• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris |OT| From Russia With Blob

Theswweet

I'm not in too much of a rush since I already have a digital copy, but apparently my GameStop is doing the 9PM thing too. Looks like it might be widespread.

El Odio

Banned
I'm not in too much of a rush since I already have a digital copy, but apparently my GameStop is doing the 9PM thing too. Looks like it might be widespread.
I've seen word of this pop up in the other threads about the game but it confuses me since don't most GS close at 9? Least the ones around me do.

Dranakin

My preordered PS4 copy is coming tomorrow. If I ever get a Switch, this will be the first game I buy for it (Zelda second).

I wrote a little beginners guide to Puyo chaining ages ago, so this could be a good time to share it here! Hopefully my writing style hasn't aged too badly. I probably tried a bit too hard to be funny.

http://puyonexus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1865

Really happy to see that Puyo gets another chance in the west, Tetris is the perfect buddy to get this game in more peoples hands!

Now we just need another Puzzle League title and somehow crowbar it in there as well, if Intelligent Systems could stop making Fire Emblem for a week.

Thank you for this. It's great!

Theswweet

I've seen word of this pop up in the other threads about the game but it confuses me since don't most GS close at 9? Least the ones around me do.

They said that they wouldn't be open much later past 9, but they're definitely doing it. It surprised me too!

I wrote a little beginners guide to Puyo chaining ages ago, so this could be a good time to share it here! Hopefully my writing style hasn't aged too badly. I probably tried a bit too hard to be funny.

http://puyonexus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1865

Really happy to see that Puyo gets another chance in the west, Tetris is the perfect buddy to get this game in more peoples hands!

Now we just need another Puzzle League title and somehow crowbar it in there as well, if Intelligent Systems could stop making Fire Emblem for a week.

Thanks for the guide! I'll take any and all tips on Puyo.

I want to be a balanced player instead of just sticking to just one side.

My Amazon order showed up today, first time I've ever gotten a game early from them. Bubble mailer + oversized box = very crushed box. Oh well.

Neiteio

Chaining puyo looks so easy when someone else does it, but during actual gameplay it's tricky for me think clearly enough to alternate them like that (the l-shaped formations, or "triggers," stacking with other l-shaped formations of other colors). Thing of beauty when it happens, though.

neilyadig

Chaining puyo looks so easy when someone else does it, but during actual gameplay it's tricky for me think clearly enough to alternate them like that (the l-shaped formations, or "triggers," stacking with other l-shaped formations of other colors). Thing of beauty when it happens, though.

Agreed. You mean L-shaped, right? Very much looking forward to working on my skillz when it launches on the Switch eShop!

Skyzard

Banned
So this release has me playing my japanese version (actually started the single player after watching some on giantbomb) and I just stumbled into the sound menu where you can sample different music...and voice lines.

A lot of which are variations of bbee bbeepeep beee,

It's awesome.

3-starring all the tetris ones so far, about 15% in, and getting 1 star on puyo puyo, takes me a lot longer but have been managing on my first attempt so far. Got to like 2-3.

It's a great game. I'll finally have a way of checking out the tutorials for the advanced puyo puyo stuff ha.

I feel like doing tetris fast is easier than doing puyo puyo tetris fast so it will be interesting to see how balanced it is. I was pretty much just playing tetris modes before.

The mode that switches between tetris and puyo puyo is awesome. Maybe my favourite.

My Amazon order showed up today, first time I've ever gotten a game early from them. Bubble mailer + oversized box = very crushed box. Oh well.
Yeah, this happens to me 1/3 times with Amazon. Also happened with my Breath of the Wild LE strategy guide (crushed corner.) I'm not a collector so it doesn't bother me that much, but I do wish they were more careful with their packaging.

Same. I watch so many videos and read tutorials and when I try and take it slow I just... Can't process beyond a combo or two.
Gotta practice more!

Can someone please explain the handicap and how it effects the game? And does the handicap effect the CPU play level?

Also the pro controllers D pad is garbage for this game. I quick drop on accident like 3 times a game. Don't feel like I can get into a grove when I have to worry about a quick drop. Is it possible to have quick drop on a trigger or button?

Cody_D165

Banned

Amazon CS has been very good to me when these situations happen. I'd suggest opening an IM customer support chat with them and providing photos. They have given me partial refunds or Amazon credit in the past when I have received damaged items.

Exis

Amazon dropped mine off today, first physical game I have bought since the PS4 launch.
I want to say that the controls feel a bit loose, but then again I have not played Puyo since the Dreamcast.

Sciz

Can someone please explain the handicap and how it effects the game? And does the handicap effect the CPU play level?

Sweet: Slower drop speed, 3 puyo colors
Medium: Standard drop speed, 4 puyo colors
Spicy: Faster drop speed, 5 puyo colors

Dunno about AI tweaks, but I suspect not.

Seik

Banned
I played the demo with my GF tonight.

While she liked it, she'd like something to practice her Tetris gameplay because even when I was just staking blocks as long as I could she didn't have the time to clear her lines before I was forced to attack.

I guess some single player Tetris Endless Mode is option for her then, right?

Fireblend

Banned
I played the demo with my GF tonight.

While she liked it, she'd like something to practice her Tetris gameplay because even when I was just staking blocks as long as I could she didn't have the time to clear her lines before I was forced to attack.

I guess some single player Tetris Endless Mode is option for her then, right?
Yep. Plenty of single player modes including the classic Tetris marathon for her to practice. Same goes for Puyo.

greelay

Very excited. I don't remember the last time I played a demo so much.

What time are games made available on the eshop?

Ken

wasn't planning on getting this but I saw the price on it and remembered I wanted to import it way back so picked it up

xw2hEei.jpg

Berordn

ummm... what's going on with their page for this? I refresh it and it changes the price from $29.99 to $39.99... I keep refreshing and eventually it goes back to $29.99 and then BACK to $39.99....

Don't tell me they're last minute changing the price on this to $39.99...

It took a while for the price on the eShop to get corrected in the first place.

Nintendo's website probably isn't built for multiple SKUs having different prices and it got confused after the date changed caused a transition from "coming soon" to "available now."

//ARCANUM

It took a while for the price on the eShop to get corrected in the first place.

Nintendo's website probably isn't built for multiple SKUs having different prices and it got confused after the date changed caused a transition from "coming soon" to "available now."

Ah gotcha. Was gonna be pissed if they changed the price to $40 as I decided to not preorder physical in favor of saving $10 this time and having digital access.

Theswweet

I picked up my pre-order about an hour and a half ago from GameStop, I already had a review copy so I basically grabbed the keychains and put the game directly on my shelf... No reason for me to pop the cart in since I already have digital.

The keychains seem very nice! Not $10 nice, but nice regardless!

Top Bottom