• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.

StMeph

Mythic Valk AI is nothing if you one-shot her. <3

Shotted Zeus with Goemon + Ur + Freyr, so I figured I'd try the same thing for Valk, since she has less HP than Zeus. First two floors of Legend and Mythic are exactly the same, so with a little luck from no heart cascades in the later floors, a Goemon team can do Mythic Valk same as Zeus.

Cost 2 stones for being retarded, but 1 was going to be necessary from bad boards. 0's possible with a little luck. But that's not bad for 100% drop. Valk #2 get.

Team used: Goemon, Freyr, Horus, Gigas, Siren

I still need to clear Legend for the dungeon clear stone, but I don't want to spend any stones to get 1 back... not sure how I'm going to gameplan for Legend yet.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This is really cool (and helpful!):

1013110_670383866306426_358087514_n.jpg

StMeph

This is really cool (and helpful!)

For personal HP, if the margins are that tight, it's probably easier just to calculate the thresholds in advance. That, and you always know the exact value of your current HP, max HP, and RCV.

It's boss HP that needs better estimating tools, because the thresholds for bosses are varied, and often have several stages for when they use certain abilities in Technicals. It would be more generally useful to show how to easily estimate where a boss's % HP is at.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
For personal HP, if the margins are that tight, it's probably easier just to calculate the thresholds in advance. That, and you always know the exact value of your current HP, max HP, and RCV.

It's boss HP that needs better estimating tools, because the thresholds for bosses are varied, and often have several stages for when they use certain abilities in Technicals. It would be more generally useful to show how to easily estimate where a boss's % HP is at.

The boss HP is what I'm looking at. I just use a calculator for my HP thresholds. It's silly to eyeball something that's SO easy to calc.

Personally, I found Zeusy-D to be harder than Mythical Valk, but that's probably because I have nearly the perfect team for the latter. I have a good team for Dios, but even with that, you have to play perfectly (on every round) to minimize stone usage. With Valk, you can breathe for the whole dungeon, minus the boss round, and then one-shot the boss with your skills.

But I think this difficulty discussion might be moot fairly soon. I was looking at the stats for Fagan's dungeon on PDX last night, and it looks like the hardest thing ever. I already know that Lucifer won't be able to handle it. It basically has to be Kirin's show (with Horus as a possible lead?), as I don't think it's possible to construct a Goemon team where you don't die, either.

J0dy77

This is really cool (and helpful!):

I'm a huge fan of Pad guide. What's even more helpful is the Gravity guide they have that shows enemy HP after multiple uses of gravity. And now that I'm playing on JP it gives me the ability to translate the dungeon names before wasting stamina. Bought the app just to support them, very well made.

Only thing that sucks about padguide is that he's a bit slow on the upkeep to update guerrilla times especially for Japan and Korea. Makes me wonder if there's a way to automate the process, like @pso2_emg_bot does for Phantasy Star Online 2.

J0dy77

Only thing that sucks about padguide is that he's a bit slow on the upkeep to update guerrilla times especially for Japan and Korea. Makes me wonder if there's a way to automate the process, like @pso2_emg_bot does for Phantasy Star Online 2.

Hmmm weird I don't have a problem with it but haven't been tracking the JP side yet. When I wake up in the morning the schedule is always up to date for US.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Super Metals...Trying my Valk team out. First round?

Super King.

Thankfully I had enough Light orbs to OHKO him. Fun and fast team, no need to charge a def break!

Super Metals...Trying my Valk team out. First round?

Super King.

Thankfully I had enough Light orbs to OHKO him. Fun and fast team, no need to charge a def break!

What is the rest of your Valk team? I currently run a Shiva mono-red team for Super Metals, and would love a faster alternative...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What is the rest of your Valk team? I currently run a Shiva mono-red team for Super Metals, and would love a faster alternative...

Valk/Valk + Echidna/Siren/Kirin (for HP)/L Venus

You need to be over 10k HP to survive one hit, but otherwise, this is crazy quick.

E: And out of Valk friends. :( 13 Supers and 23 Kings. Many many highs, but I puked those into Hades to keep box space open.

Probably not helpful to a lot of people, but my Super Metal team is usually :

D/D Hades (or resist variant)
Lilith (max SL)
Ra
Shiva
D/L Hades
Odin/Resist/AutoHeal

Between Ra/Lilith/Shiva, i'm able to burst through the defense once skills are charged. D/D Hades negates enough damage to not be troublesome.

Havn't ran Supers of other colors, but i'm sure the main 3 subs would be the same.

