• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

Celine

What kind of review numbers does the game have on the various eShops? Last time I check the US eShop had over 500 reviews for the game. Granted you can't use that to judge how successful a game will be but at least it's something. Curious as to what it looks like on the Japan and Europe eShops.
It was 44 ( only Italy I believe ) an hour ago.

So really a nifty puzzle game but the basic levels were a bit a pain in the ass to do, so boring.
Done the first 37 stages and seems to start to pent up the puzzle design.

It was 44 ( only Italy I believe ) an hour ago.

So really a nifty puzzle game but the basic levels were a bit a pain in the ass to do, so boring.
Done the first 37 stages and seems to start to pent up the puzzle design.

Yeah, after you get access to pipes and buttons, things start to really pick up. Then, you start getting really big levels.

It's a very nice difficulty curve.

sakipon

What kind of review numbers does the game have on the various eShops? Last time I check the US eShop had over 500 reviews for the game. Granted you can't use that to judge how successful a game will be but at least it's something. Curious as to what it looks like on the Japan and Europe eShops.

It was released earlier in Japan, but their eShop shows 3607 reviews.

102 reviews on the German store. For reference, Freakyforms has 575, Links Awakening has 2806 and Excitebike has 3821.

No, you just give a rating on a five point scale (like on the PSN store) and answer some very, very basic questions with predefined answers about the game and who you think it's suited for.

M3d10n

The eShop reviews are a terrible way to gauge sales because the eShop never reminds people about submitting them and the option to do so is not so obvious. But Pushmo already has more reviews than top-sellers like Plants vs Zombies.

3608 reviews in Japan.

★★★★★ 2851
★★★★☆ 621
★★★☆☆ 78
★★☆☆☆ 26
★☆☆☆☆ 32

Roto13

The eShop reviews are a terrible way to gauge sales because the eShop never reminds people about submitting them and the option to do so is not so obvious. But Pushmo already has more reviews than top-sellers like Plants vs Zombies.

I dunno. I do more eShop reviews than PSN reviews because there's a button on the front page of the eShop to recommend games you've played for at least an hour.

Completed number 100 yesterday night. First time the 3DS actually ran out of battery as I was playing it. Hadn't even noticed the red flickering light.

It may very well be a terrible way to gauge sales from a numerical standpoint, but in terms of comparing the games to each other, it actually does a pretty good job.

I actually track monthly ratings numbers on the US eShop (because I'm obsessive over numbers and all that):
http://thirdrateminion.blogspot.com/2011/12/eshop-sales-ratings-november-2011.html

The Ratings Top 20, November:
1 The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
2 FreakyForms: Your Creations, Alive!
3 Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
4 Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
5 Plants vs. Zombies
6 3D Classics: Excitebike
7 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
8 Super Mario Land
9 Photo Dojo
10 Inchworm Animation
11 Kirby's Dream Land
12 Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
13 Bloons TD
14 Cave Story
15 Let's Golf! 3D
16 Donkey Kong
17 Zenonia
18 Mario Clock
19 Anonymous Notes Chapter 1 - From the Abyss
20 GO Series: 10 Second Run

Nintendo's Official Top 20, November:
1 The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition
2 FreakyForms: Your Creations, Alive!
3 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
4 Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
5 Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
6 Thriller
7 Plants vs. Zombies
8 Super Mario Land
9 Kirby's Dream Land
10 Photo Dojo
11 Bloons TD
12 Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
13 Night of the Living Carrots
14 Pyramids
15 GO Series: 10 Second Run
16 Cut the Rope
17 Let's Golf! 3D
18 Inchworm Animation
19 Mario Clock
20 Nintendo Countdown Calender
(and most of those here which were not in the Ratings Top 20 were <10 outside it)

There are some discrepancies, yes, particularly by the 3D videos' performance. Still, the monthly ratings are decent barometers of sales, considering we get no other information other than developer commentary. Unfortunately, given some ratings numbers, this does not bode well for some DSiWare devs :/

Considering Freaky Forms and Let's Golf 3D are close to 2000 after being online for a month and about five months, respectively, for Pushmo to already have 500+ ratings in less than a week is a good sign for its sales, comparatively of course.

---

Back on topic, Pushmo has been messing with my life. I keep wanting to find more ingenious puzzles. I'm over half-way done with the main game, but if people keep making more Pushmos, I don't think this will end any time soon <3

I'll get to posting some Pushmo soon!

Sinthetic

I am actually awesome at this. I never thought I'd make it past 100, but here I am at 140 and I'm still doing ok. I'm actually getting a good flow going, those final 2 levels on Mural 2 were both 4 stars and I ripped 'em a new one in a minute or two flat.

Good work Mr Sin. Absolutely love this, fucking awesome!

Celine

Damn, I'm hooked.
Done another 18 stages.
Still too easy but there was a couple with decent challenge.

EDIT:
I'm at the point now where beating a level is really satisfying because they're pretty tough.
What level are you ?
Just for reference.

Truth101

Banned
Designing difficult stages is harder than it seemed it would be at first. I always seem to leave an easy way to get to the flag in. =C

M3d10n

Completed Murals 2 and I think I've got climbing "pure" levels (no manholes or switches) down to an art. It's so satisfying to tear through the level almost entirely by intuition.

rj118

L7eGr.jpg

Not a very fun level to beat, maybe I'll work on that aspect tomorrow. I'm off to bed for now though, I'm glad I finally got past level 107

I fucking hate No. 132

Do they really expect me to jump from side of the white block to the other? I can't make that jump

I require assistance

I fucking hate No. 132

Do they really expect me to jump from side of the white block to the other? I can't make that jump

I require assistance

No.

Pull the brown block on the right all the way out. pull the white block out by 2, pull the pink out by 1. Then you can jump from the pink to the white to the brown. The rest should be easy.

Sinthetic

I fucking hate No. 132

I require assistance

I was nervous about doing this level after reading your post, but I got to it and did it in less than 30 seconds. :D

Up to 155 now, some of these levels are so frickin' sweet.

Lijik

This game is really awesome !
I wish I made a game like that : simple and so addictive. Congratulations to Intelligent System, once again.

I hope you'll enjoy them !

Cant't wait to try these as well as that Freaky Form one in the latest batch from japan

this game is amazing, but how do I beat level 36? I feel stupid.. maybe I'm missing something.. any hints? :)

You pull the pink piece two spaces out, then you pull the blue one all the way out (you have to side-pull here). Then pull the white piece one space out, you jump on the blue piece, you push the pink piece all the way in and from there the rest should be obvious.

la_briola

You pull the pink piece two spaces out, then you pull the blue one all the way out (you have to side-pull here). Then pull the white piece one space out, you jump on the blue piece, you push the pink piece all the way in and from there the rest should be obvious.

How could I not see this? Thank you! :)

Effect

Maybe I shouldn't be but I'm still a bit surprised by how much praise the game is getting from those that have played it. It totally deserves it I feel. I do wish it was getting more attention on gaming sites though instead of being treated as just another download game.

Sinthetic

I just did level 170. Fucking yesssss. I feel like the King now.

I've gone from puzzle noob, to level 170, seriously man?

I really like the Family level, I tried a few of the levels posted in here too, I really liked Santa, the climbing backwards level where you had to jump down once you climb to the top (that level stumped me!). I also tried the Ni No Kuni level and the Batman level, they were really cool. Love the look of the Ducktales and Purple Yoshi + loads more. Great work guys.

P.S - QR are codes are magical. Let's start up a Fan Club farnham.

EDIT: P.P.S - Panama, your level "Platforming" is a beast. Best I've played so far.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like an idiot since I can't figure out lesson 10 -.-.

blackflag

I'm so annoyed. I been in a hotel in SF (Hyatt Embarcadero) for a week. Can't connect 3DS to hotel Internet. Can't get it to connect to my work guest network. I'm bored and want to play this but it looks like I'll have to suffer until Friday.

/firstworldproblems

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I love this thread. I love this thread so much.

This game better sell truckloads. I'm so addicted, it's disgusting... plus, i'm not even done with finals! T_T

Top Bottom