• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris |OT| From Russia With Blob

Just preordered from Base, £30 feels a little steep but the game looks so good. I loved the demo and can't wait to play online.

The way I see it is I'll be putting in way more hours into this game than I would for most £40-50 software so the sheer amount of value should justify the price.

Can anybody who picked up physical post some pics of the keychains for scale? I'm having a really hard time deciding whether to go physical or digital, and if the keychains are tiny, huge, and/or poorly made that will help me decide.

Lkr

I didn't get a call either. I put my preorder in yesterday afternoon after I dropped by and did some trades. I asked if they still had the editions with the keychains and the employee told me they haven't even gotten the game in yet. So I'm slightly concerned.

Didn't stop them from taking my money though.
Goddamn
I did a store inventory search and the other store by me lists it as in stock but the one I preordered from doesn't. I'm hoping there are other customers there when I make a scene and ask what the point of preordering is lol

Busaiku

I got really hyped for the game and got the Puyo Puyo Weiss Schwarz cards.
I learned that all the Puyo Puyo characters, at least, are in middle school.
Even Risukuma, which I found shocking. Thought they were high school/teachers.

Just got my game delivered, played a bit before heading out. I'm actually starting to get some pretty consistent perfect clears in Tetris now lol

AaronMT86

A little awkward – the box (at least for me) was padded with scrap paper. Many sheets of scrap paper inside the box, never before seen that.

TLEzxEa.jpg

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
ordered physical from amazon. really wanted the keychains and people claiming the speed of switching carts..

when is it ok to remove a cart from Switch? I only have two games :p (Binding of Isaac and now Puyo), so when is it safe for me to switch carts?

MouldyK

Just preordered from Base, £30 feels a little steep but the game looks so good. I loved the demo and can't wait to play online.

The way I see it is I'll be putting in way more hours into this game than I would for most £40-50 software so the sheer amount of value should justify the price.

£30?! I was looking for it this cheap, so to me it's a...

hqdefault.jpg

Busaiku

ordered physical from amazon. really wanted the keychains and people claiming the speed of switching carts..

when is it ok to remove a cart from Switch? I only have two games :p (Binding of Isaac and now Puyo), so when is it safe for me to switch carts?
Not sure what you mean.
You can just exit out of the game and take the game out.

baconcow

I am so glad they brought this game to other markets so that more would experience it. While I didn't play much online with the Japanese copy (due to lag and not fully understanding what I was reading), I played the game offline well over 100 hours. To me, Tetris has always been about the high scores and local coop with friend. However, I played a ton of online with Tetris DS and am hoping this game brings that back for me. Not sure if my older hands can handle the new Tetris masters like when I was in my early 20's.

Busaiku

Augh, it's times like this I regret ordering from Amazon.
Could've had it 11 hours ago at Gamestop, but I'll probably have to wait another 8...

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Cute keychains but for convenience's sake and for another $10's sake, I'm going digital. When does it drop, noon?

Yep. Should be noon EST.

Definitely the perfect digital game since it's a great pick up and play game that I'll want to play here and there for as long as I have a Switch.

Big Brett

Yep. Should be noon EST.

Definitely the perfect digital game since it's a great pick up and play game that I'll want to play here and there for as long as I have a Switch.

Exactly. Seems to be one of the best versions of both puzzle games too. The Tetris is so satisfying and snappy based on what I've seen in GB's quicklook and the demo itself. Seems pretty feature-rich too. Excited to dive in.

This will be my first retail game that I'm buying digitally. I love physical games but with the switch I'm starting to lean digital. Can't wait to go home and play 4 players with the wife and kids.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Cute keychains but for convenience's sake and for another $10's sake, I'm going digital. When does it drop, noon?

with Prime (or GCU) is comes out to $32..... heh.... and with Amazon card it was like $30.40. I mean I am 100% in on an all digital future, but the keychains for 40¢ was way too much to pass up. :D

Big Brett

with Prime (or GCU) is comes out to $32..... heh.... and with Amazon card it was like $30.40. I mean I am 100% in on an all digital future, but the keychains for 40¢ was way too much to pass up. :D

Please don't tempt me, there's a lot of vacancy on my keys! Haha. Good pick up I'd say.

Just got my copy in the mail from Best Buy. The game is fantastic, but honestly I bought it mostly to have an updated portable version of Tetris. I'm working from home today and I keep getting distracted by the urge to play just one more round...

Jazzem

Downloading in UK from US eshop :D

Didn't expect to be asked for a zip code for sales tax purposes, ha. Went with an Alaskan one

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Downloading now.

Wish the eShop would save Credit Cards...gets old entering it everytime I want to buy something.

mrk8885

Banned
Bought physical and digital.

Want digital for the convenience....
Want physical for the inevitable licensing disaster later.

I tried buying online and got an error code stating to access the eShop on Switch. Can I not buy this without a Switch? Don't own a Switch but want to support Sega on this localization

Top Bottom