So another clone has popped up, this one with a license that appeals to me at least - Marvel Puzzle Quest. You buy heroes and go on missions. The board is the standard 'one move' type and depending on what gems you clear that determines who attacks. Enemies get a turn to attack as well. So far, the main problem I have with it is that the inventory space is very limited. Definitely trying to catch some micro-transactions but I can't afford to get sucked into that hole in another game. I'll play a little more but I don't see it replacing PAD any time soon.

maks

I think I have a chance at this descend. Who would you guys go in with? Astaroth or Loki?

42 W.A Astaroth <or> 52 Loki GoG (Leader)
44 A. Hera
40 A. Hera
63 Siren Eots (max skill)
Rainbow Keeper
96 Lucifer (friend)

With Astaroth I get 34k HP and 5785 RCV for one heart match.
With Loki GoG I get 23k HP and 7017 RCV for one heart match.

Had a work meeting til now, so I won't be doing much on supers today.

Another meeting at 3. Awesome.

EDIT: Still got four runs, though. Valk team is spectacular for this! You just have to match at least two rows for kings and super kings. Now I'm totally going to run Cu Chulainn for blue super kings, Hera-Ur for greens, and I don't know what for reds. Maybe Seig, if I get him up there by next time.

Had a work meeting til now, so I won't be doing much on supers today.

Another meeting at 3. Awesome.

EDIT: Still got four runs, though. Valk team is spectacular for this! You just have to match at least two rows for kings and super kings. Now I'm totally going to run Cu Chulainn for blue super kings, Hera-Ur for greens, and I don't know what for reds. Maybe Seig, if I get him up there by next time.
I was going to say pretend like you're taking notes on your iDevice, but okay.

Dunlop

4 super runs

4 supers
7 kings

notbad.jpg

Super Metal dragonruns?

I'm able to run in like an hour, first time I have 50 stam to do it. Is there any type of surprise or is it easy?

edit just saw the last boss does 10k every 2 rounds..that is sure to squash me as I will at most have 11k hp ; (

Jagernaut

Super Metal dragonruns?

I'm able to run in like an hour, first time I have 50 stam to do it. Is there any type of surprise or is it easy?

edit just saw the last boss does 10k every 2 rounds..that is sure to squash me as I will at most have 11k hp ; (

A green Odin helper will reduce it to 2k every 2 rounds as long as you stay at full health. If you have an auto heal leader you will be fine.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Super Metal dragonruns?

Most important thing to do is bring a def break, otherwise you're fucked.

Ducarmel

Super Metal dragonruns?

Do you have a Machine Golem his Armor Break skill will bring that defense down to almost nothing and you can ko him in one shot with almost any fully evolved ripper monster. That's how I take him out, but I also have insurance too with a Chaos Devil dragon leader 3 rainbow Keepers and a luci friend.

edit: beaten.

http://www.padherder.com/user/pix/teams/4548/

Would this team be capable of Mythical Valk? I am currently 0/6 drops on Legendary. :(
With that team, you'll need to drop her HP to about 93% before you can blow her away with your skills. With your levels, that might be a bit hard. You'll have to tank/heal back about 17k per turn (but on the plus side, you get a 1-turn break every 10 turns, when her shield goes down).

I highly recommend replacing one of your Heras or Hades with Zeus, even if Zeus is low level. That 35% grav makes a huge difference.

Was playing master ancient wood dragon and doing fine. Changed my team up from starter leader and Odin to noel dragon and Odin. Was gliding through it when the misses saw it and tried playing. She moved two gems one at a time on a chimera which double struck me and killed my ass. I shouldn't be angry at her it's just a game afterall...but I am...

Think it was a chimera. It was on the 5/10 battle. Fuck I'm pissed. Got to calm down...I had tried it last night anD got blasted. Whilst wasting two stones. Changed up my team and tactics and was going to win im pretty positive. So 80 stamina and two fucking stones gone.

I guess I'm more I pissed at gungho putting everything behind a slow ass timer.

Dunlop

Thaks for the tips, beat it the first time no problem.

Wasted a stone (50 stam) on the second attempt as I had a super on the 4th round without an odin.So while I killed it easily with the powers I had built up I had no chance on the last stage

Jagernaut

Thanks to the 2x metal kings and super metal kings dungeons, I evolved and max leveled the Lucifer I pulled last week from the Carnival of Likes. That's the fastest I have ever maxed one of my monsters.

Pacman2k

Stalling, trying to charge skills against Mythical Valk.

Not a fun place to be.

That's where I am right now. :(

Edit: Survived the bind, please RNG gods keep the hearts coming.

4 supers in 5 runs.

Tried valk mythical. Got to demon round and had an unlucky run of heart orbs (or lack there of). Probably next time I can wrap that up.

Also realized I need to evo my Loki for any sort of Hera-Ur/satan team as well as SoD Luci..

Amon37

no x2 drop rate on Friday dungeon is disheartening. got one dark dublit nothing on the second run and I can only do it twice. Still need a light one and 2 rainbow ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom