• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puzzle & Dragons |OT4| Co-op Edition: Stoning With Friends

W-00

Rather lackluster ults for the Heroines (at least from what I can read). I don't see any type changes (among those I have and can immediately check), and I'm not sure what exactly Elgenubi's ult enhances. Her LS is the same, so stats only?

At least Mito got a soft bind-clear, Sheena got SBR, and Kuvia and Momiji got skill boosts. That will make all of them more useful. I'm especially pleased with Momiji, since my Myr team was dreadfully lacking SB.

Bladelaw

Thanks, I can see the awakenings but have to wait for translations for skills and types.

Google translate through Chrome did a passable job for me.

Heroine Ults aren't game changers which I'm kind of thankful for. Means the last pack I was planning can go toward Voltron (assuming that's good). Good rolls are still good but no one got a huge power bump. Mel getting SBR makes her a much better fit for a Sumire/Bmyr team

The buffs at the end are pretty nice, makes a bunch of REM trash more usable (still not optimal). Also Scheat getting almost +400 to ATK makes her way more effective when not plussed and when not pronging.

I'm not sure what to make of Satsuki's ults. Her active is still a problem since almost every lead she would be great on needs blues (Dathena, Persephone especially). Her leaderskill is still lack luster. But hey at least she gets 4 prongs in her sub form. Anaphon and Noctis are still her best homes IMO.

smbu2000

Rather lackluster ults for the Heroines (at least from what I can read). I don't see any type changes (among those I have and can immediately check), and I'm not sure what exactly Elgenubi's ult enhances. Her LS is the same, so stats only?

At least Mito got a soft bind-clear, Sheena got SBR, and Kuvia and Momiji got skill boosts. That will make all of them more useful. I'm especially pleased with Momiji, since my Myr team was dreadfully lacking SB.

Elgenubi's leader skill did change. It is currently Machine type cards HP/ATK 1.5x (and the ATK 4x connecting 5 drops with at least one enhanced) to her new Machine type cards have all stats (HP/ATK/RCV) at 1.5x and the same connect 5 orbs with at least one enhanced for ATK 4x.

Also the Heroine uevo mats are just standard ones and aren't difficult to obtain.

W-00

Elgenubi's leader skill did change. It is currently Machine type cards HP/ATK 1.5x (and the ATK 4x connecting 5 drops with at least one enhanced) to her new Machine type cards have all stats (HP/ATK/RCV) at 1.5x and the same connect 5 orbs with at least one enhanced for ATK 4x.

Ah, okay.

So I can sell every Heroine dupe, right? I'm not going to need to hold on to a ton of each 5 star?

I'd still wait at least a little while to see how JP reacts. If they riot, there may be more buffs coming.

Ducarmel

Will jp riot over HREM?

I imagine the Kirin army are not happy about her revo, all they did was make her a stronger glass cannon. I bet top players can beat Arena 1/2/3 with her but not without careful sub support and inherits.

I'm still baffled why they did not add dragon type to Barbara leader skill.

W-00

Woah woah woah woah! On Reddit they're saying that the Heroines reset to level 1 when evolved, and have to be at max level to evolve. But that's... regular evolution (well, technically Revo, too)! Weren't we promised Ults? I distinctly remember people saying they would be Ultimate Evolutions!

Sure, it's not as painful as it would have been in the past to get something to lvl 99 twice, but still...

Ducarmel

I remember others saying it was uevo, but I cant read Japanese just need somebody to translate the original announcement to see if it really was uevo or regular evo.

My jp alt got silk for its 500 rank pull, my jp main needs 48 more rank ups to get to 500.

Jagernaut

No info yet on Saito Hajime split ult? I have a hyper Saito that I started using paired with Aizen. It's a system team with Grida and 3 Satsuki, fun but not for tricky dungeons. I can do 50 million plus damage with 2 dark crosses (432x atk with skill use).

J0dy77

No love on Kanna despite unreasonable expense attempting to get her. My strat above is basically a carry plan. I do have baldin so I do have access to a dragon spike.
Edit: I'm reworking my team
Ra(Revo hades)
Sephiroth (lkali)
Rozuel(orochi)
Amon(muse)
Dkali(Ichigo)

Think this will do it?
Also Mzeus is only machine type so godkiller doesn't hit him.
I can replace Amon with khepri and put carat on dkali to nail the combo check.

