• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pushmo/Pullblox |OT| of pushing, pulling and QR codes

Just finished the main game... ha ha, the ending features a shocking twist in which the antagonist's true motivation was revealed! Time to move on to the bonus Pushmo.

Question about the end credits...
Do you get anything if you collect all of the stars? I missed a few at the beginning because I didn't realize you can jump.

hitmon

Not sure if this has already been answered, but does Pushmo reward coins from nintendo club (like buying a retail game)?

blackflag

Oh I'm stupid. I didn't know 3ds had a browser. Connected to hotel Internet and downloaded. I've done 20 of them so far and they are really fun. Can't wait for the difficulty increase

PKrockin

Bought this game as soon as I heard it was by Intelligent Systems, but I haven't started it yet. Good to hear all the positive feedback. I just hope I don't get as addicted as I was to Mario's Picross.

Roto13

Not sure if this has already been answered, but does Pushmo reward coins from nintendo club (like buying a retail game)?

You can get 10 coins for doing the registration survey withing 7 days of purchase and then another 10 coins for doing the post play survey after 7 days.

branny

I swear they made you automatically begin the next puzzle just to make it harder to stop playing.

I'm on like puzzle 100 right now and can't remember when I started.

Awesome game...got that "just one more " catch to it....DEFINITELY worth the 7$ for anyone on the fence.

would've liked multiple profiles though as now my GF stuck waiting for me to finish (she could just redo everything i do but thats not the same)

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
This game is ridiculously fun.

It's honestly one of the best 3DS games available right now. I love it.

hitmon

You can get 10 coins for doing the registration survey withing 7 days of purchase and then another 10 coins for doing the post play survey after 7 days.

Thanks! Now I just need to decide on how to get this. How secure is it using the credit card on the 3ds eshop?

Celine

Just finished the main game... ha ha, the ending features a shocking twist in which the antagonist's true motivation was revealed! Time to move on to the bonus Pushmo.

Question about the end credits...
Do you get anything if you collect all of the stars? I missed a few at the beginning because I didn't realize you can jump.

How many levels are there?

Sinthetic

The Special Challenges are no joke dude. I'm solving them, but they are much more intense than anything, even the Deluxe Murals.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
A couple more puzzles I've been working on. They're not going to completely stump anyone but they should give you a decent challenge I think.

0Qyeg.jpg

bQfLN.jpg

Sinthetic

Done, all 198 levels plus
all 100 stars
during the credits.

Amazing game. Absolutely incredible. 21 hours played (probably 2 of those were scanning in levels)... I would definitely have paid £29.99 for that perfect experience.

depward

Thanks to the buzz here & thanks to the eShop update that allowed me to only pay the remaining amount of money ($2.50ish) to purchase, I had to buy this.

Expecting great things!

MrCheez

President/Creative Director of Grumpyface Studios
Loving this brilliant and charming game... and before checking this thread I had no idea you could create or upload your own puzzles!! DANG (only played for twenty mins so far.. back to it!)

Just wondering, does the game let you create levels that are impossible?
Or does it have some way of alerting you while designing?
Looks great, gonna pick up but after i make a dent in the Ambassador games!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Just wondering, does the game let you create levels that are impossible?
Or does it have some way of alerting you while designing?
Looks great, gonna pick up but after i make a dent in the Ambassador games!

It wont let you generate a qr code for a user created game you haven't beaten yourself.

If I may use a meme, long tutorial is long. Finally finished it though. Very enjoyable mechanics. Looking forward to when these get tough.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Use the 3DS browser and upload just like you'd do on a PC. When you tap a "select file" button on an website you can choose a file from your pictures to upload.

:-o

seady

This game needs more attention.
This is one of the very few times I found out about a game from the store instead of from game media beforehand. Nintendo why can't u put at least a dollar to market this game?

This is basically the new Picross or Puzzle League game from Nintendo.

Need help with No. 169

Fuck me! I picked skip to next by accident. I still want help

EDIT: And you can help me with 170 as well. Frustrated and can't think

Reclaimer

Only on puzzle 65 or so, but man am I addicted!

Tied with Shantae for my favorite DS downloadable game.

Waiting for the bizarre Catherine/Pushmo crossover/slash-fic.

Need help with No. 169

Fuck me! I picked skip to next by accident. I still want help

EDIT: And you can help me with 170 as well. Frustrated and can't think

169:
You first need to pull the lower dark brown block all the way out. Then climb over it to the left and pull the light brown block out by two so you can pull the orange block inside it out by one, then push the light brown back in. Go back around to the right and climb up the dark brown block. Pull the orange block that's on top of it all the way out so you can pull the higher dark brown out by two, then push the orange back in so you can pull the light yellow all the way out. Then go to the left, and climb onto the higher dark brown using the first orange block that you pulled out earlier, pull out the light brown and use it to climb over to the top of the yellow block. From there it should be easy for you to reach the flag.

