• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT| Pokemon + Bejeweled + Dungeon RPG on iOS/Android

Status
Not open for further replies.
no x2 drop rate on Friday dungeon is disheartening. got one dark dublit nothing on the second run and I can only do it twice. Still need a light one and 2 rainbow ones.

Yeah, that is super lame. I need mats so I can evolve my Ares and the drop rate was abysmal.

Zero_IYAD

Managed to zero stone Valkyrie an hour before her dungeon disappears.

tumblr_mu5520aUKT1srgzyyo1_500.jpg

No drop.
YUP :|

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Managed to zero stone Valkyrie an hour before her dungeon disappears.

No drop.
YUP :|

The nice thing is that pumping your team levels a bit means you MAY have a chance at Mythical next time she comes around. :)

So what's the next big dungeon to prepare for? I really need to start putting a team together for Dios when he comes around again, but until then...

Zero_IYAD

The nice thing is that pumping your team levels a bit means you MAY have a chance at Mythical next time she comes around. :)

So what's the next big dungeon to prepare for? I really need to start putting a team together for Dios when he comes around again, but until then...
I don't think so
The demons round is brutal, & a Valkyrie who heals endlessly is a disaster.
I'll keep pumping Lucifer/Hades/Hera for sure -how did you manage to almost Max yours when we both got our Lucifers in the event of likes?!-
Guess I need to have a few stones around & keep running Legend till she drops next time we get her.
Hoping I can run Hera-Is/Ur on Legend next time we get them too.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I don't think so
The demons round is brutal, & a Valkyrie who heals endlessly is a disaster.
I'll keep pumping Lucifer/Hades/Hera for sure -how did you manage to almost Max yours when we both got our Lucifers in the event of likes?!-
Guess I just have a few stones around & keep running Legend till she drops.
Hoping I can run Hera-Is/Ur on Legend next time we get them.

I maxed my Luci, took my Hades to 70, and Kirin from 50's to 94 (amongst other things...) by spending stones and rushing Super Metals and spamming 2x king drops. Since I don't really give a shit about REM drops anymore (I wouldn't complain about a Neptune, second Hades, or an extra Luci, but I don't NEED anything), I spend stones on stamina. 5 stones on stamina for me is 10 runs of Super Kings. That's a LOT of XP, haha.

Limit

So what is the meaning of "skill boost" skill associated with Green Odin and others? The skill description says "The entire team starts with 1 turn worth of skills charged". This just means that, for example, AA Lucifer will now be able to use morning star in 34 turns instead of 35, correct?

Zero_IYAD

I maxed my Luci, took my Hades to 70, and Kirin from 50's to 94 (amongst other things...) by spending stones and rushing Super Metals and spamming 2x king drops. Since I don't really give a shit about REM drops anymore (I wouldn't complain about a Neptune, second Hades, or an extra Luci, but I don't NEED anything), I spend stones on stamina. 5 stones on stamina for me is 10 runs of Super Kings. That's a LOT of XP, haha.
Good thinking!
Actually I kinda regret pulling during the godfest, that Indra would help me with nothing & I could have used those 5 stones to tackle Valkyrie a few more times.

Guess I'll start saving stones too, I'd LOVE getting a Neptune, but for now pumping up a strong team that can clear most of the descendents would be the best priority.
...anybody ballsy enough to roll Carnival of Likes again?
NOOO
Lucifer was more than enough :3

J0dy77

I was dumb enough to try the first time. Thought about it when i saw the banner this morning... NOPE!

I really want to roll during the next egyptian fest for Bastet and all the JP released mobs I'm playing with.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Good thinking!
Actually I kinda regret pulling during the godfest, that Indra would help me with nothing & I could have used those 5 stones to tackle Valkyrie a few more times.

Guess I'll start saving stones too, I'd LOVE getting a Neptune, but for now pumping up a strong team that can clear most of the descendents would be the best priority.

Yup - this is the way to go at this point. Clearing Zeus, Hera-Is, and Hera-Ur should be your next priorities. Hear-Is is an amazing gravity user, Hera-Ur sits great on Devil teams, and Zeus is necessary to "one-shot" mythical Valk (Zeus + 2x 30% grav + MS/heal/MS + ~6k damage = dead).

So what is the meaning of "skill boost" skill associated with Green Odin and others? The skill description says "The entire team starts with 1 turn worth of skills charged". This just means that, for example, AA Lucifer will now be able to use morning star in 34 turns instead of 35, correct?

This is exactly what it means. There's a video of a guy with 5 max skilled Awoken dual Ogres. The ogres reduce CD by 1, so 5 of them reduce a "max skilled" CD of 5 to 0, so you start with the skill up. It results in ridiculously fast metal dragon spam.

YouTube Video

correct. Just knocks one turn off. And it does stack i believe.

question is : am i
stupid
ballsy enough to buy more stones. I have plenty of supers to feed :D

Ogres have 2x Skill Boost, so that's a -10 initial cooldown.

Also remembered that 6.0 is just around the corner and with it should come Japanese 2.0 gods, so I'm gonna hold off on rolling until then.

