• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump and Putin discuss coordinating on ISIS and Syria, Kremlin says

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oberon

Banned
This and reduction on nukes.

Also there's this now:

M9VaP13.png

Could hamper US' ability to engage ISIS in a major way.

I am calling it now ( and I pray I am wrong), it will be a "You're either with us or against us" situation.
This will be used as an excuse for another invasion of Irak

Biske

Not real as far we actually know. Just not sure how or why US would ally with Russia on "Ukraine issue".

Exactly.

There isn't much you can do with the "Urkaine Issue" other than Russia stopping the war and invasion of it, or giving it all to Russia.

Woorloog

Banned
I am calling it now ( and I pray I am wrong), it will be a "You're either with us or against us" situation.
This will be used as an excuse for another invasion of Irak

Trump did say he prefers action to talk... and that there could be another chance to get Iraq's oil.

I think Iraq should be gearing up for another war, just in case.

And we Europeans need to prepare for another refugee crisis.

Woorloog

Banned
30 days to "defeat" ISIS lol.

Shit is hysterical, like bad satire.

That's not how anything works.

Blanket nuclear bombardment would work. Which is probably want Trump wants. He has asked why they can use nukes they have...
And with Russia being the US buddy, they probably would allow the US to do that, and they could keep moral highground too: "We didn't respond with a salvo of our own because the US didn't target Russia" or some shit like that.

(No, i don't think this will happen. I hope this doesn't happen.)

In a staggering coincidence, right after their call, Trump Removed the Director of National Intelligence and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs from the National Security Council principals committee and replaced them with:

7z19WQm.png

This is very, very bad.

Tovarisc

Today Trump made Executive order telling DoD to come up with plan to defeat ISIS, he gave them 30 days.
Sec. 3. Plan to Defeat ISIS. (a) Scope and Timing
(ii) Within 30 days, a preliminary draft of the Plan to defeat ISIS shall
be submitted to the President by the Secretary of Defense.

(iii) The Plan shall include:
(D) identification of new coalition partners in the fight against ISIS and
policies to empower coalition partners to fight ISIS and its affiliates;

Funky source, but WH won't release exec orders on their site; https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3436426/ISIS-Order.pdf

30 days to "defeat" ISIS lol.

Shit is hysterical, like bad satire.

That's not how anything works.

You never played a video game with a mission that was time restricted? It is a tremendous plan and smart people are saying that we are going to defeat ISIS bigly.

No wonder you are getting a Switch

When should we expect to sell our military technology (jets, ships) to Russia, like we do for our allies?

I assume this means we will be sharing our military intelligence.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Ukraine is so fucked, Trump will use it as a bargain chip.
Of course, in business it's called being highly leveraged, always use someone else's capital when you can. In this case he will just leverage someone else's Capitol. He said he would run the US like a business after all.

RinsFury

I don't know how coordinating against ISIS is a bad thing.

It'll be really great when they coordinate with each other against some other former Soviet republics next, or maybe even Europe! Who knows what could happen with these two psychopaths working together.

Hermii

It'll be really great when they coordinate with each other against some other former Soviet republics next, or maybe even Europe! Who knows what could happen with these two psychopaths working together.

Its in both Russias and the USAs interest to defeat ISIS, and they could fight them more efficient if they were working together. USA and Stalin were allies against Hitler, and Stalin was a million times worse than Putin. Doesn,t mean they still can't disagree about other things.

Its in both Russias and the USAs interest to defeat ISIS, and they could fight them more efficient if they were working together. USA and Stalin were allies against Hitler, and Stalin was a million times worse than Putin. Doesn,t mean they still can't disagree about other things.

Assad (= Putin) do very little against ISIS. Their one big gain vs ISIS was Palmyra which was retaken by ISIS a month back or so. They were too busy bombing Aleppo into submission.
Funny that you bring up Stalin, who was with Hitler before he was against him.

Pedrito

Russia will only "coordinate" if we forgive her for annexing Crimea.

Russia doesn't care about ISIS, majority of their strikes were not directed on them, and even so much as they have lost ground against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom