• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Putin warns of global catastrophe, calls Trump NK reaction "ridiculous"

Kensation

giphy.gif

Grug

exactly, and also, he's scum

i think this point warrants all caps:

STOP THINKING PUTIN IS COOL JUST COS YOU DON'T LIKE TRUMP, PEOPLE. god damn.

I don't see anyone saying he's cool, just acknowledging that a valid point is a valid point.

yeah. he is kinda right.

Trump is such a bad politican its unbelievable. You could put a pebble into office and it would be better.

This. I mean, Putin is a shitstain but he does know what he's doing. I'd at least consider the opinion of a guy who knows how to and how not to get away with annexing shit from his neighbor with impunity when it comes to what does and doesn't work in acts of international aggression.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
exactly, and also, he's scum

i think this point warrants all caps:

STOP THINKING PUTIN IS COOL JUST COS YOU DON'T LIKE TRUMP, PEOPLE. god damn.

It does not matter whether ww thimk he is cool or not. You really think his power depends on that?

Notice how everything keeps going back around to those pesky sanctions Putin doesn't care about but would really really really like it if it you removed them

jdstorm

Banned
For those of you jumping on putin like he is an idiot who's plan had backfired, you do realise that this is exactly what putin wants?

He effectively gets to be one of the sensible leaders of the super powers by pointing out how stupid and dangerous trumps actions are, making America look weak. He couldn't be happier.

Nah. Putin is pissed. He wanted a useful idiot who would destroy America's standing in the world. Not an unstable idiot who might actually destroy the world with nukes.

This wreaks of Buyers remorse.

I don't see how this is any different than how Putin likes to operate with his own political opponents in Russia; he (through proxies) lets an opponent find their feet and oppose him, just enough to keep up the charade that he isn't the be all and end all of modern Russian politics, and when they reach a significant level of attention he'll start chopping them back down, or outright crushing them. He put Trump on the biggest pedestal in America, for all the world to see such idiocy in the name of America, and now he's gonna start chopping it down.

i wonder how harshly Trump will attack Putin on Twitter now, its gonna be brutal.. you can't just diss America like that. oh wait sorry, there will be nothing lol.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Yes let's remove sanctions... And then what?

Nobody said anything about removing sanctions but he is right. Imposing sanctions on russia then immediately after asking russia for help to impose sanctions completely makes the US administration seem foolish.

Also, Putin was right that this os just another case of americans shooting themselves in the foot. NK has no choice but to pursue nuclear weapons as the US unitarily invaded iraq and killed saddam who happened to possess no weapons of mass destruction.

You think NK actually cares about South Korea? The ICBMs are a statement to the US, they dont need to attack the south. It was never about South korea.

Can you say putin is not right? No. Doesn't matter if what he said is intended to undermine the US. It is still the truth.

When Putin sounds more reasonable than the president of America...

i wonder how harshly Trump will attack Putin on Twitter now, its gonna be brutal.. you can't just diss America like that. oh wait sorry, there will be nothing lol.

Trump has a poster of Putin above his bed and drinks coffee out of a Putin mug. He wont attack Putin, just cry himself to sleep under his Putin bedsheets.

What a slimy piece of trash. Yes, let's hold the fate of humanity in jealousy because you want sanctions lifted.

To everyone agreeing, please try and read it carefully. This piece of crap isn't saying that we should condemn NK. He's playing the victim card.

What a snake.

theWB27

Notice how everything keeps going back around to those pesky sanctions Putin doesn't care about but would really really really like it if it you removed them

People think he's winning when he hasn't done a thing until he gets his money. As long as he doesn't get his money, magintsky act repealed, he's got a long way to go before he wins anything.

If anything his plan has gone to shit because he has to depend on trump to get it.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Putin is a scumbag but he's right on the money here

No he's not. it's only because China and Russia continue to prop up NK that they continue their testing. Putin's aim here is pathetically transparent in that he would complain about sanctions on Russia and use that as some sort of bargaining chip to stop supporting NK. He can piss off.

Engell

Nobody said anything about removing sanctions but he is right. Imposing sanctions on russia then immediately after asking russia for help to impose sanctions completely makes the US administration seem foolish.

Sure you can say that is silly, but what is the alternative?
I'm betting Putin would be pleased to help if them sanctions against Russia was removed.
Then again him helping is just saying he talked to Kim and said please don't while sending him more Uranium.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
When Putin can come across as a voice of reason on the world stage, you know you're down the rabbid hole

China is looking more and more like the world leader as this administration continues to WIN! This was the plan all along. Take down the US from the inside. It has worked. People who voted for Trump are still eating whatever Fox News feeds them, and it amazes me.