The last endgame descended we're missing is Athena, but on Monday, Japan is getting the next one, Take-Minakata. Beelzebub and Izanami have been revealed but no date has been set for their release yet.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
FTFY :D

Pull rate seems to be pretty good on this carnival of likes thing. Between this one and last one I've managed to pick up Hades, Sasuke, Haku, and now Lucy....between maybe 15 pulls.

That's pretty good compared to the usual rates.

Can't wait until Tuesday!

Yeah, I really think the Carnival of Likes has had the best rates to date. Either that or as Cosmo said a while back, the monsters inside are just so fucking good. I know some of us have been shafted, but I'm an advocate of the 3-4 pulls rule.

Giard

Just realized this was finally released in Canada! Almost a year later but still...

Got Archangel Lucifer in 3 resets, OP says he's good so I'm keeping him. For now I'm only using him in my team and I'm doing okay in most dungeons.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just realized this was finally released in Canada! Almost a year later but still...

Got Archangel Lucifer in 3 resets, OP says he's good so I'm keeping him. For now I'm only using him in my team and I'm doing okay in most dungeons.

See above posts.

Luci is end-game material.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Awesome.
I have 5 more stones, should I try for another god or wait for a Godfest thingy? I'm trying to build a dark team.

You're just starting out? Honestly, you've got arguably the best monster in the game. Kirin being the other competitor (Horus, too I guess). I would use those stones to expand your box a bit. Early on especially, multiple gods only does so much since you don't have the ranks to use them all. Box space, however, allows you to save materials and build a few other teams.

On the other hand, Carnival of Likes... also the opportunity cost early on in the game is much less since stones flow aplenty and even less desirable pulls can help fill out a fledgling party.

Ducarmel

Is there a list of changes for the next US update, All I see is awakening system. I want to know if I should save materials I got to busty Chaos Dragon knight.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
On the other hand, Carnival of Likes... also the opportunity cost early on in the game is much less since stones flow aplenty and even less desirable pulls can help fill out a fledgling party.

Truth. But we all know how trolly the REM can be.

That being said, the REM is the best it's ever been (for today only).

Limit

Most of the monsters in my Lucifer team, like most lucifer teams, are dungeon dropped monsters anyways. So +1 to the idea of using stones to expand the box.

Flambe

Yay Friday dungeon, evolved to SOD Luci and Awoken Odin =D

And now team cost is kicking my ass lol, time to get ranks >.<

Is there a list of changes for the next US update, All I see is awakening system. I want to know if I should save materials I got to busty Chaos Dragon knight.
I don't know how much stuff GH USA is planning on dropping on us at once, but the content roadmap for things not physically in our data as of this morning is something like
5.4 hotfix: Japanese 2.0 gods
various 5.4/6.0 hotfixes: Mystery dragons (biweekly cycle)
6.0 update: Awoken skills, new GUI for Android, new UI for everything
6.0 hotfix: Fagan, some other crap I forgot
6.0 hotfix: Bastet, Mystic Knights busties, toy dragon buffs
6.0 hotfix: Take-Minakata Descended, Chinese god skillup mobs in Mechdragon dungeons
Unknown: Apollo/Persephone busties, Beelzebub Descended, Izanami Descended

Giard

You're just starting out? Honestly, you've got arguably the best monster in the game. Kirin being the other competitor (Horus, too I guess). I would use those stones to expand your box a bit. Early on especially, multiple gods only does so much since you don't have the ranks to use them all. Box space, however, allows you to save materials and build a few other teams.

Most of the monsters in my Lucifer team, like most lucifer teams, are dungeon dropped monsters anyways. So +1 to the idea of using stones to expand the box.

Thanks for the tips.

Ducarmel

I don't know how much stuff GH USA is planning on dropping on us at once, but the content roadmap for things not physically in our data as of this morning is something like
5.4 hotfix: Japanese 2.0 gods
various 5.4/6.0 hotfixes: Mystery dragons (biweekly cycle)
6.0 update: Awoken skills, new GUI for Android, new UI for everything
6.0 hotfix: Fagan, some other crap I forgot
6.0 hotfix: Bastet, Mystic Knights busties, toy dragon buffs
6.0 hotfix: Take-Minakata Descended, Chinese god skillup mobs in Mechdragon dungeons
Unknown: Apollo/Persephone busties, Beelzebub Descended, Izanami Descended

Well I guess I will hold on a bit longer till we definitely know what US pad gets.

Nista

1/15 on Valk skillups -sob-
3 supers in 2 metal runs ain't too bad.

Good luck Valk hunters

Aww I must have stolen all of your luck.

Got my Valkyrie on my first Legendary run (thanks to GC's awesome max luci).
Fed her 6 porings, got her up to skill level 5.

Now I finally have all my heartbreakers for my Horus team options. :)

I still need Kirin. =\

So, here are my current leveling priorities, sorted by color. All the really important guys--SOD Luci, Horus, Goemon, Hera-Is, Hera, Hades, Abyss Neptune, Cu Chulainn, Valk, Echidna--are max or very near it already.