Edit:
I ran with khepri/carat and that's a WAAAAY better solution. Rozuel did enough damage to one hit kill Zeus alone.

Edit the third: yolo pulled a dupe okuni so I can finally do awoken okuni now on my main. Dumped more money into the heroine REM for some reason. I'll be able to get dark Athena if we're ever so fortunate at least.

I just wiped on floor 6 getting him down to 51% again. I replaced sherias with gunma and it is making the actives easier. If you can one shot Zeus with sephiroth, I can clear every other level if needed, just pass the turn and use actives.

Want to try tonight?

Bladelaw

I just wiped on floor 6 getting him down to 51% again. I replaced sherias with gunma and it is making the actives easier. If you can one shot Zeus with sephiroth, I can clear every other level if needed, just pass the turn and use actives.

Want to try tonight?

Yeah sure what time works for you? I need to give my kids a bath tonight so either "soon" or around 10pm EST works for me.

J0dy77

Some of these Revo ults are interesting. Kirin is going to be the ultimate glass cannon and I'm interested to see what yomi and asteroth can do.

Asteroth at 64x atk and 4x hp is nothing to sneeze at.

jiggle

Wow
The evo screen in the new update is a complete mess

They somehow made it even harder to find evoleale cards

And took away the satisfaction of seeing a full box of darkened cards :(

What fresh hell kind of box do you have where you actually have completely evolved cards

also i did one more roll for ruin on JP PCGF, got a Gremory which I guess makes the GF officially not a bust after rolling 75% silvers

Ducarmel

Looks like jp server completed Gachadra Godfest REM goal. At the current rate its going I don't know if we will make Heroine REM (assuming jp still cares about HREM)

smbu2000

Oh so the rewards for the Gachadra Dungeon come as we pass them. We passed the first tier for the middle one (gold) so we all got mails with a pull on the God REM.

On my main, I pulled another Haku (#3). I think I'll probably just leave her as is and make her D/D Haku. My first two I've made into the Awoken versions. Now I have 3 Hakus on both my main and sub accounts.

On my sub, I pulled Dark Lucifer. I think this is the first time I've ever pulled him. I'm sure I can find a use for him.

Looks like jp server completed Gachadra Godfest REM goal. At the current rate its going I don't know if we will make Heroine REM (assuming jp still cares about HREM)
I'm pretty sure that we'll get the first pull for the Heroine REM, but the second pull will be impossible. At least we'll get a pull because of Mr. Iwai clearing the dungeon yesterday in under 5 minutes (I still love his final puzzle with most of the board being dark).

J0dy77

Woohoo, success. Blade and I finally got through mech Zeus. Wiped the first two times for me being bad but went down easy after that. That dungeon is clearly made for MP. Ultra chicken here we come.

My Alt and managed to roll Meridionalis.

Is there any sort of ideal Meri co-op team? My main has 3 toshiros and the blue skyfalls (B! Eschamili, Hermes). Alt has two Blodins and the bind clear (Awoken Isis). The only thing lacking from either account is probably Sumire and a delay (other then xmas Siren).

Bladelaw

My Alt and managed to roll Meridionalis.

Is there any sort of ideal Meri co-op team? My main has 3 toshiros and the blue skyfalls (B! Eschamili, Hermes). Alt has two Blodins and the bind clear (Awoken Isis). The only thing lacking from either account is probably Sumire and a delay (other then xmas Siren).
Like ALB it's pretty much toshiros plus whatever is needed to handle dungeon mechanics. Xmas Siren should be a fine delay for farming purposes.

If you're looking for a "real" team then any of the following are good subs or inherits:
Andromeda
Sumire
Mori motonori
Ryune
Skuld
Isis
Orochi
Hermes
Blonia

Can someone explain the folders from the JP stream to me? You get 6 total (the three fodder folders and three custom) or 3 total?

Regardless that's a huge QOL upgrade for me, I hope it gets here very soon.

Triple play seems.... underwhelming, I guess

Bladelaw

Meri is so great. I don't even care that her "evo" is pretty meh. I'm going to latent this team out so I don't have to worry about relying on Isis's shield for DQ hera. I'm really happy with the consistency. As long as I don't derp a combo shield this team is bulletproof (for A1 at least).

Been running A1 most of the day just strolling through. Really the only threats are Tama floor and getting heart trolled.

b33r

Meri is so great. I don't even care that her "evo" is pretty meh. I'm going to latent this team out so I don't have to worry about relying on Isis's shield for DQ hera. I'm really happy with the consistency. As long as I don't derp a combo shield this team is bulletproof (for A1 at least).

Been running A1 most of the day just strolling through. Really the only threats are Tama floor and getting heart trolled.

I ALMOST regret buying bmyr on JP because of Meris fast consistency on a1, but bmyr team still gets past harder content that Meri can't. Meri arena runs are so good.

W-00

Since there's no more reason to pull in the HREM, I decided against my better judgement to make a YOLO roll in the trap Godfest on my main (it had over 100 stones and nothing to save them for).

The eggs went into the dragon...

And out came a gold egg...

Urd! My first regular Urd, joining my Summurd! I'm actually quite pleased with this outcome.

Then, feeling lucky, I made a YOLO roll on my alt (which had far fewer stones). Radious. Considering that I had also made another roll in the HREM on my alt earlier (my alt wants Momiji!) and gotten Mito #4, I really shouldn't have rolled at all on my alt today.

Now, to figure out where to slot Urd into my Yamamoto team (Yamamoto, Antares, Elgenubi, Rozuel (Fire Dragon Knight), and Scarlet)... Antares has to stay because he brings half of the team's SBR. Elgenubi stays, because I just got her and she's going to be the solution to the team's chronic orb shortages. That leaves Rozuel and Scarlet. Subbing out Rozuel would finally give the team full SBR while increasing attack power (because Yamamoto has more use for Urd's enhances than Rozuel's TPAs), but it would also leave the team completely vulnerable to binds. That just leaves Scarlet. Subbing her out would leave the team at 80% SBR, and trade two rows for two enhances. That's fine, since Yamamoto brings enough rows for the team, but I dunno... taking Scarlet off the team just doesn't feel right. Maybe I'll swap between Urd and Rozzie depending on what the dungeon needs.

J0dy77

With the announcement of Revo Persephone is dark athena still worth the cost in your eyes? She has basically the same damage output only .5x less. The only major difference is the awakenings, extra TPA and the skill bind immunity. The SB is a big deal but I'm not sure if I want to take the 750k plunge anymore.

W-00

Urd left me feeling too confident, so I couldn't stop myself and made another roll in the GF on my main.

Satsuki. I have no idea what I'm going to do with her, but I'm happy to have her. So happy, that I made another roll.

Sumire. Well, I mean, I already had one, but she's one of the cards where dupes are good, so I made another roll.

Ruel. Oh how I would rue rolling a dupe Ruel if not for the announcement of her (split?) ult coming out, but the announcement has been made, so I made another roll.

Fuma Kotaro. Oookay? I mean, he's far from optimal but he can be combined with Momiji to make a good Myr board (not that there's a spot for him on my team), so whatever, I made another roll.

Lumiel. Neat! She's good for DAthena (and Revo Persephone? Not sure if she's more restrictive), so I'm glad to have her. So I made another roll.

Sheria Roots. Oh, hey, I think he's my first DKali-style inheritable active, and he's got true damage to boot, so guess rolling him was a good thing. So I made another roll.

Haku. My third Haku, to be exact. Well, I had just been thinking about how I didn't want to Revo my A. Haku unless I was sure and I didn't want to give up D/R Haku unless I had to, so I suppose I'll Revo this one. Or wake her and Revo my original Haku. But even though I'm glad to have her, I'll take rolling a triple as a sign that I should get out of this GF before I roll a silver.

Kukumalu

Need some help here:
Want to start playing so I did some rolling on the Godfest looking for a Ronove, Kaede or Gremory but didn't manage to get any of them but managed to get:

Blue Sonia
Dark Metatron
Gadius
Red Sonia
Ryune
Satsuki
Secrets Kali
Typhon
Verdandi
Zuoh

Now my problem is deciding whether any of these is a worthy starter since there is some inconsistency on the tier lists I've seen mostly due to them not being updated for a while.
While Setsupad doesn't have any of these as one of the top tier leaders, some sites like Padherder and Mantasticpad say some of them are actually pretty good.

I don't mind waiting for the next Godfest to start playing if that gives me a better chance to start with a top tier unit (I plan to spend some money and regret not starting with better units on some other gachas).

Needed one more skill up for Romia, figured that I'd just run Monday Dungeon a few times to get the last one and spent the last hour of 5x running Light Carnival for Wukong skillups.

13 runs later I finally got the ONE skillup I needed. I miss 5x already.

Need some help here:
Want to start playing so I did some rolling on the Godfest looking for a Ronove, Kaede or Gremory but didn't manage to get any of them but managed to get:

Blue Sonia
Dark Metatron
Gadius
Red Sonia
Ryune
Satsuki
Secrets Kali
Typhon
Verdandi
Zuoh

Now my problem is deciding whether any of these is a worthy starter since there is some inconsistency on the tier lists I've seen mostly due to them not being updated for a while.
While Setsupad doesn't have any of these as one of the top tier leaders, some sites like Padherder and Mantasticpad say some of them are actually pretty good.

I don't mind waiting for the next Godfest to start playing if that gives me a better chance to start with a top tier unit (I plan to spend some money and regret not starting with better units on some other gachas).

This is a tough one. Are these on multiple accounts or did you manage to get all of them somehow? Tier lists are helpful, but there's plenty of good starting leads that can take you to end game, and one of the best leads in the game Myr is farmable. I think Ryune might be your best option, pair her with a friends Meri. Typhon is good, and was one of my first teams, but you need some specific subs to make him work.

Bladelaw

C10 done with Krishna
Krishna
Silk
Urd
Sanada
Awoken Cao Cao

Skill boost badge.

Took three tries before Urd gave me 12 hearts but it's done now. Stalling is really hard and I had to use three turns on Zeus which is scary as hell.

It's not often I need silk but man she came through today. Without her I was dropping Zeus to his damage absorb threshold.

Aesnath

I beat legendary sea of trees this morning. I just SI'd sheen onto Yomi and burst hard through the shield with Gremory. It felt good. I also rolled a bunch on the godfest, out of boredom; but I'm pretty happy with what I got:

1. Sumire (yeah! high HP blue!)
2. Anubis (well I didn't have one and counterattack is useful on occasion)
3. Green dragon (crap, sold)
4. Australis (...not sure what to do with it. Green is such an issue with me, never have any use for them, even the good ones)
5. Dark Wisdom King (..whatever...)
6. Ilm (Yeah!!!!)
7. Dark Chester (3 SBR seems OK sometimes)
8. Red Sonia (x3, they love me)

Actually feel good about all of this. I wanted a Sumire and Ilm is quite the catch for Minerva.

As for the stream, I'm surprised they did all of this at once, it is like information overload. I wonder if they did this on purpose in order to diminish the focus of backlash for mostly disappointing evos. Outside of that, I love the idea of folders, descended assists, and drop buffs.

Let me talk about evos for a moment, just a few things off the top of my head.

First off, I'm very surprised about the lack of quality in the HREM evos. Honestly, even the 7* evos are a bit "lateral" rather than actual upgrades. Despite the presence of glaring weaknesses, almost nothing in HREM had them patched. Meri got more damage (didn't need it), Barbara got better damage (OK, but still really limited), Navi still sucks, and Romia is slightly more useful. If you can field a bunch of machines, elegnubi could be a marginally playable lead. Everyone else got even less, with the exception of Kuvia becoming an even stronger TPA-er.

Other evos were pretty disappointing across the board, including Yomi, Sakuya, Haku. Persephone and Hermes are still broadly playable, but no one is likely clearing any more content with them.

Satsuki is kind of a special case. On the one hand, her leader evo feels very disappointing. On the other hand, her sub seems pretty awesome--on paper. However, the sub version's typing means she can't really see play on a large number of top tier dark teams, including D.Athena and Gremory (don't laugh, I feel it could have opened up a TPA build). Anatyphon, however, may have seriously got access to something impressive. Generally speaking, I'm impressed that they managed to give satsuki solid buffs while at the same time still restricting her playability significantly. Next level trolling there.

Scheat, though, she got a bit scarier. Other buffs were a mixed bag, but I'm also happy about Xin Hua--an extra row and TPA helps to differentiate her from Yomidra as she just has better offensive awakenings overall.

