• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris |OT| From Russia With Blob

MrPanic

I've been wondering, do the characters do anything different or are they just there for the different voice lines?

Only on Fusion and Party mode they make a difference. In Fusion the shape of pieces you get are determined by character, in Party the type of items that occur more often change per character. It shows it on the character screen in those modes.

MTC100

Banned
It's quite ironic how SEGA is releasing a Tetris game on a Nintendo system, when Nintendo had locked them out of producing a console Tetris back in the NES/Gameboy days.

Who were the people who said they raised the Switch digital price for physical parity?

I think it's still that way and they are only allowed to price the boxed release higher because of the added content(keychains?!)?

-If not for that, perhaps its only Nintendos stance on this and they won't price their own digital games lower than the boxed ones because reasons? Time will tell I guess, also when you look at the pricing on the PSN Store the games are often less expensive in their disc versions too.

Chairhome

I dont buy the keychains being justification for higher price. I think it's just production costs on carts.
My local store got the game in early (this past Friday) for Switch, they said they didn't have any keychains. I waited though since I want the keychains and Amazon Prime discount

I dont buy the keychains being justification for higher price. I think it's just production costs on carts.
My local store got the game in early (this past Friday) for Switch, they said they didn't have any keychains. I waited though since I want the keychains and Amazon Prime discount

I'm sure this is correct, but including the keychains is the workaround for whatever formal or informal policy of price parity exists.

Speaking of the keychains, have there been any pics posted for scale?

They didn't have any keychains because they're packaged in the outer box of every single copy of the first (only?) print run. It's impossible to buy the game physically in NA or whatever country offers the keychains without getting them.

I'm torn what to buy physical or digital, same for Mario Kart. I know I'm gonna want it all the time but physical is cheaper and neat to have, in the event it goes rare. Just the convenience of digital is nice too, to just have a collection on the system ready to go.

il_340x270.1063175379_95wo.jpg

You sure chose a glorious example.

AmyS

I'm not committed to picking up Puyo Puyo Tetris just yet (the demo will suffice for now), but I'm so glad I popped into the OT to find old scans of Tetris coverage like these. This one was new to me; thanks for sharing.

No problem, and here is VG&CE's NES Tetris review:

NqN80b9.jpg

4M6HrEd.jpg

I'm torn what to buy physical or digital, same for Mario Kart. I know I'm gonna want it all the time but physical is cheaper and neat to have, in the event it goes rare. Just the convenience of digital is nice too, to just have a collection on the system ready to go.

I'll tell you the reason I decided to go digital: I own the japanese version on ps4 and I've played it a lot less than I would have if I didn't have to change the disc every time I wanted to play a few rounds. So this way I have PuTet and MK8D at the same time and switch between them at my whim. Yay!

I'll tell you the reason I decided to go digital: I own the japanese version on ps4 and I've played it a lot less than I would have if I didn't have to change the disc every time I wanted to play a few rounds. So this way I have PuTet and MK8D at the same time and switch between them at my whim. Yay!

That is a good point, I already own the japanese version on Xbox and PS4, forgot to mention that

magnetic

I wrote a little beginners guide to Puyo chaining ages ago, so this could be a good time to share it here! Hopefully my writing style hasn't aged too badly. I probably tried a bit too hard to be funny.

http://puyonexus.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1865

Really happy to see that Puyo gets another chance in the west, Tetris is the perfect buddy to get this game in more peoples hands!

Now we just need another Puzzle League title and somehow crowbar it in there as well, if Intelligent Systems could stop making Fire Emblem for a week.

Berordn

So are we assuming this is going live at midnight or around noon tomorrow?

On Switch, anyway. I already know that PSN's update times are based on barometric pressure and phase of the moon and I've forgotten how to draw the pentacle that lets me divine this.

B00TE

Mentioned this in the other thread, I am hopelessly bad at Puyo. Decent at best playing Tetris though, the wheels tend to come off quickly though haha. Will grab this for my switch down the line, but I think I'm content with the PS4 version for the time being. Hoping this sells well, it's absolutely worth the price.

Top Bottom