Green:
1. Awoken Zeus-Dios (level 82)
2. Parvati, Goddess of Light (level 30-ish?)
3. Bastet (level 20-ish, unevolved)

Do you guys think I should prioritize Parvati or Bastet? I also have ADK, Lagavulin, and some other stuff.

Red:
1. Awoken Hera-Ur (low level)
2. Shiva the Destroyer? Homura? Gigas (not RGG but just Gigas)?

Blue:
1. Seigfried (level 70, not fully evolved)
2. Kamui (level 30 or so)

Not really sure what else. Siren, I guess? Megalodran? Both are max skill.

Purple:
1. Haku (level 85)
2. Satan (level 50, unevolved)

Yellow:
1. Zeus (level 47, unevolved)
2. Ultimate Failio (level 30-ish, skill level 6)
3. Amaterasu Ohkami (level 63)

What do you guys think? Should I change anything? I'll post my box later, if it helps.

J0dy77

Green:

Do you guys think I should prioritize Parvati or Bastet? I also have ADK, Lagavulin, and some other stuff.

I would definitely put Bastet at the top of that list. Those changes are going to make her awesome and top tier. Parvati and Zeus are helper units only and have limited team composition.

Don't sleep on your RGG either if you're creating a Goemon team.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I still need Kirin. =\

So, here are my current leveling priorities, sorted by color. All the really important guys--SOD Luci, Horus, Goemon, Hera-Is, Hera, Hades, Abyss Neptune, Cu Chulainn, Valk, Echidna--are max or very near it already.

Green:

Red:
1. Awoken Hera-Ur (low level)
2. Shiva the Destroyer? Homura? Gigas (not RGG but just Gigas)?

Blue:
1. Seigfried (level 70, not fully evolved)
2. Kamui (level 30 or so)

Not really sure what else. Siren, I guess? Megalodran? Both are max skill.

Purple:
1. Haku (level 85)
2. Satan (level 50, unevolved)

Yellow:
1. Zeus (level 47, unevolved)
2. Ultimate Failio (level 30-ish, skill level 6)
3. Amaterasu Ohkami (level 63)

What do you guys think? Should I change anything? I'll post my box later, if it helps.

Green: With Bastet getting her ultimate, she's a priority for sure.

Red: Hera-Ur is an all around good fire/dark sub. OK leader if you've got a good devil lineup. But getting RGG (or two...) would be nice for Goemon when you can't risk using Satan.

Blue: Siren to 70-75, and then get your Seig up for that dual-color + 3x ATK team.

Dark: Satan + Goemon = awesome, but situational. Haku is, well, Haku. I like her, but I prefer Kirin. No comment here.

Light: Holy shit Zeus. 35% + great stats = glorious sub. I'd say get him to 70+ for sure.

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll definitely move Bastet up, though I still want to get Dios there, since he's so close and he looks so cool.

My Siren is actually already leveled in the 80s, with a handful of + eggs (she was my initial REM pull, so she's been around for a long time). I guess she's done, even if I can't ever bring myself to feed her to something else, since she got me through so much content.

I almost bricked my phone earlier, trying to flash an Android 4.3 nightly (AOSP keyboard wouldn't work, so I basically could do nothing). I just restored it right now. Will post box soon.

Guys...guys. Hey, guys....

*Update Notice from the Puzzle & Dragons Team*
Maintenance Date: 10/8 (Tuesday) 12:00 AM - 4:00 AM (PDT)

Puzzle & Dragons will be updating to version 6.0.2. To implement this, we will be conducting maintenance on the following date:

10/8 (Tuesday) midnight - 4:00 AM (PDT)
[Tentative schedule: may be extended without notice or compensation]

During this time, you will not be able to access the game.

Additional details (including possible delays or an early finish) will be announced via Facebook.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience.

itshappening.gif

Jagernaut

Will the mystic knight and Bastet busty evolutions be in the new version? I will busty ADK and Bastet immediately. Bastet will replace Freyja on my healer team.

OTIX

Anyone have a low level Orochi they can put up for a minute? I'd like to have a crack at the endless dungeon.

Ashodin

Here's another reaction GIF to the update:

325.gif

Fuuuuck yeah I can't wait! Awakening update is the biggest update to the game by far. And us Android peasants get the new UI :D

Any screenshots of the new UI?
http://mobile.gungho.jp/news/pad/update.html has moon runes version of the changelog with pics. The new team editor and awakening feature are the most obvious additions. I think max box size is now 700 too.

You might not notice until you actually start PAD, but now the monster box is now left aligned instead of center aligned to give more space to the scroll bar. Why? Cause you can now drag the scroll bar to quickly move through menus. I consider this more important than Awakening because it's the only thing that makes me go "fuck I wish we were on 6.0 already" whenever I switch between apps. No more tapping the bottom or top of the screen to quick scroll!

They also spiffed up the animation that happens when you heal in battle, which you will notice exactly once cause it's different then ignore forever cause it's so subtle. Well the gray life bar telling you how much you'll heal isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom