• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Putin Critic Boris Nemtsov Shot Dead on Moscow Street

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyS

Public location works well as a warning.

Same thing mafias and cartels do.

fYdGpjs.jpg

We can only speculate, both scenarios are possible.

There he is.

Whew.

So he called for a Russia spring and was shot and killed in the middle of the street while talking with a woman. The robbers then panicked didn't rob him or the woman and drove off.

We can only speculate, both scenarios are possible.

Look, I get where you're coming from here, but when one scenario is so, so much more likely than the other, it's not unreasonable to assume it to be correct. So long as you don't get wrapped up in it to the point that you start falling victim to confirmation bias, it's the more intellectually honest approach.

This happens a lot. You should take a look into it.

Don't look too closely, you might get robbed!

One day we will have to fight Russia. It's sad but we know it has been coming since WWII at least.

lol, modern war isn't fought with major powers armies, it's fought with economics and proxy wars.

There is a reason why Putin is doing this, his castle is crumbling, desperate times call for desperate measures.

Valnen

One day we will have to fight Russia. It's sad but we know it has been coming since WWII at least.

Let's hope it doesn't happen in our lifetimes, since that could mean the end of the world. Or at least a much worse world to live in.

Liha

Banned
There he is.

Whew.

So he called for a Russia spring and was shot and killed in the middle of the street while talking with a woman. The robbers then panicked didn't rob him or the woman and drove off.

I know that Russia is a modern mafia state and political freedom is nonexistent. I just want to have more information about the situation.

ISOM

I know that Russia is a modern mafia state and political freedom is nonexistent. I just want to have more information about the situation.

What more information is there? He wasn't robbed and the woman he was with wasn't robbed either. He was shot in the back and then the car drove off without any further activities being committed. It seems like a pretty clear cut assassination.

Liha

Banned
What more information is there? He wasn't robbed and the woman he was with wasn't robbed either. He was shot in the back and then the car drove off without any further activities being committed. It seems like a pretty clear cut assassination.

Then there are two possible scenarios:
1. The government killed him
2. The mafia killed him.

The thing is why would Putin do that in front of Kremlin?

If Putin want to kill this person. wont hidden assassination actually better?

/conspiracy

Nope.

You do it in a public place so that the rest of the opposition knows you can get them anywhere. In addition, if it is done in a private place you can't claim it was just a random murder in front of the Kremlin.

The mafia loved doing killings in public places as a show of power.

rrvv

Nope.

You do it in a public place so that the rest of the opposition knows you can get them anywhere. In addition, if it is done in a private place you can't claim it was just a random murder in front of the Kremlin.

Obviously it wont simply shot him in the house. I just expect him to be "disappear".

The thing is why would Putin do that in front of Kremlin?

If Putin want to kill this person. wont hidden assassination actually better?

/conspiracy

People don't get killed in Russia because they need to die. They get killed a a warning to others. Just read about all the high profile murders in Russia over the past 15 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom