• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puppies am cry: Cammie Dunaway leaves Nintendo and video game industry

Sadist

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/112/1122120p1.html

After nearly three years as Nintendo of America's executive vice president of Sales & Marketing, Cammie Dunaway announced she is moving on. Dunaway accepted a new position outside of the video games industry and will leave on October 1.

"We appreciate Cammie's contributions to Nintendo and the role she played in bringing the Wii and Nintendo DS experiences to millions of people," said Reggie Fils-Aime, Nintendo of America's president and chief operating officer. "Her team and the rest of Nintendo of America remain focused on our goal of maintaining the incredible momentum Nintendo enjoys heading into the busy holiday season."

"I'm thankful for my time with Nintendo and proud of our team's accomplishments in growing the Nintendo audience," Dunaway said. "I look forward to watching the continued growth of the Nintendo brand in the years ahead."

Dunaway joined Nintendo in November 2007. It's unknown what her new position is.

Go ahead GAF.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Three years doesn't seem that long, not for a career.

Rich!

m-bison-yes-o.gif

yessss

Dunaway joined Nintendo in November 2007. It's unknown what her new position is.

Hm, I'm not sure. What would she enjoy?

dankir

Did she ever learn how to play video games over the course of 3 years? Or does she still keeping dying right away?

Guess Nintendo has done away with her. Interesting how Nintendo seems to losing all their western corporate faces. Reggie is still awesome but he's in the shadows now.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
B-B-B-BUT WHO WILL TELL ME TO WAIT FOR THE HARDCORE GAMES NOW!?

rumor has it that the new executive vice president of sales and marketing will have the videogame knowledge of two Cammie Dunaways duct-taped together.

farnham

Banned
yeah she was not a good presenter and i really dont care if she leaves or not.
hopefully reggie finds someone better then her.

snoopeasystreet said:
rumor has it that the new executive vice president of sales and marketing will have the videogame knowledge of two Cammie Dunaways duct-taped together.
is this a human centepede reference ?

because the thought of it alone leaves me in disgust

GDGF

Soothsayer
She probably saw the writing on the wall after her diminished role at E3 and said fuck it once a new job was lined up.

faridmon

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I liked here :( screw you GAF, its because of you lot that she went away.

good luck to her at the new job.

I kind of hope that she never ever saw any of the nerd-hate directed at her, and that she is moving on blissfully unaware!

The sales & marketing division can't exactly be seen to have done badly, she just maybe wasn't the right choice for that first on stage E3 presentation.

7threst

Sadist said:
Peter, you are the only human being on messageboards I've seen who liked her. :lol

I know, but I AM the initiator of the Dutch chapter of the Cammie Defence Force, so I'm kinda forced into sadness right now... :(

:D

Rich!

They should replace her with Reggie's identical twin. Two of them, on stage, kicking ass and taking names.

raviolico said:

If Nintendo do announce the 3DS is not coming out in the west this year, I guarantee this will be the first image posted. :lol

farnham said:
yeah she was not a good presenter and i really dont care if she leaves or not.
hopefully reggie finds someone better then her.

How can you not know what two _____ duct-taped together is a reference to. This is NeoGAF dude.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Also, their next big thing is the 3DS, and she was brought in (seemingly) to sell more systems to casuals. They probably want a new VP for their new 'hardcore' push.

(which also explains her diminished role at E3 this year)

richisawesome said:
They should replace her with Reggie's identical twin. Two of them, on stage, kicking ass and taking names.

I'm down for this. They could dramatise it like that time when there were two Undertakers in the WWF!

farnham said:

Reference to the Wii being two Gamecubes duct-taped together. I think.

EDIT: beaten like a bad puppy.

Rich!

radioheadrule83 said:
I'm down for this. They could dramatise it like that time when there were two Undertakers in the WWF!

And while they're strutting their stuff, Iwata will descend down from the ceiling, as light beams down from the heavens onto the 3DS he holds out in his hands. The two Reggies and Iwata will then combine into one super-being, and thusly the prophecy shall be fulfilled.

Top Bottom