Awesome Thread OP! Thanks again Xeno for making the awesome lanyards! Getting super hyped for this and can't wait to meet a bunch of you guys and gals in person!

Cheers!

Nicko

Shenmue

Banned
Is the area around the Moscone center safe? I'm looking at some hostels cause it's cheap. Will I be able to avoid getting stabbed?

How long is the train ride roughly from the Oakland Airport to Powell St?

I'm trying to figure out which airport I can fly into Saturday morning. Thanks in advance!

Earliest flight gets into SFO at 9:30 am, and OAK at 8:25 am. Could anyone recommend?

viveks86

Anybody wants a free 2 day pass? I'm not going to make it so I've decided to give mine away. I'm gonna need a ton of details to change the registration to your name. So PM me if you are interested :)

P.S: And don't be a fucking scalper. I will hunt you downnn

P.P.S: actually, you won't be able to resell it as only I can change the registration details. Mwahahahaha

UPDATE: Annnnd it's gone. Enjoy! :D

Anybody wants a free 2 day pass? I'm not going to make it so I've decided to give mine away. I'm gonna need a ton of details to change the registration to your name. So PM me if you are interested :)

P.P.S: actually, you won't be able to resell it as only I can change the registration details. Mwahahahaha

Awh, Viveks86... sad to miss meeting you. If no one else claims it immediately, RaymaNv8 would love a pass, BUT I have to check if he is able to get the weekend off. He just started working at FedEx.

I was under the impression that you cannot exchange a pass its tied to your name. If i'm wrong I have two 1 day passes up for grabs I can't make it after all.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I was under the impression that you cannot exchange a pass its tied to your name. If i'm wrong I have two 1 day passes up for grabs I can't make it after all.

Last time they didn't check our identities and let kids in even though it was 17+ I think. Could be different this time.

P.S. Can I have your passes? :p

viveks86

I checked today and it seems like I can login to the website and change the registration name. So it does seem possible. Would rather give it away to a fellow gaffer than waste it.

viveks86

Awh, Viveks86... sad to miss meeting you. If no one else claims it immediately, RaymaNv8 would love a pass, BUT I have to check if he is able to get the weekend off. He just started working at FedEx.

Yeah me too. Life getting in the way. Can you find out from your friend and let me know soon?

kanuuna

tIAD1L9.jpg

Abzu

I was wondering when we'd be seeing more of this. I personally can't wait to see how that thing might look on PC, though.

rje

I'll be there! Can't wait.

One other conference tip: Getting sick at a conference can be brutal, do what you can to stay healthy. Hand sanitizer is your friend after playing a demo.

I was demoing at PAX East earlier this year and got sick - spiked a fever and the congestion blew out an ear drum on the flight home. Don't be me. Stay healthy.

By the way, for those dreading long line waits, consider getting one of these on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VE6JSW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This thing has saved me DOZENS of times waiting in line for stuff. Packs up really small, is super strong, and is very lightweight.

It's significantly taller than a small camping stool, and therefore easier to hop on.
Looks pretty good, not sure if I could carry it on a plane though:/

I wish I could go. Hope you all have a good time. I'm looking forward to the press conference though. Bring on Sony Bend's new game and the next GOW.

Cool. I might leave Friday but I didn't get a hotel room for that night :( just Saturday night.

I'm going to see how Airbnb prices are around the Moscone. Maybe I (or someone else) will stumble upon a place close by with a big TV that allows guests over so we can hold a viewing for the awards...

So I know we don't really know each other but if you guys are legit looking for a place to stay Friday night, I have a room at The Courtyard, which is a couple of blocks away from the Moscone center. It has two queen beds and I have one other person with me who can share a bed with me. Just let me know if this is something you want to do. I swear I'm not a creep!

Also anyone else who has gotten a hotel and is driving in find it ridiculous that you have to pay between 40-60 dollars a day to park at the hotel you're staying at?

LifeLike

Where is "The Last Guardian"?
I hope we'll get some news on this title.

You guys will be able to try the latest SFV build and play some Dark Souls 3.

I envy u.

Yeah me too. Life getting in the way. Can you find out from your friend and let me know soon?

Sad that you can't make it this time around Viveks. You were a good part of last years crazy hype thread.

I'm going to this one as well.

Also, I'm staying in Mission St Daily City. How difficult will it be to get there from Oakland airport and from there to Wescone Center?

Is Uber a good option in SF? Nervous as I've never been there, and when I went to Las Vegas last year I stayed in a hotel pretty close to the convention.

KC Denton

Sad that you can't make it this time around Viveks. You were a good part of last years crazy hype thread.

Also, I'm staying in Mission St Daily City. How difficult will it be to get there from Oakland airport and from there to Wescone Center?

Is Uber a good option in SF? Nervous as I've never been there, and when I went to Las Vegas last year I stayed in a hotel pretty close to the convention.

Regarding Uber, the last couple of times I used it in SF, the drivers came to pick me up relatively quickly and there wasn't anything to complain about in regards to service. I'd say it's pretty decent at the very least.

Regarding Uber, the last couple of times I used it in SF, the drivers came to pick me up relatively quickly and there wasn't anything to complain about in regards to service. I'd say it's pretty decent at the very least.

And as far as price goes? I've never use their service.

rc213

Looks like I might actually go to this, Still trying to iron out the details of travel and hotel. Never been to one of these types of events even though I live 5 minutes away from the E3 location.

Might even try and go to the meetup.

First time in SF too but I don't think I'll venture out into the city much this time.

viveks86

:)

Yeah last year was awesome! Really enjoyed the the thread, the event, writing about it etc. Have fun! I think I'll still get to watch the press conference live...

You should have no trouble with Uber. You might get better prices with Lyft though. I use both interchangeably and both are often way cheaper than regular cabs. But I don't think you will get either at the Oakland airport. You will probably have to take an airport cab from there.

:)

You should have no trouble with Uber. You might get better prices with Lyft though. I use both interchangeably and both are often way cheaper than regular cabs. But I don't think you will get either at the Oakland airport. You will probably have to take an airport cab from there.

I'd recommend people just take BART from OAK to downtown SF (if that's where they're staying) unless they've got money to burn for an Uber or Lyft-- both of which you can catch to/from SFO and OAK due to newer regulations-- or they're arriving at a time where they don't feel safe messing with public transportation. I'd also definitely use UberPool or LyftLine since it'll cut your costs dramatically. I recently took took a LyftLine home from SFO and it was about $8 less than Uber's price-- though Lyft's price you'll need to factor in a tip, whereas with Uber you're not expected to.

Looking forward to making my way over to wherever the meetup ends up being! GGTR is definitely big enough if so... and it's late enough that wherever it is, all the day's sporting events will have concluded by then.

viveks86

I'd recommend people just take BART from OAK to downtown SF (if that's where they're staying) unless they've got money to burn for an Uber or Lyft-- both of which you can catch to/from SFO and OAK due to newer regulations-- or they're arriving at a time where they don't feel safe messing with public transportation. I'd also definitely use UberPool or LyftLine since it'll cut your costs dramatically. I recently took took a LyftLine home from SFO and it was about $8 less than Uber's price-- though Lyft's price you'll need to factor in a tip, whereas with Uber you're not expected to.

Looking forward to making my way over to wherever the meetup ends up being! GGTR is definitely big enough if so... and it's late enough that wherever it is, all the day's sporting events will have concluded by then.

I'll admit. This is wayyy better advice than mine :D

I just realized the Google Doc listed 50 people (though I've highlighted viveks in red since he can't make it). If even just a fifth of the people show up, that's still going to be more than 10 which will be cool. My group of friends will be at least 4 people, plus some GAF members I know in real life.

Actually, if anyone on the list CANNOT make it please contact me or krae_man via PM. Everyone else make sure you have an avatar you want on the badge as I've begun making the images for them (you can see in the Google Doc green highlights across people to signify that).

I didn't attend last year, so what are the details with picking up badges? I assume we can't just print out our badge online to avoid the registration line? The event starts at 10a, so does that mean we can't pick up badges until 10a or do they hand them out earlier so that people can start entering at 10a immediately?

krae_man

I didn't attend last year, so what are the details with picking up badges? I assume we can't just print out our badge online to avoid the registration line? The event starts at 10a, so does that mean we can't pick up badges until 10a or do they hand them out earlier so that people can start entering at 10a immediately?

The confirmation email says where you can pick up badges but not when. I have not seen times announced anywhere.

Last year you could pick up badges the day before and during the convention. It's crazy to think it's next weekend!

Top Bottom