• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris |OT| From Russia With Blob

one_kill

It took me more than 20 hours but I finally finished every level with three stars. It's something I didn't think I'd be able to do when I started, but alas I have.

Off to unlock everything but doing everything else!

breakfuss

My girlfriend loooooves this game (on Switch). Who would've thought?!? Out of all the shit I buy to try to get her into gaming...a Tertris/Puyo mashup haha.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
"Help Mode" just lets ya straight up skip a stage? Thats cheap and nice since 4-7 was destroying me over an over. Not at all the kinda help I was expecting however o_O

Zero_IYAD

Question: If I order the physical copy on Switch from Amazon now, will it come with the key chains?
Do all physical copies come with them?

muteki

No.

Thanks for confirming.
Hope someone who bought it recently can answer my question.
Not sure if it's a limited release edition or all physical copies come with key chains.
It might be both, if they haven't sold through their original shipment. Day one editions last forever for some games.

Worst case scenario you can always return it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Yolo picked up a digital copy on the Switch tonight. My daughter liked the demo so I said would you like the full game? She was like idk I guess. I was like yolo I'm gonna buy.

Arthos

Loved the demo. Just went and bought it physically because I'm a sucker for extras. The Cave Story keychain was cute AF so I had to get the Puyo ones.

My girlfriend loooooves this game (on Switch). Who would've thought?!? Out of all the shit I buy to try to get her into gaming...a Tertris/Puyo mashup haha.

Exact same situation over here. She loves it so much that it's been a struggle to get a chance to play Zelda

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I just finished up Chapter 6! If I've read and understood things right, Chapter 7 is the end of the story and the other chapters are bonuses? If thats so maybe I should try an wrap up the main game tonight. btw There are far to many characters to keep track of and the need for retrys keep stacking up! Any battles the include powerups/items are just brutal!

No.

Thanks for confirming.
Hope someone who bought it recently can answer my question.
Not sure if it's a limited release edition or all physical copies come with key chains.

Super late but I recently purchased from Best Buy and it came with the keychain. There was also a sticker in the outside that said 'only at Target'... So they're still available.

Rainy

Banned
How's the single player content in this? I'm only asking because i have to stay in a dorm the next few weeks with super shitty wifi so I don't know how viable online play would be.

Hegarol

How's the single player content in this? I'm only asking because i have to stay in a dorm the next few weeks with super shitty wifi so I don't know how viable online play would be.
Its great. Had tons of hours of fun with adventure mode, even more if you aim for that 130% conpletion.

Issa puzzle game.

Plenty to do offline, and the endless mode is excellent once you've finished story mode.

Grinchy

Banned
I finally sort of "get" Puyo. I still suck at it, but levels that I could barely 1-star before are an easy 3-star now. Watching the last tutorial video for Puyo really helped.

I love this game however playing in groups online is terrible on Switch since if someone leaves it shuts down the entire game/lobby.

Has this been fixed yet?

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
If thats so maybe I should try an wrap up the main game tonight.
Pretty sure I had a mental breakdown last night.

Not sure whether that was when I posted this saying "guess I'll go beat the game" all lackadaisical like or when I jumped back into the game and saw 7-1 hit me with a brick wall. Maybe it was both instances? x.x

I help moded 3 of the Chapter 7 battles cause simultaneous Puyo Tetris broke me and cause I have no shame in cheating at games!

Got a Switch and immediately bought this. My first game! <3

I love it. I knew I would. The Adventure mode is too cute, and I love the voice acting. I've been able to three-star most missions without too much effort, but some I can't do just yet (get x amount of points and beat them).

Like a lot of people, I'm struggling with Puyo. I just can't get a feel for the chains yet. I'm not that great at Tetris, either, though, haha.

I know there's guides for Puyo, and I looked at some from the Sega YT page but even then I was like, "uhhh, what." for some of them, haha.

My main poison when it comes to fast-paced puzzle action is Puzzle League (both Pokemon ones), and it's not translating too well in this, but that's fine. It's only been a day, so I'm not being too hard on myself.

I'll have to read those Puyo guides, too, to get a better sense for setting up stuff.

Fireblend

Banned
I recommend looking at the Puyo Nexus Wiki tutorial. It's comprehensive and it not being a video helps since you can read at your own pace.

Hyped for the AnimeEvo action! Gonna be watching in the damn middle of the night from my time zone, but UNIEL's right before it so it'll be good viewing for me!

The Sega YT videos are meant to supplement the guides inside PPT's Lesson mode, so go look at those first
I did. In a real game my mind's just too slow for set-ups. I need a lot of practice. I just meant that in the YT videos, even when he says and does stuff, I'm not 100% what he's talking about as he does it. Guess I'm just really slow.

I recommend looking at the Puyo Nexus Wiki tutorial. It's comprehensive and it not being a video helps since you can read at your own pace.
Yup, those are the ones I found. Good stuff.

Hyped for the AnimeEvo action! Gonna be watching in the damn middle of the night from my time zone, but UNIEL's right before it so it'll be good viewing for me!
When is this? Got a link?

DEZxq0PVwAAl9NN.jpg:large

there's some international talent traveling just to play in PPT so shit should be tight

Fireblend

Banned
I did. In a real game my mind's just too slow for set-ups. I need a lot of practice. I just meant that in the YT videos, even when he says and does stuff, I'm not 100% what he's talking about as he does it. Guess I'm just really slow.
It's without a doubt a matter of practice. I started playing with a freeware version of the game on PC shortly before PPT came out, and I could barely get any chains going - I just kept copying patterns from Puyo Nexus over and over and eventually got good enough to do them automatically and quickly enough to play against the demo characters. I'm far from being at a level where I'm satisfied with my skills, but the difference between then and now is pretty significant. I can do 7-8 chains pretty consistently, with the occasional 9 and 10. It's all a matter of being fast and doing some heavy pattern matching.

I'm still pretty bad at reading opponent actions though. I always try to finish games quickly because they can absolutely get out of control.

Kindekuma

Banned
I recently got this game for the Switch.

I stopped playing Tetris for a good reason years ago, I get too addicted and play for hours. I love versus mode against the AI. I've been learning Puyo but I feel like I don't have as much control as I do in Tetris. Trying to get down chaining as well, but it's taking a while.

I can't post screenshots or make a thread with those screenshots, but there's now a news article on the Switch (for European Nintendo Accounts) saying the game is on sale and 20% off, reduced to £27.99 from £34.99. Offer ends 21 July.

Deep Silver kept quiet about this, wonder if Atlus will do the same thing in North America?

This is the best verison of Tetris I've ever played. Finally, after years of shitty Tetris games we get a great one. Surely there's a spot in hell for that Ubisoft version.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
I'm a lifelong Tetris player and I suck at puyo puyo. Any tactic advice would be appreciated.

Top Bottom