• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump and Putin strike deal to hold summit soon

dolabla

https://www.yahoo.com/news/moscow-washington-strike-deal-hold-putin-trump-summit-143229331.html

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Moscow and Washington have struck a deal to hold a summit soon between Russian President Vladimir Putin and U.S. President Donald Trump, Kremlin foreign policy aide Yuri Ushakov told reporters on Wednesday.

Ushakov said the summit would take place in a mutually-convenient third country and that several more weeks were needed for preparations.

He said Moscow and Washington would announce the time and place of the summit on Thursday.

Ushakov was speaking after Putin held talks with U.S. National Security Adviser John Bolton in the Kremlin.

POTUS can't get along with any of the allies of the United States, but he makes friends with her enemies.

Probably because he has more in common with them than our allies.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
So this is like an countdown to a release date type thing ?

Wonder what they have to say?

Ohh aliens I bet it is about aliens and the space force

MrRogers

POTUS can't get along with any of the allies of the United States, but he makes friends with her enemies.

Parts of Western Europe are becoming Islamized (especially in the next 20-30 years) to the point that maybe a change in Allies is needed in some cases. Trump playing the long game? Or could it be countries like France, Germany and UK just don't have the weight or importance anymore compared to the emerging nations in the world. Anyways the vast majority of people in the west don't view Russia as a enemy, the cold war is long gone. So its really a non-issue. The bigger enemies are the rise of China and religious fundamentalism, but even those need a couple more decades to really manifest themselves as the main ideological enemy as the Soviet Union was in the cold war.

JordanN

Banned

Do you consider Mexico an ally?
Do you recognize that they are the ones antagonizing the USA right now with a flood of illegal migrants into America's borders?

With regards to Europe, he wanted to put pressure on them for not paying their fair share into NATO.

Last edited:

LordPezix

Can I just ask, where this ideology of Russia being our enemy come from?

I feel like all those video games of Russia being the bad guy has steeped too far into real world views.

I feel like all those video games of Russia being the bad guy has steeped too far into real world views.

Don't you know? They hacked our elections!

hack (v):

1. Buying $12,000 worth of Facebook ads in a race where both sides spent well over $1,000,000,000.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned

To play Devil's advocate, I wont say Russia is evil, but they're not complete good guys either.

For the best interest of the world however, I would like to see the West & Russia be frenemies. They have the second largest stockpile of nukes, so if we ever threw hands, we're all dead.

Last edited:
Russia is our enemy?

Is this a rhetorical question?

Like... the UK? Remember when their parliament held a debate on banning Donald Trump from entering their country? And then a year later, they did it again. With allies like those...

Yes, like the UK.

Parts of Western Europe are becoming Islamized (especially in the next 20-30 years) to the point that maybe a change in Allies is needed in some cases. Trump playing the long game? Or could it be countries like France, Germany and UK just don't have the weight or importance anymore compared to the emerging nations in the world. Anyways the vast majority of people in the west don't view Russia as a enemy, the cold war is long gone. So its really a non-issue. The bigger enemies are the rise of China and religious fundamentalism, but even those need a couple more decades to really manifest themselves as the main ideological enemy as the Soviet Union was in the cold war.

Western Europe can't both be "Islamized" and atheist.

What "emerging nations" have more weight than France, Germany, UK, Canada, Japan, and Italy?

Who are Russia's allies? China, Cuba, Syria. Oh look, speaking of China, you mention them, who are also a-religious.

Your post is all over the place, and it began with trying to make sense out of your Islamophobia.

Do you consider Mexico an ally?
Do you recognize that they are the ones antagonizing the USA right now with a flood of illegal migrants into America's borders?

With regards to Europe, he wanted to put pressure on them for not paying their fair share into NATO.

Illegal immigration does not bother me. Share the wealth, I say!

LordPezix

Don't you know? They hacked our elections!

hack (v):

1. Buying $12,000 worth of Facebook ads in a race where both sides spent well over $1,000,000,000.

Yeah but, like hasn't that high level political cloak and dagger shit been going on since....... tribalism existed?

I did a thorough search for Russian attacks against the US and didn't find anything. Technically, historically speaking, Japan, Germany, and the UK are more our enemies than a country that has literally never attacked us.

Last edited:

LordPezix

Moral high ground was always a facade anyway.

I wish it weren't so.

but it's also why we will probably be the first species in history to be solely responsible for it's own destruction.

I would like to not think that the Russia vs US nuke duke will happen, but if people keep up the sentiment that Russia is evil, our views shape the world and warp it into reality so, who knows maybe it could happen.

MrRogers

Is this a rhetorical question?

Yes, like the UK.

Western Europe can't both be "Islamized" and atheist.

