• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris |OT| From Russia With Blob

AaronMT86

Oh it comes with either a Tetremino or Puyo keychain? I dunno why, I thought it'd have both.

It's both. Other side:

737NLU2.png

Skyzard

Banned
Just preordered from Base, £30 feels a little steep but the game looks so good. I loved the demo and can't wait to play online.

The way I see it is I'll be putting in way more hours into this game than I would for most £40-50 software so the sheer amount of value should justify the price.

I dunno, they put a lot of work into this, £30 is a very fair price imo.

Yep, it's highly replayable, always going to be on the system like Lumines for me.

Definitely worth it. It's a lot of fun.

bbangash

Neo Member
Am i blind for not being to find the endless Tetris mode where you just go for a high score?? Didn't see it under challenge modes

I'm so excited about the game that for a second I even contemplated buying it digital on my Switch even though I ordered a physical copy on Amazon. Luckily, reason prevailed in the end.

But it's going to be a long wait

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I tried buying online and got an error code stating to access the eShop on Switch. Can I not buy this without a Switch? Don't own a Switch but want to support Sega on this localization

as others are saying, buy the physical copy.. unfortunately no. the web eshop requires you to login at least once from a switch to be able to purchase from the web shop.

Tabasco

I'm not that excited about this game but I'll drop by Best Buy this afternoon and pick this up.

Should be fun with friends I would imagine.

ghibli99

Just ordered this, even though I don't have a Switch yet. Game looks excellent, and the allure of keychains was too much. LOL

Kovacs

The early delivery gods have been very kind to me today!

Been looking forward to this a lot, although I am a bit narked at the huge discrepancy in price been the PS4, Switch and the Switch US prices. Don't even get the keychains here (UK) as an excuse for the difference.

Given that you can't even order the physical on Amazon any more, I wonder if this is going to turn into one of those hard-to-get items in the future?

Skyzard

Banned
I reckon Tetris has an advantage with speed but once you start a chain with puyo (if you are allowed to get far enough) you send a shitload of crap compared to when you tetris I feel. I still feel like tetris has an advantage but I'm pretty biased and new to this.

Though you don't always get an 'l' block when you want it but at least attacks just raise your blocks up from the bottom.
When you send a few blocks over to puyo's side they come from the top and that can mess things up quite a bit so neither side wants to let things build up too much.

It's really fun. Though I'm still trying to see how balanced it is for puyo puyo, or if I'm just too new to it. I can tell I'm getting better though but it's more about planning for me at this stage. I wonder if it will become like visually stacking the colours once I get better.

Plus you can adjust the handicap and make it a bit harder on yourself or easier for others including the cpu, which would make it funner if you're finding yourself destroy everything.

And there are tonnes of modes.

The music is pretty great too. I swear I heard pokemon-like music in one of them, and I'm playing the Vita version.

I actually never realised how many till I started watching some translated footage with Giant Bomb's QL the other day and have been playing it a lot more since.

The story in this is... something else lol

I noticed that on the GB video. It sounded so bad lol. I listen to it for a few seconds with the Japanese version and it's a lot more anime and it helps that I have no idea what they're saying, but I just skip those anyway.

XaosWolf

I reckon Tetris has an advantage with speed but once you start a chain with puyo (if you are allowed to get far enough) you send a shitload of crap compared to when you tetris I feel. I still feel like tetris has an advantage but I'm pretty biased and new to this.

Though you don't always get an 'l' block when you want it but at least attacks just raise your blocks up from the bottom and you can use the speed to counter attacks faster and block them.
When you send a few blocks over to puyo's side they come from the top and that can mess things up quite a bit so neither side wants to let things build up too much.

It's really fun. Though I'm still trying to see how balanced it is for puyo puyo, or if I'm just too new to it. I can tell I'm getting better though but it's more about planning for me at this stage. I wonder if it will become like visually stacking the colours once I get better.

And there are tonnes of modes.

The music is pretty great too. I swear I heard pokemon-like music in one of them, and I'm playing the Vita version.

I actually never realised how many till I started watching some translated footage with Giant Bomb's QL the other day and have been playing it a lot more since.

Tetrises are now surpassed by the much easier and cheaper T-spins. And comboing is another ridiculous damage dealer. The latter feels super satisfying especially in sudden death situations. =D

OmegaFax

Picked mine up about an hour ago from a Target. Double shrink wrapped (outer box & game case). Box had a bit of a crease but I'm not going to be a stickler about it. Not a whole lot of copies. I think it was 3 including mine and a single PS4 copy.

84K17hhl.jpg

NoKisum

Does anyone know if the PS4 version supports custom music? I might be willing to double dip digitally if I can bump my Spotify tunes while playing.

neilyadig

Anyone have any thoughts on their ideal control scheme? I noticed there are different control settings.

I have had some trouble in the demo with the Pro D-pad (both the positioning of the D-pad as I'm used to PS4 and the actual buttons themselves). I was wondering if there were any alternative ideas. Of course, the joycon grip with the directional buttons is a good option too.

FaintDeftone

Picked mine up about an hour ago from a Target. Double shrink wrapped (outer box & game case). Box had a bit of a crease but I'm not going to be a stickler about it. Not a whole lot of copies. I think it was 3 including mine and a single PS4 copy.

84K17hhl.jpg

Are the stickers a Target exclusive? Mine only came with the keychains.

On the Switch demo I was able to turn on "hard drop" for Puyo but cannot seem to find the option to turn it on now that I have the game. Any help finding this option? Thank you!

toa95

So stupid question, are the Keychains nice? Like they don't feel like they're cheap? With the discount I can get my physical copy for about the same as a digital but this really seems like a game I want digitally.

w0s

So stupid question, are the Keychains nice? Like they don't feel like they're cheap? With the discount I can get my physical copy for about the same as a digital but this really seems like a game I want digitally.

They have a decent amount of weight to them.

toa95

They have a decent amount of weight to them.

Thanks... I couldn't resist and ordered the physical copy, it'll be here Thursday, seems like it could become a rarity one day so I figure it's worth having, plus, I have a carrying case for my switch so there are few times I won't have all my games with me anyway.

w0s

Thanks... I couldn't resist and ordered the physical copy, it'll be here Thursday, seems like it could become a rarity one day so I figure it's worth having, plus, I have a carrying case for my switch so there are few times I won't have all my games with me anyway.

Seems like you have it figured out!

Neiteio

Just purchased and downloaded the game, thanks to the fantastic demo converting a non-puzzle fan like me. Won't be able to dig in until tonight, though.

I have put in like three or four hours on the demo, but I still don't understand some fundamental mechanics. Like what determines how much garbage you throw at your opponent? And in matches with more than two players, where does your garbage go?

Top Bottom