• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PuyoPuyoTetris PS4 trophies just appeared in English

Shivering

Neo Member
Holding out hope for this to come to Xbox if it does release stateside! I've played like 100 hours already w/ my Japanese copy but I'll gladly shell out again to navigate menus without memorization or a guide.

JB2448

Note the English logo, too.
This is definitely happening.
e3j47.png

Sayad

We don't know that this is still true. Considering Ubi has done fuck all with the rights...
We don't know if they still have it now but we do know that the license issue is what prevented a western version around the game's launch and not localization as Vital Tundra was wondering.

Izuna

Banned
There is a physical release and both systems are region-free. Assuming the Asian version gets a retail print, you can just import a physical copy.

I don't need that for myself. I have the JP version of the Xbone one (got it close to release date actually).

Digital is far better, English or not, because then more people can play with each other.

I think I posted a link as to why there wasn't a digital release in the OT.

Takao

Banned
We don't know if they still have it now but we do know that the license issue is what prevented a western version around the game's launch and not localization as Vital Tundra was wondering.

You can buy Tetris Ultimate on PSN, eShop, Xbox Live and Steam. Ubisoft still has the console license. For how much longer? I don't know.

Chairhome

We play the ps4 one regularly in this household. Hope it gets a US release so more people can experience the brilliance

18-Volt

Come on, Sega, this can't be played on a home console. Perfect for a handheld, don't forget 3DS version, please.

G0523

Holy shit this would be amazing if true! I literally have the import version in my cart on Amazon but I can't pull the trigger since it's like $40. Now I really have to hold off.

Halabane

Imported this awhile ago and loved it. Would really like to better understand what seemed like a storyish/progression element. The gameplay was lots of fun and easy to play but a challenge to win.

Halabane

I am assuming there will be no 3DS or Vita versions, at least without some extra effort, as those were released alongside the other last gen versions. The PS4/XBONE versions contain additional features and QOL adjustments that were never backported in JP.

Edit: dicks back in?
https://twitter.com/sam_mullen/status/814320817005740032

I played on the PS4. I love my vita and 3ds but I am not sure this would be a great game on the small screen. I will have to throw it back in and give it wirl. I think the smaller screen and the two stacks tighter together could be a bit overwhelming. not sure. on the other hand it could also be better to see how the other guy is doing.

Zubz

Banned
No game would be worth an imported PS4, but this is a close choice. Glad to see we may actually be getting it, but dreading to see how Ubisoft ruins this.

Tohsaka

No game would be worth an imported PS4, but this is a close choice. Glad to see we may actually be getting it, but dreading to see how Ubisoft ruins this.

PS4 is region-free, you'd only need to import the game itself if it was an Asian English exclusive.

I know this is ultimately a pointless question to ask since noone plays Tetris for a story (Right... Right?), but the trophy list that's up... Is it in English, or Southeast Asian """English"""? Especially important since that Atlus producer is surprised by this as well.

Gonna say right now it'll be a bare minimum Google-translate localization to be sent-to-die in Hong Kong, Taiwan, and the Phillipines as it almost always is in instances like this. Especially since it would be a hell of a breakthough (0% chance) for Sega to be able to publish a Tetris game in the west on EA and Ubisoft's watch.

Izuna

Banned
I played on the PS4. I love my vita and 3ds but I am not sure this would be a great game on the small screen. I will have to throw it back in and give it wirl. I think the smaller screen and the two stacks tighter together could be a bit overwhelming. not sure. on the other hand it could also be better to see how the other guy is doing.

I hope you're aware that Tetris DS was the favourite for professional tournaments a while back

Top Bottom