What "emerging nations" have more weight than France, Germany, UK, Canada, Japan, and Italy?

Who are Russia's allies? China, Cuba, Syria. Oh look, speaking of China, you mention them, who are also a-religious.

Your post is all over the place, and it began with trying to make sense out of your Islamophobia.

I didn't say they would both be Islamized and atheist, I say they were trending in the long term towards Islamization. Again in the long term (10-30 years) western European countries will not be at the economic forefront with developing countries like India, Malaysia, Russia, China etc. taking their place. This decline in the economic power of western countries is common wisdom in any mainstream business news outlet, this isn't radical stuff. Hence why ideas like the EU, which is on very shaky ground at the moment, were created to have a stronger economic block.

Also Trump may piss off leaders from Canada, Germany, UK and France, but his relationship with South Korea, Italy, emerging Eastern European nations like the Visegrad 4 Group and even to Japan are still Strong. Partly due to shared politics and ideals. That all being said the USA is still Allies with western European and anglosphere nations, my argument is that alliances change and will change, (we fought 2 WWs with Russia, and many current allies we had horrific wars against in the past) so I posit a thought of why/how that could happen in the future.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
and there we have it folks.

Money > Peoples lives

Moral values down the drain.
Since the beginning of time, humans had to perform work to survive.
There has never been a such thing as free money.

It has nothing to do with morals since immigration has always been a privilege.

Last edited:

Let's not re-write history.

The first colonialists in the Americas were those who were in debt, criminals, and the otherwise unwanted. The Othered.

Like, the reason why you would leave your country is because conditions are bad.

Citizenship is a privilege. But these people are not asking for the right to vote, but the right to live.

JordanN

Banned
Let's not re-write history.

The first colonialists in the Americas were those who were in debt, criminals, and the otherwise unwanted. The Othered.

Like, the reason why you would leave your country is because conditions are bad.

Citizenship is a privilege. But these people are not asking for the right to vote, but the right to live.

So I can break into your house and stay, but it's ok because I don't own the house deed?
Illegal immigration is trespassing. Saying otherwise is asking for open borders.

I didn't say they would both be Islamized and atheist, I say they were trending in the long term towards Islamization. Again in the long term (10-30 years) western European countries will not be at the economic forefront with developing countries like India, Malaysia, Russia, China etc. taking their place. This decline in the economic power of western countries is common wisdom in any mainstream business news outlet, this isn't radical stuff. Hence why ideas like the EU, which is on very shaky ground at the moment, were created to have a stronger economic block.

Also Trump may **** off leaders from Canada, Germany, UK and France, but his relationship with South Korea, Italy, emerging Eastern European nations like the Visegrad 4 Group and even to Japan are still Strong. Partly due to shared politics and ideals. That all being said the USA is still Allies with western European and anglosphere nations, my argument is that alliances change and will change (we fought 2 WWs with Russia, and many current allies we had horrific wars against in the past) and I posit a thought of why that could happen in the future

Ok.

This was much more clear. Makes sense to me.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see....

Last edited:
So I can break into your house and stay, but it's ok because I don't own the house deed?
Illegal immigration is trespassing. Saying otherwise is asking for open borders.

This is that Bugs Bunny trick when you are going back-and-forth saying yes and no, and the one person starts saying no, and the other person starts saying yes.

You should ask the Indian tribes how they feel about trespassing.

TrainedRage

Banned
They will be meeting in a secret base in the Artic. There will be talk of a collaboration between Space Force and Roscosmos, so we can finally take out that pesky alien colony on Europa. I know things.

Do people still think the 45th POTUS is compromised by Russia after over a year being in charge?

He's met with foreign leaders repeatedly, appointed people to key positions, seen classified information and made all types of decisions that don't benefit Putin but people are still pushing this conspiracy theory. Think about the implications if what you believed was true. The US gov't would be completely compromised. No one with power in America would stand by and not sound the alarm on that.

Last edited:

LordPezix

Oh so what you're telling me is that you're worried you'll have to work harder.

Immigration is a privilege? I thought it was just people observing their right as born denizens of this great earth to walk it's beautiful lands and seek to fulfill their needs off the land. Had no idea it was a privilege.

But I do feel privileged to be alive here on this great earth, so is this what you were referring to?

JordanN

Banned
This is that Bugs Bunny trick when you are going back-and-forth saying yes and no, and the one person starts saying no, and the other person starts saying yes.

You should ask the Indian tribes how they feel about trespassing.
You mean the Indian tribes that were at war with each other, and would massacre European settlers?

You mean the Indian tribes that were at war with each other, and would massacre European settlers?

Not all of them were at war with each other, nor did they massacre settlers unprovoked.

Also, as if European nations were not at war with each other? And they gonna bring civilization to the natives?

Again, with the faux-history. And imperialism.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Oh so what you're telling me is that you're worried you'll have to work harder.
I'm not working harder for people who enter my country illegally and leech off.
They can be stopped at the border and told to be turned around.

LordPezix said:
Immigration is a privilege? I thought it was just people observing their right as born denizens of this great earth to walk it's beautiful lands and seek to fulfill their needs off the land. Had no idea it was a privilege.

But I do feel privileged to be alive here on this great earth, so is this what you were referring to?
The earth has borders. You're free to walk in your country. Trespass mine and get deported.

Not all of them were at war with each other, nor did they massacre settlers unprovoked.
So you think children provoked Indians to be killed by them?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anne_Hutchinson#Massacre

The Siwanoy warriors stampeded into the tiny settlement above Pelham Bay, prepared to burn down every house. The Siwanoy chief, Wampage, who had sent a warning, expected to find no settlers present. But at one house the men in animal skins encountered several children, young men and women, and a woman past middle age. One Siwanoy indicated that the Hutchinsons should restrain the family's dogs. Without apparent fear, one of the family tied up the dogs. As quickly as possible, the Siwanoy seized and scalped Francis Hutchinson, William Collins, several servants, the two Annes (mother and daughter), and the younger children—William, Katherine, Mary, and Zuriel. As the story was later recounted in Boston, one of the Hutchinson's daughters, "seeking to escape," was caught "as she was getting over a hedge, and they drew her back again by the hair of the head to the stump of a tree, and there cut off her head with a hatchet."[114]

Last edited:

LordPezix

I will literally bring every single post from the other thread where I specifically talked about this subject and showed you just how wrong you were.

Trying to cover up the atrocities the European settlers committed against the indigenious people is like blaming a sexual assault victim is was their fault because of what they wore. IT IS UTTER BULLSHIT.

You are not fooling anyone my guy.

JordanN

Banned
I will literally bring every single post from the other thread where I specifically talked about this subject and showed you just how wrong you were.

Trying to cover up the atrocities the European settlers committed against the indigenious people is like blaming a sexual assault victim is was their fault because of what they wore. IT IS UTTER BULLSHIT.

You are not fooling anyone my guy.

And the Native Indians were raiding European settlements so saying they were all a peaceful bunch is fake news.

LordPezix

And the Native Indians were raiding European settlements so saying they were all a peaceful bunch is fake news.

Please provide the Quote. Like seriously provide a quote where I said Native Americans were peaceful? I don't believe anyone here is debating the fact that Indians weren't capable of savagery.

BUT WHAT WE AREN'T DOING IS ACTIVELY PARTICIPATING IN HISTORICAL NEGATIONISM , like you are.

When someone states that the first Americans are illegal immigrants it is true, DON'T TRY AND COVER IT UP WITH BULLSHIT. Native Americans "Owned" this land long before European settlers did. THAT IS FACT.

If you need help understanding I can point you to legitimate resources of Native American Empires.

This is a forum that is meant to be used as a neutral fact based discussion platform. In that sense we cannot aim to distort historical fact unless we have empirical evidence.

If you find the reply to Americans considered as Immigrants disagreeable that is fine, but don't do it in such a way that illegitimizes history.

If you're drunk or high, that is fine also.

JordanN

Banned
When someone states that the first Americans are illegal immigrants it is true, DON'T TRY AND COVER IT UP WITH BULLSHIT. Native Americans "Owned" this land long before European settlers did. THAT IS FACT.
How can you be an illegal in a country that doesn't even exist? Did Native Indians even have a system of legal codes that gave administration over the Americas?

If not, there were no illegal immigrants back then. But there are illegal immigrants today that violate America or Canada's borders by trespassing them.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
and there we have it folks.

Money > Peoples lives

Moral values down the drain.

Haha what the fuck is this argument? I’m trying to wrap my head around how badly you need to misunderstand the world in order to think like this 🤯

JordanN

Banned
Then you probably should start first by giving a part of your property to poor. Maybe even host couple of illegals in your apartment or house.
Hehe, I like this idea.

All those in favor open borders, start by making your bank accounts publicly available. Then, post a big sign on your door that says "Refugees/Convicts/Drug Addicts Welcome".

When you're -$500,000 in debt, and heroin needles are scattered all over your kitchen floor, don't complain why we have borders.

Last edited:
Hehe, I like this idea.
Those who want to share the wealth are always those who jealous of those who have it.
Sure inheritance of wealth might sound unfair but if you look at it - nobody complains when a parent gives his old car to son or when a person inherit the house. Scale is different - in comparison with millionaires - but the framework is the same.