170: Don't feel like typing out the entire solution so I'll give you a hint.
Once you get up to the ostrich's body you need to drop down and pull out the 1x1 medium peach block, and use it to pull the medium peach block to the right all the way out. This will let you push the light peach block above it out by 2, so you can work your way over to the dark peach switch. Also, make sure to pull out the big block on the left part of the ostrich's body out by one, so you can use it to get over to the neck.

After I reach the goal, I jump off the Pushmo and let my character fall almost to the ground. Then I rewind until I'm right above the rescued child and let go of the rewind button. It's my little victory dance.

Unicorn

Trailer for this game didn't really excite me, but the editor features and sharing did look interesting. I come to GAF and see this.

Is the gameplay actually good? To me it looked almost like a simple LBP, where the content creation is really neat, but the actual playing of the game has little challenge and subpar gameplay.

Am I wrong? What challenges are provided? From the trailer it looked like you just pull/push blocks to climb higher. Is there more to this?

I need a reason to use my 3DS for more than a portable emulator for NES and GBA games!

Trailer for this game didn't really excite me, but the editor features and sharing did look interesting. I come to GAF and see this.

Is the gameplay actually good? To me it looked almost like a simple LBP, where the content creation is really neat, but the actual playing of the game has little challenge and subpar gameplay.

Am I wrong? What challenges are provided? From the trailer it looked like you just pull/push blocks to climb higher. Is there more to this?

I need a reason to use my 3DS for more than a portable emulator for NES and GBA games!

The pushing/pulling mechanic may seem simple, but it can be very complicated figuring out how the blocks need to be manipulated in order to climb to the top. About halfway through the game adds two new mechanics - ladders which can warp you to different parts of the stage, and switches that automatically pull out blocks of a certain color - which increase the complexity even further. I guarantee that there will be many puzzles which will take you a long time to figure out.

Unicorn

The pushing/pulling mechanic may seem simple, but it can be very complicated figuring out how the blocks need to be manipulated in order to climb to the top. About halfway through the game adds two new mechanics - ladders which can warp you to different parts of the stage, and switches that automatically pull out blocks of a certain color - which increase the complexity even further. I guarantee that there will be many puzzles which will take you a long time to figure out.

Well, for $7 I'll give it a go then. I initially thought Picross would be easy mode, but all of them provide a great challenge. Now I just need to find my 3DS charger...

branny

I definitely agree with this. The game starts off rather slow and unassuming, but once you get access to manholes and color switches, everything ramps up so nicely. You'll be traveling all over each puzzle, pushing and pulling from every direction, needing to keep the entire area in mind, not just focusing on what's immediately above you. Because the mechanics are so simple, everything's easy to grasp, yet how they all work in tandem provides enough complexity to really make Pushmo shine.

Unicorn

I definitely agree with this. The game starts off rather slow and unassuming, but once you get access to manholes and color switches, everything ramps up so nicely. You'll be traveling all over each puzzle, pushing and pulling from every direction, needing to keep the entire area in mind, not just focusing on what's immediately above you. Because the mechanics are so simple, everything's easy to grasp, yet how they all work in tandem provides enough complexity to really make Pushmo shine.

Yeah, the training/tutorial is going at a snail's pace:

Character does an action, showing a new mechanic.
Old man, "Hey, see that person is doing this thing wrong? Hey, you! Do it like this!"
Character does it.
Old man, "See how they did that? I hope you learned!"
Bad guy comes and hits reset.
Old man, "Save that character up there!"
You start to do what needs to be done, but once you hit the same spot the previous character...
Old Man, "This is the spot where you gotta do what you saw that one character try to do, what I told him to do, then you watched him do it, now listen as I tell YOU how to do it, then praise you for when you DO do the same action."

But, yeah, I can see where complexity can come in. I'm already starting to think up some levels of my own! So far, purchase was worth it. Charming, clean graphics, Nice platforming (Drop Shadow ftw), and so far the music seems okay.

EDIT:
DAT EDITOR
Perfect. I spent most of my time in Animal Crossing in the shirt editor. This. THIS! Not only is it the exact same layout and grid dimensions, the colors I'm able to use gives me more than enough options to carry over all of my designs from Animal Crossing and create things that I never had the color palettes for in Animal Crossing. This is huge! This is a game changer (literally)! Purchase concretely solidified.

Roto13

EDIT:
DAT EDITOR
Perfect. I spent most of my time in Animal Crossing in the shirt editor. This. THIS! Not only is it the exact same layout and grid dimensions, the colors I'm able to use gives me more than enough options to carry over all of my designs from Animal Crossing and create things that I never had the color palettes for in Animal Crossing. This is huge! This is a game changer (literally)! Purchase concretely solidified.

Ha ha ha ha, yeah, that's basically the biggest reason I wanted this game too. :p Animal Crossing and all.

It's not quite big enough at first but it eventually quadruples in size. And when you unlock buttons and tunnels, you don't even have to desecrate your sprites to make them into playable levels.

Top Bottom