"This is being done by people who mix up Australia with Austria," he added.

That line is just brutal. I saw a clip from Russian TV calling Trump a bumbling buffoon.

Trump: "It's not like the US is perfect either"

Trump is right out of Putin's dreams. A US president that is an imbecile; an amoral compulsive liar; someone who does not respect the rule of law or the institutions of law. Putin is constantly pointing fingers at the US for every criticism levied at Russia, and Trump smiles and agrees with him that yes, the US is a disaster; that democracy has failed the world.

Putin saw decades of anti-US rhetoric from Trump and knew that Trump would echo his own anti-US rhetoric, which is a foundational piece of his propaganda efforts.

BriGuy

Should have thought of that before you put your fingers on the scale. Our doom is your your doom. Hope you enjoy the ride.

gun_haver

It does not matter whether ww thimk he is cool or not. You really think his power depends on that?

Obviously not, but it helps him continue to extend his zone of influence the more we think dumb meme shit like 'lol trump is so dumb he makes putin look good'. He's using this, even this fucking topic being created in the first place is proof of that, don't get it twisted.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
Man, the amount of post event rationalisation, and the ascription of agency here to the Russians is astonishing.

Anyway, back on point, Trump is a liability. Even Kim could probably come out better if he laced his messaging with humour. I dont think I have ever seen the US at such a low point. Even Nixon looks saintly in comparison. When you Americans gonna sort it out. Reputation needs a bit of salvaging here.

On another point, Putin and Xi are on thin ice here if you look closely at it. Basically, they are failing to deal with a shitty little fascist country, that is teating nuclear bombs, and openly threatening to bomb the US. Like if anyone is going to provoke a war, its that mongoloid in NK, and Putin and Xi are effectively his enablers. Bit sneaky to try and blame the US for this.

Horp

It does. It's called cult of personality and is one of the most if not THE most powerful weapon when trying yo become a dictator, and to stay in power.

Man, the amount of post event rationalisation, and the ascription of agency here to the Russians is astonishing.

Anyway, back on point, Trump is a liability. Even Kim could probably come out better if he laced his messaging with humour. I dont think I have ever seen the US at such a low point. Even Nixon looks saintly in comparison. When you Americans gonna sort it out. Reputation needs a bit of salvaging here.

On another point, Putin and Xi are on thin ice here if you look closely at it. Basically, they are failing to deal with a shitty little fascist country, that is teating nuclear bombs, and openly threatening to bomb the US. Like if anyone is going to provoke a war, its that mongoloid in NK, and Putin and Xi are effectively his enablers. Bit sneaky to try and blame the US for this.

hey now

Join the dots between fake news, the stirring of the far right, Brexit, Trump, NK - it's all part of Russia's plan to destabilise the West in response to sanctions against it and the 'Star Wars' missile defence system, which Putin considers an escalation of the nuclear arms race.

Russia and Putin are not the good guys here, but they have played the West like a fiddle.

Putin is the Littlefinger of international politics. What he wants most is his opponents in disarray and confusion. That way he has the freedom to advance his own agenda while others are distracted and/or divided.

"'Americans are a great people if they can endure so many people with such a low level of political culture,' Russian president says"

Ain't that the fucking truth

Putin is relishing in US's diminished global standing.

You got a Twitter in Chief that nobody takes seriously.

Putin is enjoying the Chaos and sees a void to be filled.

The plan has always been to reduce the United States' status as the moral arbiter in the world*—and to position Russia as the true mature superpower.

*Which, let's be real, is a joke anyway.

danowat

Banned
It's amazing at just how easy Russia & NK are playing Trump like a chump, but not quite as amazing as the amount of people who still believe Trump is a good President.

Crazy times we live in.

Oersted

This is why he had Trump elected: it increases Russia's chances as being viewed as a rational actor with fence sitters, increasing Putin's overall standing relative to that of the US. Plus, Trump and his GOP cronies will lift the Russian sanctions.

We are the rational ones compared to Trump is word for wors the ad camapign by China.

When Trump is trough with USA it will have lost power on a unprecedented scale. Not only due to his fuckups, but also due to the things he isn't doing. And thats alot.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Gotta admit that burn was pretty good.

Trump is probably going to find a way to praise Putin for this.

VariantX

Has Putin turned on Trump now?

Putin was never with Trump, he just wanted the best option available to him to cripple American influence. Probably even better that he's likely been compromised as trump will likely have nothing to say about Putin over twitter like he does literally everyone else that calls him out on yet another stupid thing he says. Useful idiot.

Top Bottom