All those in favor open borders, start by making your bank accounts publicly available. Then, post a big sign on your door that says "Refugees/Convicts/Drug Addicts Welcome".

When you're -$500,000 in debt, and heroin needles are scattered all over your kitchen floor, don't complain why we have borders.
It might sound fun talking how free Canada is but at the same time it has the natural border with Mexico - so USA essentially is in the same state as Italy or Spain, where they ought to (for some reason) accept everybody who comes because they are simply the first countries to enter. But at the same time you cannot prevent people from increase population and the poorer country, the more people will be born. So essentially people will continue to come for centuries and more.

Last edited:

LordPezix

How can you be an illegal in a country that doesn't even exist? Did Native Indians even have a system of legal codes that gave administration over the Americas?

If not, there were no illegal immigrants back then. But there are illegal immigrants today that violate America or Canada's borders by trespassing them.

"The differences in cultures between the established Native Americans and immigrant Europeans, as well as shifting alliances among different nations in times of war, caused extensive political tension, ethnic violence, and social disruption."

- Yep, see that part were it says immigrant and then soon after Nations.

Also - "The people of the Six Nations, also known by the French term, Iroquois [1]Confederacy, call themselves the Hau de no sau nee (ho dee noe sho nee) meaning People Building a Long House. Located in the northeastern region of North America, originally the Six Nations was five and included the Mohawks, Oneidas, Onondagas, Cayugas, and Senecas. The sixth nation, the Tuscaroras, migrated into Iroquois country in the early eighteenth century. Together these peoples comprise the oldest living participatory democracy on earth. Their story, and governance truly based on the consent of the governed, contains a great deal of life-promoting intelligence for those of us not familiar with this area of American history. The original United States representative democracy, fashioned by such central authors as Benjamin Franklin and Thomas Jefferson, drew much inspiration from this confederacy of nations. In our present day, we can benefit immensely, in our quest to establish anew a government truly dedicated to all life's liberty and happiness much as has been practiced by the Six Nations for over 800 hundred years"

-"With the Iroquois chiefs inside the halls of Congress on the eve of American Independence, the impact of Iroquois ideas on the founders is unmistakable. History is indebted to Charles Thomson, an adopted Delaware, whose knowledge of and respect for American Indians is reflected in the attention that he gave to this ceremony in the records of the Continental Congress."

Your immigration laws, were here long before we ever showed up.

So yeah, we are immigrants.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Native_Americans_in_the_United_States

https://ratical.org/many_worlds/6Nations/

JordanN

Banned
"The differences in cultures between the established Native Americans and immigrant Europeans, as well as shifting alliances among different nations in times of war, caused extensive political tension, ethnic violence, and social disruption."

- Yep, see that part were it says immigrant and then soon after Nations.

Context is everything. No one denies the Natives were living in the land known as the Americas before Europeans set up shop here.
But the Americas was not a united country. At least, not until the USA eventually conquered it and drew up borders that became recognized nationally.

So it doesn't make sense to say the Europeans are "illegal immigrants". What country did they trespass?

Illegal immigration is the illegal entry of a person or a group of persons across a country's border, in a way that violates the immigration laws of the destination country, with the intention to remain in the country, as well as people who remain living in another country when they do not have the legal right to do so.

Illegal immigration, as well as immigration in general, is overwhelmingly upward, from a poorer to a richer country.[1] Living in another country illegally includes a variety of restrictions, as well as the risk of being detained and deported or of facing other sanctions.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Illegal_immigration

And either way, it makes no sense to hold this grudge against the USA. If it was not the Americans, it would have been some other group that was higher up the tech tree that would have came in and claim the area for themselves.
That's just how history has always been.

Last edited:

Helios

I think you've let your badge slip right there, mate. Here, I've picked it up for you.

images

Oh BS. He gets along with other world leaders just fine. He seems to be quite friendly with Macron. Merkel is maybe the only world leader he has a contentious relationship with. "Getting along" doesn't mean he is 100% in lockstep with their policies.

The US should engage Russia. He regularly talks with Xi Jinping, even had him out to Mar-a-lago, and China is hardly our ally.

LordPezix

Context is everything.

You and I have derailed this thread long enough, I may make a thread about our discussions soon where we wont be so intrusive to the current thread topic.

Anyways - Back on Topic

You know for how much involvement Russia has had recently in regards to this presidential candidacy it sure makes me wonder how much of this was planned.

Also what if Melania is secretly a Putin cell?! lol

I hope Trump makes a joke about thanking Putin for hacking the election.

Or better yet, jokingly ask him for his help again. The screams would be lolcow fuel for months.

Top Bottom