Ducarmel

PADX reporting something about card trading! So I don't have to farm Mech Zeus and Zeus Dragon I can just trade for it?

Need some help here:
The tierlist you are probably looking at are mainly for endgame stuff, you don't need any of those leaders starting out. It would be nice to have them in the beginning but endgame tierlist and starting roll tierlist are very different.

That said Dr_LawyerCop is right about Ryune. She is the best of the bunch you rolled and beginner friendly.

Dark Gala is active if you still are rerolling then Pandora is the jewel of that group. Oda Nobunaga being the second best.

Bladelaw

...stream notes...

Agreed on all counts. Opening Barbara to dragons would have made her a top tier lead with heart cross durability and the potential to use satsuki TPA's without screwing up her colors with her active.

Romia is still a great Acala sub and behind Meri the next best 6* pull. Like you said, everyone got better at what they're already doing, but it doesn't open up any new content for them.

I'm still hoping for a JP riot on at least Barbara.

Satsuki has a couple teams she'll still work on but they were teams she already had a home on. Noctis, Dkanna, and Anaphon will still take advantage of her damage except when something like Sopdet is a concern. I'm not seeing much reason to keeping 6 of them though.

Where else can satsuki be used? She'd be so much more useful if she converted almost any other orb type to dark. I'm still thinking of using her on revo Persephone with an inherit since it's so much damage to leave on the table.

EDIT: I see Myr's value dramatically increase with trading. Also this might mean Orpharion parts are obtainable by plebs like me.

Aesnath

PAD is adding a trading system!

Farmable monsters only

Still useful if Zeus Dragon etc are included in that list

I mean, it is something. At the very least, if you are cooping a dungeon for one skill-up and your partner wants the other, you will cut down on the number of runs total. Also, if it is broadly applicable to descended drops, it will really help out starting players in getting awoken evos or that kind of stuff.

Rare invades and that kind of stuff will be very interesting--we may see the development of a market for some things. Like, how many plusses is a Grida worth if you never saw one? How much for a Radar dragon?

It has the potential to be kind of a cool upgrade.

Bladelaw

I mean, it is something. At the very least, if you are cooping a dungeon for one skill-up and your partner wants the other, you will cut down on the number of runs total. Also, if it is broadly applicable to descended drops, it will really help out starting players in getting awoken evos or that kind of stuff.

Rare invades and that kind of stuff will be very interesting--we may see the development of a market for some things. Like, how many plusses is a Grida worth if you never saw one? How much for a Radar dragon?

It has the potential to be kind of a cool upgrade.

Or create a nightmarish black market for things like plusses, Mzeus, Radars, and Orpharion parts. I'm curious what if any measures they're implementing to keep things from getting out of hand.

I'd certainly be willing to trade away some plusses for Orpharion bits since there's no way I'm going to try farming coliseum or the Machine Descends. The first is a nightmare hellscape I might go for a single clear, and the second is either a slog with Revo Minerva or a crapshoot with a real team. Giving away plusses I can reliably farm later for Orpharion is way more preferable. I wouldn't pay real money for it though.

Ducarmel

I doubt it will be money for trade.

I can see mp being the currency.

Zeus Dragon is 99 mp right, I would pay 1,000 - 10,000 mp for him just to get one.

I do hope its a capped trade market, I would not want the community to control it.

Aesnath

Or create a nightmarish black market for things like plusses, Mzeus, Radars, and Orpharion parts. I'm curious what if any measures they're implementing to keep things from getting out of hand.

I'd certainly be willing to trade away some plusses for Orpharion bits since there's no way I'm going to try farming coliseum or the Machine Descends. The first is a nightmare hellscape I might go for a single clear, and the second is either a slog with Revo Minerva or a crapshoot with a real team. Giving away plusses I can reliably farm later for Orpharion is way more preferable. I wouldn't pay real money for it though.

Yeah, no, cash would be a bad idea. You are probably right though, if someone can make money on it, they will. This makes me think that it will be pretty limited, like only at the end of a dungeon you cooped. Will still have some uses, like if you need dupes of things that dropped, but will be more "meh" overall.

Or it could be like only with best friends. That would have some use, much harder to abuse.

Bladelaw

Anyone have a good solo strategy for C8? Jize is my sticking point.

Thinking something like this:
Aizen
A.. Haku
Revo Hades
Cecil
Yomidragon

Floor 1: I can stall a turn or two to get skills back up, then kill.
Floor 2: is Hades-->smash
Floor 3: chip him to death, pop aizen if hearts become scarce
Floor 4: Cecil if I need to heal, Haku If I don't.
Floor 5: 1 Cross + non dark combos to break resolve then finish with whatever's left. going to be picking a partner with plenty of SDR on their Aizen lol.

W-00

Anyone have a good solo strategy for C8? Jize is my sticking point.

I used the same strategy I always use these days: Meri until dead. Of course, since both of my accounts have her, I co-oped it. Single-player results may vary, but I think your Meri team is better than either of mine, so it should work. If you can tank DQ Hera, I wouldn't expect anything in it to kill you following this strategy.

Floor 1: Stall if you want, but otherwise just kill.
Floor 2: Use six linked water that ARE NOT in a row to get him below resolve, hope you get enough hearts/use heartmakers to stall until water absorb is over. Kill.
Floor 3: Again, six (or more) linked water orbs that don't make a row should hit below his null but do enough damage to kill him quickly.
Floor 4: Meri (if it will leave you enough non-waters to combo) and combo to death. Otherwise stall until you have a better board.
Floor 5: Use non-row linked blues to get below resolve (I think I used bunches of seven or eight for him) and then just power through his shield (I used an 8-row, a TPA, and a few combos).

Bladelaw

Ended up going with Aizen, Awoken Haku Awoken Okuni, Revo Hades, Cecil.

Floor 1: Smash
FL2: Hades-->smash
FL3: delay, 3 match 3 times (plus non dark skyfall) to kill. Okuni's spike is risky if you get dark skyfall but I didn't so it went smooth.
FL4: Aizen then just combo out
FL5: Cross dropped resolve, then another cross killed.

I just completed C8 with Ronove by knocking him below resolve, stalling out his shield, and going for the killshot. Every other floor was a nonissue.

Things got dicey as I got him very close to execution range but crossing every turn and praying for no skyfall worked.

I don't think I'm going to attempt C9 or 10. I just wish I had a reliable A1 farming team for Py heaven because lord knows I don't want to run Myr another 5 times for those last skillups :( I have 6 +297 mules, an unevo'd Haku, A.Persephone, Grida needing skillups, and tons of other potentially workable subs (Anubis? Castor?). I'm ready and waiting, I just hope she's part of this event rush thing even if it's the last one.

b33r

Ended up going with Aizen, Awoken Haku Awoken Okuni, Revo Hades, Cecil.

Floor 1: Smash
FL2: Hades-->smash
FL3: delay, 3 match 3 times (plus non dark skyfall) to kill. Okuni's spike is risky if you get dark skyfall but I didn't so it went smooth.
FL4: Aizen then just combo out
FL5: Cross dropped resolve, then another cross killed.

I can make that team minus Hades, I'll just have to pray on floor two. I tried it once and got dark skyfall on floor two, died.

Bladelaw

I can make that team minus Hades, I'll just have to pray on floor two. I tried it once and got dark skyfall on floor two, died.

Just be aware of water absorb once you drop resolve. Adjust the team positioning accordingly.

@Moblin:
C10 is really nasty unless the skyfall gods are your friend no question. It's much more manageable in coop depending on your leads. The usual A. Ra teams can get the job done but you need to stall out floor 2's damage absorb. Floor 3 isn't as bad if you or a partner brings a gemstone and the means to hit 8 combos since you're not dealing with locked jammers here unlike his normal descend. I'd say it's not worth the effort. I went for it mostly to practice comboing with high stakes. I went with Krishna since I had silk available and basically lucked out with a decent urd-->sanada board.

C9 is much more approachable though. I did it solo with a standard ALB team. ALB, Dios, Dios, Dios, Tengu (Sado). Use ALB actives on floor 1 and 3, dios on 2 and 4, Dios-->Sado on floor 5 to beat the combo check depending on how the locked orbs play out. It's probably trivial in multiplayer since your partner can bring Keiji and Change The World or just use a Myr active.

Top Bottom